Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz did no attack anyone ,he only described that he no longer works for BMG and that he is grateful to the label's working group and that they have other plans,and that he will do what he wants without impositions ,he laids his fundations ,he did not attack,without howeber ,many articles are appearing in this regard that are distorting their sayings ,they reach me on my cell phone and same are very sensational..
I want for the interview and cross my fingers so that the tongue that he has and that says many truths does not loosen , but it is convenient for him to be calm and not give anything to talk and if it would be good to surprise and say things that those who do not expect they want to see in the mud .
Come on MOZ!! YOUR FANS REALLY LOVE YOU ,HE IS ONLY FULL OF RATS..BUT FULL OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SEE YOU HAPPY
VIVA MOZ ,CON EL SIEMPRE !!!
Cayate imbecil stalker! Fuera! Fuera!

They were quite dandy, but I misremembered. 😉 They're not by the fireplace, but the cherub is.
Steve McQueen was also replaced by a mirror (@A Man Escaped make of that what you will).

View attachment 65689

Both the lion and the cherub featured in a 2004 GQ article which is probably the reason for my mix up. The pictures were taken by Terry Richardson at Sweetzer Avenue (long before the Supreme drama).

View attachment 65694

View attachment 65693
Wonder where that little staircase & archway at back of room lead to, interesting feature.

Oh but you should.
Well, I don't. I'm not cool enough I suppose.

I don't really listen to their new stuff (although I've heard that some of it is good) but I still give Boy or War or Achtung Baby or How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb the occasional spin.

How terribly unprofessional this Crew must be!
Do they even know how to play the freakin game!?!
Communication is key.. both ways. : ( Uggg
Any which Way,
Morrissey you will Write again
Morrissey you will Sing again
Morrissey you have more talent in one finger.
Morrissey you can play the game anywhere you are! Your soul is your vessel!

I just got the urge to say Go Dodgers!
Its the Lincoln heights in me.

: [

Im Sorry Morrissey I hope you get through this mighty fast.
Meanwhile, stay safe keep, use what you got to keep in touch with your Fans .. Me!; ) and keep sane.
These days are Madd .
Ill be looking for you any "safe"chance, that come up .

Best Wishes!!!

Truly
Marisela
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nonsense. They’re a far superior live band than anything Morrissey has had for at least 25 years. Will Seargent is a master of his craft. Ian still has a golden voice. ...and even if they’d stuck with “Echo” as their drummer, they’d still be miles ahead of anything Steve’s been able to string together recently.
I saw them on their 25th anniversary tour and they spent the entire gig hidden by swathes of dry ice, was a strange night as the sound was ok but they seemed kinda unenthusiastic about proceedings. Weird band and have always been a league below Morrissey.

Well, I don't. I'm not cool enough I suppose.

I don't really listen to their new stuff (although I've heard that some of it is good) but I still give Boy or War or Achtung Baby or How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb the occasional spin.

You mean you spin them like frisbees out of your window ?

You mean you spin them like frisbees out of your window ?
No Ket, I listen to the records and sit back and marvel at the excellent sound of War, for example. It's one of the most excellently produced albums of the 80s, in my opinion.

And its producer later went on to produce one of the most excellent albums of the 90s. 🙂

Full circle.

Will Morrissey Central announce Morrissey's next album will be released on Angel Records?

No Ket, I listen to the records and sit back and marvel at the excellent sound of War, for example. It's one of the most excellently produced albums of the 80s, in my opinion.

And its producer later went on to produce one of the most excellent albums of the 90s. 🙂

Full circle.
In that case I prefer ....

In that case I prefer ....

Well, I can have both.

But I rarely sit down struggling to make a decision between Siouxsie and Bono.
There are Siouxsie days and then there's the occasional U2 day.

I always think of The Book of Mormon when I think of Bono. With affection!

I am Africa!
Just like Bono! I am Africa!
I flew in here, and became one with
This land!

Well, I can have both.

But I rarely sit down struggling to make a decision between Siouxsie and Bono.
There are Siouxsie days and then there's the occasional U2 day.

Yes, unfortunately we all have our U2 days, but there’s pills for that you know. Ask your doctor.

I am Africa!
This land!

I think I read that he thought it was hilarious.
I think he's probably a nice chap, although I never cared too much about him personally.
I don't think many of his lyrics are great either. But I like his voice.

I am Africa!
This land!

Bono is so Africa.

Morrissey likes Elaine Stritch & is having to go through Showbiz HORROR - so I have an excuse to post another musical.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom