BMG have decided against releasing 'It's Over' as a single - Morrissey Central

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoeSellMozza, Oct 1, 2019.

By JoeSellMozza on Oct 1, 2019 at 6:05 AM
  1. JoeSellMozza

JoeSellMozza Well-Known Member

Is it over with BMG?

1. October: BMG axed the It´s over single!

Update. - Morrissey Central

BMG have decided against releasing 'It's Over' as a single.

Morrissey has described BMG's decision as "heartbreaking."

Morrissey is presently on tour in the USA, and describes the audiences as "fantastic … and full of hope… at an urgent time when most modern music cannot provide one genuine insight."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JoeSellMozza, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Stephen Hofmann
      Stephen Hofmann
      What's wrong with more cash for the military? You do realize that at the current time, Switzerland could quite comfortable invade the UK with our meagre combined army.
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    2. Stephen Hofmann
      Stephen Hofmann
      Skinny=sheeple.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    3. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      Fuck what’s personal and nice for Morrissey, he needs to think about what the fans want, we’re the ones buying these records. And the last half-dozen singles have been embarrassing. No wonder they’ve gave him the chop, knocking out tacky single, after tacky single, and no ones arsed about them, they don’t chart, they don’t sell, radio stations don’t play his music. Why would anyone wanna waste money releasing his singles and pressing his records, when they don’t make a penny.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It will always be Morrissey's fault with you. Will you ever own your mistakes and move on? What exactly has he ever done to you?
      That fighting fascism lark is just an excuse. Your hatred of morrissey seems very personal and mentally unhealthy
      • Insightful Insightful x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      They don't make enough of them to make a big profit. That day is gone.
      They're for collectors. They promote the album. The money is made on the tours and merchandising and in that respect Morrissey does well.
      Personally I like to see Morrissey happy, he's one of my favourite artists. I ha ent seen any evidence that BMG have given him the chop and Peter Katsis seems to be in his corner.
      • Insightful Insightful x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      According to conservative estimates, hasn't he got over $30million in the bank? Didn't he turn down $12million to reform The Smiths? I know that you like to repetitively bang the 'only in it for the money drum'...but it doesn't really make sense.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Don't forget the threatened UK protest as well. That really seemed to unsettle him.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    8. Harsh Truth
      Harsh Truth
      It's time to move on from California Son. I'll admit a few of the songs have grown on me, but c'mon.... it's a throwaway. Let's let the marketing machine, such that it is, rest up a bit for the anticipated new original album coming next year.
      • Like Like x 3
    9. ACTON
      ACTON
      I hope this doesn't put Moz back into the wilderness of a no record deal. Cos he won't survive another lonely trek through the desert. There has to come a point where he says "screw this" and just sits back and enjoys his millions. The stamina needed for all that touring for years must be superhuman. Regardless of fan adoration or money.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    10. PuppetParrot
      PuppetParrot
      skinny>surface>benny the deadful butcher.
      posting within minutes of 'each' other
      from the same area
      same troll 'arguments'
      what a coincidence.

one troll many pseudonyms.
    11. Blue Flag
      Blue Flag
      You're a Corbyn supporter, aren't you ?
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I'm hoping one last UK tour next year, after that I would say it would be time to call it a day. Morrissey will be forever etched in the bygones of musical history, but time catches up with everyone. The latest shows in the US have looked somewhat flat, even though the voice still roars, the crowd doesn't seem to anymore. So yes, enjoy the royalties which have brought luxuries, the music will never die.
      • Like Like x 3
    13. Tom
      Tom
      If he would bother to shake up his set, ditch the covers and obscure, bland b-sides, and add some crowd pleasers, it would be an entirely different story. He can manhandle these crowds with his back catalog and throw them into a tizzy. He chooses not to. If he shook things up. he could endure for years to come on the road. But again, he chooses not to and will likely go out with a whimper.
      • Insightful Insightful x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    14. reelfountain
      reelfountain
      I'd say Morrissey sees a UK tour as 'unfinished business' that must at some point be done. He's a self-sabotager in certain respects, but he's also stubborn and likes to get his own way. It seems too easy to sit back and say "Fuck the UK, I can't be bothered with the hassle." Yes, there might be a bit of negative snowflakery on display and of course hateful press, but to many of us that has just become a part of modern daily life. Hearing your every opinion and belief trashed in the press and having to wade through protesting morons on the street who suck up everything they read. That's just life now. But it's nothing more than a background hum.
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side, Hairdresser On Fire, Girl Afraid, Morning Starship, I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, I Wish You Lonely, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Seasick, Yet Still Docked, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Jack The Ripper and How Soon Is Now? aren't crowd pleasers? What songs would you want?
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      :rolleyes:
      :rolleyes:
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      This is him going out on a whimper, its nonchalant of him not to play what everyone wants to hear and replace them with 70s cover versions. The voice still sounds great, but the whole atmosphere surrounding Moz is not what it used to be.
      • Like Like x 2
    18. Carlislebaz
      Carlislebaz
      I really agree with you here, it’s the same songs over and over. His shows could be barnstormers, as you say he chooses to drag the energy in the room right to the floor. Paris, twin, don’t like me, theses songs are no concert songs.. Even how soon, Sunday, suedehead, some of my faves, but I’ve seen them sung live soooo many times now. Very rarely does moz shake things up, as he likes to sing the songs he wants to sing...
      • Like Like x 3
    19. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      irish you left out the main one,bullshit.
    20. countthree
      countthree
      I'm sorry. There's so many crap music published on a daily basis that it's a shame this beautiful song with wonderful vocal and instrumental interpretations does not reach the business requirementes to be released as a single just like Morrissey desired. Maybe in the future. Who knows.
      • Like Like x 2