Bob Dylan

Fulham Road Lights

Ill-adjusted
I think I've had a musical epiphany. I've been into Leonard Cohen for a while now, and a friend compared Dylan to him, saying Dylan was a better version etc. At the time I dismissed him (it is quite a superficial comparison to make between two very different artists). I even thought if I was going to get into another old singer-songwriter rooted in folk and poetry, Neil Young was the man for me, especially after I got After The Gold Rush and Rust Never Sleeps. But at the same time that I got that album, I got Highway 61 Revisited and Desire as well. For a few weeks I was consumed by the Young stuff, but not at all by the Dylan stuff. I don't know what made me reassess Dylan, but I ended up giving the two albums I had a good going over, and now I just can't stop listening to him at all. Songs that I would've just gone 'meh' to a couple of weeks ago suddenly seem like some of the best music ever written. Thankfully Youtube has a lot of album by album rips, and I bought Bringing It All Back Home and Blood On The Tracks the other day. So basically, this is my story of a burgeoning love for a truly iconic artist. Anyone else out there like him? Tell us your favourite albums etc.

Anything at all, and the more time goes on, the more I appreciate his music

The last I listened to was 'Modern Times' which I think is his most recent collection of new songs, and believe me, it's good. Check it out

Empire Burlesque is one of my favorites. Infidels is another.

All these are great.
Highway 61 Revisited
Another Side of Bob Dylan
The Freewheeling Bob Dylan
Bringing It All Back Home
Blood on the Tracks

Back
Top Bottom