BMG's Korda Marshall mentions Morrissey in question about taking risk

Not too unexpected or strange at all, but there is a brief Moz mention in Music Week from last month’s issue in an interview with Korda Marshall. (It’s behind a paywall, but a great family friend who works in music publishing was kind enough to screenshot it for me!)

42261_korda_marshall_musicweek.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The entire album is boring and overproduced. It's time for a long overdue change in personnel. He should record the next one live in studio with no overdubs. Keep it raw and real. If there is a next one.
The new album is really good, but judging by the recent live videos from Scotland, I wouldn't pay the admission fee, they look so flat

You're wrong there. It was a decent radio hit. More successful than any recent songs by the likes of U2, Paul Weller, Blondie etc, all of a vaguely similar generation to Morrissey. Even the singles off the last two hugely acclaimed Bowie albums didn't get close. The single was a pretty big success - the album was a critical failure (maybe his most panned to date), and has done commercially pretty badly so far but that can still change, although it is a little unlikely.
Unless you’re referring to remastered and reissues, I’m not sure what you’re on about, where Bowie is concerned.

Blackstar charted for 38 weeks, peaked at #1 and stayed there for 3 weeks. 6 weeks in the Top 10, 8 weeks in the Top 20 and 15 in the Top 40.

LIHS peaked at #5 and disappeared after 5 weeks.

Long overdue change in personnel? What? Half the album was written by new songwriters (one completely new, and one who had only written songs on World Peace). Like it or not, the Joe Chicarelli era is a musical complete break from the awful plodding pub rock we had to put up with from 1995 to 2013. The main change in personnel required is a decent lyricist. An album of covers may now be the only way forward...

I was obviously referring to Boz. He is the defacto "musical director" and responsible for managing the overall design of all the songs. It doesn't matter who wrote them. They are uninspired. Moz needs a songwriting partner not a bunch of wannabes offering up lackluster tracks for cash. Lyrics are a moot point. Nobody ever bought a song because the lyrics were great even though the music did nothing for them.

The entire album is boring and overproduced. It's time for a long overdue change in personnel. He should record the next one live in studio with no overdubs. Keep it raw and real. If there is a next one.

I was obviously referring to Boz. He is the defacto "musical director" and responsible for managing the overall design of all the songs. It doesn't matter who wrote them. They are uninspired. Moz needs a songwriting partner not a bunch of wannabes offering up lackluster tracks for cash. Lyrics are a moot point. Nobody ever bought a song because the lyrics were great even though the music did nothing for them.

Man, you sound like you really know what you're talking about. Better keep an eye out for your job, Korda Marshall!

Low In High School is ACE!!

Whatever. :cool:

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

'I wish you lonely
If only for one day
So that you might see routine for me
Since the day I was born, born
Think of yourself only
Of everything you demand
You want and you need
And to hell

To hell with everybody else, everybody else '

Whatever. :cool:

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

'I wish you lonely
If only for one day
So that you might see routine for me
Since the day I was born, born
Think of yourself only
Of everything you demand
You want and you need
And to hell

To hell with everybody else, everybody else '

See ya there.

iv been through the numbers with people on here before,they just wont accept that it sold well.

It seems that there are a lot of persons here who are by far better than Korda Marshall when it comes to knowing what is a good investment and what isn't...

They probably know more about chess than Kasparov too. You shouldn't discuss with such "experts". :crazy:

It seems that there are a lot of persons here who are by far better than Korda Marshall when it comes to knowing what is a good investment and what isn't...

They probably know more about chess than Kasparov too. You shouldn't discuss with such "experts". :crazy:
doesn't even make sense.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom