BMG's Korda Marshall mentions Morrissey in question about taking risk

Not too unexpected or strange at all, but there is a brief Moz mention in Music Week from last month’s issue in an interview with Korda Marshall. (It’s behind a paywall, but a great family friend who works in music publishing was kind enough to screenshot it for me!)

42261_korda_marshall_musicweek.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only the US matters? Not always true. Look at Kylie and Robbie Williams - two names most Americans have never heard of and they seem to be doing OK. And groups like James or Texas - again, hardly known in the US and have a big following outside the USA. Germany, France, UK, and Japan are all major markets where you can sell well without the support of the US.

Kylie and Robbie did very well in their day in the U.S.

James also did very well here.

It doesn't matter how well you do elsewhere all artists want to be big in the U.S. regardless. It's a pride thing. Ask Morrissey. We invented Rock & Roll and Hip Hop. The artists in other countries want to "make it" in the place it came from.

Comedy rule # 33 : Never repeat your 'jokes'.
Tell that to every comedian that tours.
Truth is I was the first to post on this thread, whenever a thread gets reposted on facebook the first picture on the thread is showcased with the story. That alone is worth a rehash.

Indeed you did - sadly you're also responsible for Billy Ray Cyrus, Kings of Leon, Bon Jovi, Tina Turner and all the other shittiest acts of all time.

You know them so well because they sit in your collection alongside all the other great American artists you love. Thanks for your support.

It doesn't matter how well you do elsewhere all artists want to be big in the U.S. regardless. It's a pride thing. Ask Morrissey. We invented Rock & Roll and Hip Hop. The artists in other countries want to "make it" in the place it came from.
Kylie and Robbie and James did well in the USA? What? Look at the charts, man. Kylie had two singles in the top 40, Robbie one, and James one. That is “very well”? Then you can say that Morrissey has done “very well” as well. Your argument is empty as it relates to the USA. Explain???

Kylie and Robbie and James did well in the USA? What? Look at the charts, man. Kylie had two singles in the top 40, Robbie one, and James one. That is “very well”? Then you can say that Morrissey has done “very well” as well. Your argument is empty as it relates to the USA. Explain???
Yes, that is very well.

Tell that to every comedian that tours.
Truth is I was the first to post on this thread, whenever a thread gets reposted on facebook the first picture on the thread is showcased with the story. That alone is worth a rehash.

Omg really, that is hilarious.

As I assumed. You can’t explain or expand upon your position. And in typical troll fashion, you just cut off the debate with a statement of empty words. You totally fit in with 50% of the folks on this site - a nonitelletcial simpleton.

Carry on then. Troll.

Your name is Morrissey_Sucks and you say I am a troll? Is this the Twilight Zone?

Its spelled intellectual. Simpleton. :lbf:

You invented Donald Trump, hip hop and MacDonalds!

Your name is Morrissey_Sucks and you say I am a troll? Is this the Twilight Zone?

Its spelled intellectual. Simpleton. :lbf:

English is not my first language. What is your excuse for your poor and vile communication skills?? Carry on! And thanks for the vile PM. Class act you!!

PS - I’ll be happy to communicate with you in German, Italian, or French, since me English skills are that of a simpleton.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom