"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know" YT MP3, FLAC & Digital 320

Discussion in 'Downloads / Bootlegs' started by Famous when dead, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

FB_IMG_1578599756481.jpg

When this community works, it works well.
    We went from a snippet to full track to full FLAC before it was released in the majority of the world.
    Kudos to all helping to get the track out for everyone to hear.
    Again, as this is being 'given away' on YT, I see no issue in sharing it here.
    The following were pulled from the General Forum thread and were becoming buried in replies:

MP3 YT rip:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ol1img

Deezer FLAC:
    https://mega.nz/#!YwFG0ABL!fOqXIr219B9EEtpVy7t9x3kPI_dYnHRJ91s0iT2TYwE

Official BMG 320 kbps version of the track:
    https://we.tl/t-8tFnYUWTL7

Thanks to Anon & @adhouse for helping to make the download section worth a visit.
    Regards,
    FWD.

If the file sharing sites used are problematic for anyone - reply below and will sort other hosts.

Thanks again to everyone contributing & @DrStatham for the YT link.
    The digital store version will appear here as soon as I see it to purchase.
    Regards,
    FWD.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Ketamine Sun

Ketamine Sun Why do Moz haters obsessively visit solo?

Thanks! gotta hear that flac now.

I’m telling you folks, been listening to Bobby on repeat, and it just gets better and better!

Can’t wait for the album ! Gonna be killer!

VIVA MOZ !!!

:thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Anne Nomis

Anne Nomis Guest

Famous When Dead...you sir are a gentleman and scholar...

THANKS!!!!

4. Famous when dead

• Like Like x 3
  5. BoyWithTheThornInHisSide

BoyWithTheThornInHisSide They Don't Believe Me

Thanks for the links. The song sounds great. Can't wait for the full release. California Son was such a disappointment for me; it'll be nice to hear a proper album again.

6. PIVI16

PIVI16 Active Member Subscriber

Thanks Famous When Dead !!!!!
    Best Regards,
    PIVI16

7. gordyboy9

gordyboy9 GAME OF DEATH.

can people not pay a quid like I did,hardly going to break the bank.and they wonder why his music doesn't chart anymore.

8. Nice vocals from Thelma. Still a token gesture on Morrissey’s part. Nothing’s changed. Only just saying.

9. Famous when dead

As they put the track on YouTube for free - they are shooting themselves in the foot.
    How is it meant to chart with no physical release at the same time. That means all other 'regular' chart potential is removed and only a vinyl 7" placement will be achieved. Staggered releases work against his perceived chart fixation. He would need a severe increase in interest and fans to get top 40 on digital sales alone. This wasn't a single release as such. It was a throwaway gesture with 'real' product to follow. The term single has become completely ambiguous in today's world and he hasn't caught up with that yet.
    That said, even combined sales of a 7" single and digital download properly scheduled and promoted by Moz et al may not be enough to get anywhere either.
    As someone who buys multiple copies of products, I have no qualms in sharing tracks they themselves are happy to put out digitally that anyone can rip from YT.
    Regards,
    FWD.

• Like Like x 2
    • Insightful Insightful x 1
  10. ThePoliticalRevolution

ThePoliticalRevolution Well-Known Member

Putting it on YT is a good move. In fact, if it were me, i'd have ordered placement and free distribution of the track is a much more tactical way. What you want in this moment is to cast a wide net and get people talking about the work itself. The song is good. It's weird and sexy. Thelma and Steve, are, by all accounts, delightful characters for a colorful narrative- a narrative that either Steve's team controls or the press does. My last sentiment is germane.

The comments on youtube are quite favorable. Morrissey has a diverse audience most of whom are unaware of his ongoing kerfluffle with Guardian.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  11. ThePoliticalRevolution

ThePoliticalRevolution Well-Known Member

Those who take my advice do well in their "careers"

12. gordyboy9

gordyboy9 GAME OF DEATH.

famous, nobody can ever question you for your contribution to this site,my point is that if its on here for free then people will simply bypass amazon and lets face it its only a pound to buy.

13. Famous when dead

I don't really disagree with you.
    I do suspect, however, that given the choice of paying if it wasn't posted here or ripping from YT that the latter is the usual way people would choose to consume music these days (as evidenced by the YT rip of this song being the first thing shared here at the time). So, BMG are encouraging it themselves really.
    I'd really like to see a concerted effort to market things like STDIB was - where total sales actually counted towards something more tangible and everything was available to buy at once alongside radio support etc.
    The album will sure as hell leak too and that will be posted here simply so people don't have to fight with torrents and malware sites etc.
    I have no issue with your view and happily say I respect it.
    Regards,
    FWD.

• Like Like x 3
  14. gordyboy9

gordyboy9 GAME OF DEATH.

as long as I don't have to work the new year.