"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
what dumpling on here said Thelma Houston doesn't have a good voice,good grief,the ear doctor will see you now.
song gets better upon repeated listens,for me it doesn't seem like a 5.46 song.

your just being honest,you like it and so do i.some people aren't honest they like it but to be contrary and hip they will say they don't like it.nothing is ever good enough these days.
Gordy, you want to muzzle critical voices now? Freedom of speech, him says.
https://uk.mporium.org/
Album / merch is up for preorder. Guess that's the final artwork then.
Absolutely low profile. No rainbow coloured or dog shit brown vinyl, ey?

Like much of California Son, it's so overly bombastic, ridiculous, hilariously camp and cheesy (sax solo and all) that I sorta love it. That's not at all what I (or anyone) first listened to Morrissey for, but at least he's embracing the melodramatic old queen that he's become. Though Thelma still beats him in that regard- "Lord have mercy for the man!"

Gordy, you want to muzzle critical voices now? Freedom of speech, him says.

Absolutely low profile. No rainbow coloured or dog shit brown vinyl, ey?
I see it all the time especially in film,even the fantastic 1917 had people criticizing it and if anyone has seen 1917 I struggle to see how you can give it any kind of criticism.

...It also continues the recent trend of Moz adlibbing seminonsense (like the "babies/rabies/scabies" part in Neal Cassidy).
Absolutely right. Sloganeering, doesn't suit him but became his trademark during the last couple of albums. Gone are the days of being a great wordsmith. He's trying to persuade the puplic by repeating phrases instead of telling witty & soulful stories.

Now it’s been established what the lyrics are about, I wondered which, if any famous bobby they are singing about??? Obviously some bobby with an addiction... bobby Kennedy perhaps, or bobby wormack ???
Bobby Crush

Is there any modern music you enjoy? Or just 80s and 90s stuff? Of course this doesn’t compare to the Morrissey of old and neither does it want to. It’s a fine 2020-song in its own right. I’m not likely to hear a better song released this year anytime soon.
Saying that in January is a bold and depressing statement. If this is the best song in 2020 then music is dead.

I noticed that Thelma is not mentioned as a collaborator on Spotify.

it's a bit meh. it doesn't seem like a progression from LIHS. Can't say I am keen on the backing vocal, the weird organ and then sax solos or that the lyric grabs me.

at least it's not racist or laments being called a racist, so thank the lord for small mercies

Saying that in January is a bold and depressing statement. If this is the best song in 2020 then music is dead.
What kind of people celeberate such a tuneless romp?
Every B-side from the 90s was better than this "single, including "Journalists who lie".
Chiccarelli has done nothing to improve the whole Morrissey sound.
The break in the middle is the only interesting part of this crap song.
I listend 3 times and have no desire to listen again.
That's shame concerning your once favourite artist.

It's the best sounding song that he's recorded in a long time...

Some of the posters on this board only serve to prove that the empty vessel makes the most noise.

music died a long time ago,if stabbsy is the new Mozart according to some hack after he played Glastonbury then our ears are f***ed for a long time to come.

What kind of people celeberate such a tuneless romp?
Every B-side from the 90s was better than this "single, including "Journalists who lie".
Chiccarelli has done nothing to improve the whole Morrissey sound.
The break in the middle is the only interesting part of this crap song.
I listend 3 times and have no desire to listen again.
That's shame concerning your once favourite artist.

There’s no talking to these people, their minds are set before they’ve heard it. It’s AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!! It didn’t matter if it was just sound effects of Moz farting on the toilet, it would’ve been a hit for Thewlis and his ilk. It’s just hard headed fanatical delusional, Thewlis showcased it perfectly by saying it’ll be the best song of 2020! Absolute crazy! :crazy:

It's now available to buy as a download on Amazon and lp for preorder
just bought it but cand find it on my laptop,need to contact derek akorah in the afterlife to see if he can find this ghost track.rip derek,incase any holier than thou twats on here complain about contacting the dead,

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom