"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no.....I hate to say it but....I don't like it. Its not catchy, its over produced, too much going on....I feel really guilty not liking it but....I just don't.

LUV IT !!!

VIVA MOZ !!!

:rock::thumb:

the groove made me think of Lover to be’ and for some reason Bill Withers ‘Use Me’. Of course with Thelma belting it out gave it that ‘Gimme Shelter’ vibe.
Love the sax and lead guitar, more please!

‘Little Joe never once gave it away..’ ;)

Cabaret singer and pianist Bobby Short?

“Although Short never publicly declared that he was gay, it was well known among his friends, fellow musicians, and even among some of his fans. When asked by a friend why he hadn't taken part in any of the gay pride marches of the 1970s and 1980s, Short's response was, "I have a living to make! I can't afford to march in the Gay Pride Parade."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Short

Probably not.

Please, please, please, don't let that be the album cover.

You know, it would be cool if Morrissey used Morrissey Central to get fans to create the cover for I'm Not A Dog On A Chain. The winner would also get a credit on the album. How f***ing cool would that be?
Because they would come back and sue for MO Z Money

Just listened twice & - whilst musically this doesn’t sound like anything Morrissey has done before - the lyrics are just bland & unimaginative; there’s simply not a single great line.

This seems to have become a common theme in recent years: the music is more interesting than the lyric; which really should never be the case for Morrissey.

Still, at least it’s a better first single than Spent The Day In Bed, which actually had awful lyrics.

Please, please, please, don't let that be the album cover.

You know, it would be cool if Morrissey used Morrissey Central to get fans to create the cover for I'm Not A Dog On A Chain. The winner would also get a credit on the album. How f***ing cool would that be?

Last time Morrissey used fan artwork for a record cover he didn’t credit them. Hmm. I wonder who that was...

Because they would come back and sue for MO Z Money

The terms of the competition would explicitly state that the winning entry becoming the album cover was the prize and that the winner would be credited on the album. The winner would also have to sign a document to show that they understand and agree to the terms.

“Mexican mud” is also slang for heroin, I believe. “White mosquito” too.

And obviously “snow” has drug connotations, as do “ice”, “shag”, “spike” and “blow”.

yep, these are all things that Morrissey can relate to. :paranoid: ;)

It seems that exposure to his nephew’s artistic output has had a negative effect on his own standards. That’s a pretty crappy cover.

Like it, the days of guitar based music seem to be gone for Moz,. and we will have to get used to synth/keyboard heavy melodys, but i like it.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom