"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Based Morrissey still making femoids, trannies and liberal nu-males seethe. Both the cover and the song are absolutely fantastic. If you don't like it, you're free to...
EN5TE1-X0AELd_S

Hmm. It's definitely interesting and I do like it. But on each listen, the best part is definitely the beginning, since the song doesn't really go anywhere. Like somebody wrote, for a song that's nearly six minutes long this doesn't have enough verses or different lyrics or parts in general. It also continues the recent trend of Moz adlibbing seminonsense (like the "babies/rabies/scabies" part in Neal Cassidy). But yes, colour me intrigued.

Thelma takes an important role in the song making it that more special.

But can it really be called a duet ?

More like call and response.

‘adjective
noting or pertaining to a style of singing in which a melody sung by one singer is responded to or echoed by one or more singers.‘

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/call-and-response

Guess it’s just easier to call it a duet. Understandable.

I agree. For it to be called a duet Thelma should sing whole lines or verses of the song, now she just trills over the Morrissey vocal which would work on its own too. If Thelma's vocals were cut out, it wouldn't feel like something was missing. Her vocals are fine and good in the song, but I wouldn't call this a duet either. Interlude is still the sole true duet in Morrissey's discography.

Gave the track 3 more back-to-back plays this morning & am really enjoying it. I stand by my initial opinion that the lyrics aren’t especially good, but overall it’s a strong piece of work.

Can’t wait for the rest of the album.

Also hoping the singles might have some actual original material as b-sides. I really love I Thought You Were Dead.

It's as bad as the horrible bunch of bonus tracks (especially "Twin") on LIHS deluxe. Again, a tuneless romp with no real lyrical flow and in general americanized to death. The 2 voices do not fit together at all and to compare it with a Stones classic is arrogant. I never wanted to listen to an overblown american diva in the first place, when I discovered Morrissey for me. "Tip your hat to the yankee conqueror...you proud american son". It's over.

Last edited:
Rondy say it is quite great. He is calling it the best one yet.

It's as bad as the horrible bunch of bonus tracks (especially "Twin") on LIHS deluxe. Again, a tuneless romp with no real lyrical flow and in general americanized to death. The 2 voices do not fit together at all and to compare it with a Stones classic is arrogant. I never wanted to listen to an overblown american diva in the first place, when I discovered Morrissey for me. "Tip your hat to the yankee conqueror...you proud american son". It's over.
you posted the same stuff last night,the more you post wont change anyones mind.if you dont like it don't listen to or buy.

I don't wish to sound like a sychophant, but I really think this could make top 3 on the UK vinyl singles chart.
your just being honest,you like it and so do i.some people aren't honest they like it but to be contrary and hip they will say they don't like it.nothing is ever good enough these days.

Any reports of a radio debut yet? It will be interesting to see if there is an edited radio version.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom