Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?- unofficial Video - now unblocked

Really? I know these things are subjective, but the more I play it, the more I love it.
Are you playing it on the right equipment? Are you playing it loud enough?
It's a great track, imho.

It's not really the sound and the instrumentation, which are fine for what they are, but I just find the song lacking in the qualities I look for in a Morrissey song: charm, wit, tenderness, melody. Just the other day I went running and gave Ringleader a spin, which I consider my least favourite of Morrissey's self-penned albums in the 21th century, and was surprised how much I liked even the lesser tracks on it. But I'm glad that you like Bobby.

It's not really the sound and the instrumentation, which are fine for what they are, but I just find the song lacking in the qualities I look for in a Morrissey song: charm, wit, tenderness, melody. Just the other day I went running and gave Ringleader a spin, which I consider my least favourite of Morrissey's self-penned albums in the 21th century, and was surprised how much I liked even the lesser tracks on it. But I'm glad that you like Bobby.

I'll concede it does lack certain 'traditional' elements, such as those which you mention, but I don't think the nature of the song is one where 'charm, wit, tenderness' would be fitting, plus it might be the case Moz is moving on from that - the album will tell us if this is the case, or not. I'll also concede that the multiple & various drugs references are over done; quite why we need to know, & why Moz felt the need to include, all the various & alternative slang terms, I have no idea.
But, I do love the beat, tempo & the power of the track, & I think TH's inclusion is refreshing & gives the track a new dimension.

Maybe best to compare it to Something is Squeezing My Soul, also containing multiple drug references ans also maybe lacking in 'charm, wit, tenderness' and opening single, or rather song, to an album.
To me Bobby beats Skull by a pretty large margin. Bobby sounds much richer, musically, and Moz sounds a lot more convincing.

Maybe best to compare it to Something is Squeezing My Soul, also containing multiple drug references ans also maybe lacking in 'charm, wit, tenderness' and opening single, or rather song, to an album.
To me Bobby beats Skull by a pretty large margin. Bobby sounds much richer, musically, and Moz sounds a lot more convincing.

Yeah, I was thinking that earlier about YOR's Something is Squeezing My Skull, a powerful track with drug references, but also Black Cloud, again a powerful track...not much charm, wit, tenderness on display there either, yet still a great track.
I'd agree Bobby beats Skull too.

FFS Ordinarydrunk, get a grip.
My mate, Basil Fawlty, would describe you as a 'cloth-eared bint' - & he'd be right on the nail.
I'd describe you as a musical luddite who is clinging onto the past. Those who live in the past, stay in the past.

lol

I enjoyed this @smiler
Liked the linkage.
LA, The Sands, Righteous Brothers synonymous with The Sands, Moz in wheel chair, 'invalid friend' At Amber = back to The Sands.
Intentional or just me making links?
Regards,
FWD.

Well, YOU wouldn't know the Bobby if he bit you on the *ss, but I know you would like it! :squiffy::p

There are a great many things I like done to my ass but biting is not one of these things. Bobby knows what these things are.

@smiler great job on the viddy! :thumb:

Smiler divertido tu video la ultima parte me gusto,los ojitos de Moz subiendo y bajando con cara de loquito jaa jaa bueno es un homenaje para Moz !!! Estaria bueno que tomen la idea de Smiler y hagan videos es re divertidooo los que saben pongan videos como los de Smiler!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom