BMG have decided against releasing 'It's Over' as a single - Morrissey Central

Is it over with BMG?

1. October: BMG axed the It´s over single!

Update. - Morrissey Central

BMG have decided against releasing 'It's Over' as a single.

Morrissey has described BMG's decision as "heartbreaking."

Morrissey is presently on tour in the USA, and describes the audiences as "fantastic … and full of hope… at an urgent time when most modern music cannot provide one genuine insight."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
NO record company wants to be a part of this shit-show.

They don’t need to be sullied by the commentary of the Hovis type, Gordy-boys or Vegan Croats of this world, nor the abysmal record and $9 ticket sales.

Melvis has two choices. Self-fund (which will NEVER happen) or Kickstarter. He’ll raise enough for an EP - via Hovis and that felching lot. The Vegan Croat bitch will have to borrow from his mom to contribute.

Everyone still think the world wants to buy this rubbish? He did it to himself and I'm having a good laugh, watching the bowl enter it’s final swirl.

No dummies at BMG. They can see a train wreck before the conductor.

No point in releasing this single, 6 months after the release of CS. It’s just Moz putting the pressure on BMG by, on various instances, announcing a ‘new single’ without BMG’s consent. Very silly as no one needs another CS-single, and a new album coming up next year, which will now no doubt be jeopardized.

Agreed. Seems like an ideal time to start promoting the new album. How about a live debut of the leading single? (Hint hint Team Morrissey).

60%?
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics".

Yes, 60% is a lie alright, it underestimates how many fans have jumped ship. 25,000 bought high school in week 1. 8,000 bought California sun. That's nearer 70%. It was just week 1 but the difference between total sales to date will be similar. They both nosedived rapidly from the charts.

It will always be Morrissey's fault with you. Will you ever own your mistakes and move on? What exactly has he ever done to you?
That fighting fascism lark is just an excuse. Your hatred of morrissey seems very personal and mentally unhealthy
This is a Morrissey site, no? We’re not talking about “mistakes” that those who post here have made. ...are we?

We’re talking about the downward spiral of a once great artist.

Give your head a shake. You’ve let past greatness influence your response to the present. ANY and ALL comments on Morrissey should be welcome here.

Only a few lost, slug-minded twats are still embracing what once was and denying what IS.

Get a tiny clue.

This is a Morrissey site, no? We’re not talking about “mistakes” that those who post here have made. ...are we?

We’re talking about the downward spiral of a once great artist.

Give your head a shake. You’ve let past greatness influence your response to the present. ANY and ALL comments on Morrissey should be welcome here.

Only a few lost, slug-minded twats are still embracing what once was and denying what IS.

Get a tiny clue.
The mistakes those who post here make is in assuming this is a fan site.
It has degenerated into the same grudges being aired, the same dire predictions on every thread, even in the face of a phenomenal Broadway run, and a very successful US tour so far.
The vitriolic repetitive comments are so boring.

Get a tiny life.

Possibly a mixture of not getting a decent return from the last couple of albums and the current tour, if its a 360 deal with BMG.

In a 360 deal, a company typically provides support to an artist in more areas than covered by a traditional recording contract on the condition of receiving a percentage of revenue from these additional areas. The 360 deal reflects the fact that much of a musician's income now comes from sources other than recorded music, such as live performance and merchandise.

please keep up, Peter needs his bath drawn.

The mistakes those who post here make is in assuming this is a fan site.
It has degenerated into the same grudges being aired, the same dire predictions on every thread, even in the face of a phenomenal Broadway run, and a very successful US tour so far.
The vitriolic repetitive comments are so boring.

Get a tiny life.
^THIS f***ing clown? What are you on about? This isn’t a Morrissey fan site? It’s full of ball-washing slugs who lap up the shit he spews. What is it then, wee ‘un?

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side, Hairdresser On Fire, Girl Afraid, Morning Starship, I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, I Wish You Lonely, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Seasick, Yet Still Docked, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Jack The Ripper and How Soon Is Now? aren't crowd pleasers? What songs would you want?

All good songs, but all songs he's played to death in recent years (and personally I hate the current renditions of WDYFOFY and Seasick). But I should have said add MORE crowd pleasers. Those are not nearly enough.

I wonder if Morrissey was as "heartbroken" as I was when some years ago it became clear I had been supporting an alt-right, racist twat?

Anything that affects the cash rolling in will piss him off. Well done BMG. Well done also to the female protester. Free speech!

I wonder if Morrissey was as "heartbroken" as I was when some years ago it became clear I had been supporting an alt-right, racist twat?

Anything that affects the cash rolling in will piss him off. Well done BMG. Well done also to the female protester. Free speech!

Hmm Skiddy, still pushing those familiar lines [lies] to the uninterested...you never said you were 'heartbroken' all those years ago...how very touching, so now we know your back story. Poor Skiddy, heartbroken, so now seeks to take revenge. Awwww diddums!

On Psychology Today, what you're suffering from is listed as Takotsubo cardiomyopathy (broken-heart syndrome), but research shows that the only person who is hurt by revenge fantasies is the person who allows himself to continue to be dragged down by the past.

Interesting last line there, Skiddy.

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side, Hairdresser On Fire, Girl Afraid, Morning Starship, I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, I Wish You Lonely, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself, Seasick, Yet Still Docked, Everyday Is Like Sunday, Jack The Ripper and How Soon Is Now? aren't crowd pleasers? What songs would you want?
Crowd pleasers would be There Is A Light, Shoplifters, HSIN, This Charming Man, Girlfriend in a coma, Panic, Ask, Sunday, First of Gang, Irish Blood, Suedehead, Disappointed, Please please please, i know its over, spent the day in bed, last of the famous.
Or alternatively:
Sweetie Pie, intro to I'm Not A Man, my poor education, Roy's keen, journalists who lie, intermission of 30 mins, encore of Sorrow will come in the end

Seems a silly choice to cancel. If they made it an exclusive sold-at-gigs-only single, they could sell 2-3000 which is about 1000 more than they could ever hope to sell at retail shops.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom