Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, I'm sure another misguided label will swoop in, pick Morrissey up and have him pumping out vital new material like "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" in no time.
You spelt ‘discerning’ wrong. But thank you.

Skinny is the Nazi because he wants to control people’s thoughts and writes off developing countries as unworthy
Impossible. Morrissey fans are devoid of individual thought. They’re cultists, at base. ...and I’ve never seen a post where he wrote off developing countries. Not England, or any of the others.

Don't worry, I'm sure another misguided label will swoop in, pick Morrissey up and have him pumping out vital new material like "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" in no time.

oh yeah!

mr marr will be plaesed,its a wonder he never played on it.least M still has his rock star dignity,marrs left by carrier pidgeon a while ago.
If “rock star dignity” consists of whining like a little bitch, you’re spot-on, rube.

This has all successfully given Morrissey some publicity for the fact that he needs a new label, but does this mean he is already working on new material?

morrissey does well,they moan.
morrissey gets dumped,they moan.
morrissey doesnt release his interview,they moan.
morrisseys non controversial interview comes out,they moan.

This has all successfully given Morrissey some publicity for the fact that he needs a new label, but does this mean he is already working on new material?

Morrissey is pleased to play the villain at this point. All he had to do was slip in the word diversity and it upset many. No one even stopped to think that it could have meant music diversity, they were simply triggered by the word.

Yes! His upcoming opus, “Swirling Down the Bowl” will be available as a free CD insert with the January issue of your subscription to Dumper’s Digest.

morrissey does well,they moan.
morrissey gets dumped,they moan.
morrissey doesnt release his interview,they moan.
morrisseys non controversial interview comes out,they moan.
Yes. Morrissey fans are a bunch of moaners and whiners.

i think hes always working on new material.

i think hes always working on new material.
Nah. He’s hoovering Kerrygold and vodka at the OAK. His membership isn’t up until January and he needs all the free perks he can get right now. His record label are trying to recoup their investment but he seems intent on doffing the cashmere and hovering around the charcuterie plates at locals who’ll still let him in the door.

...and your “thoughts” are not something that the cognitively sound take into consideration.

NEXT.

Morrissey is pleased to play the villain at this point. All he had to do was slip in the word diversity and it upset many. No one even stopped to think that it could have meant music diversity, they were simply triggered by the word.
If the people on the trigger are the ones buying the music, booking flights and tickets for Vegas, I suppose that’s all that matters - innit?

Self-sabotage has long been his forte. Come on....what’s new? Someone passed this onto me. I’ll admit it. I laughed when I saw it. “Laurence, do you think they know?”

Attachments

• 6B9C7B83-13BF-4549-A2B3-58D558DF6FAD.jpeg
    6B9C7B83-13BF-4549-A2B3-58D558DF6FAD.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 0
"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career,"
I think part of the problem is that no, they weren't. And whilst 'Dog' did indeed enter the charts at no. 3 on a Friday, by Monday it had sunk without trace, never to be seen again.
Never mind. Perhaps Infowars could start a record label?
As with the singles (pre-2006), Morrissey’s albums enter the chart high and subsequently plummet like lemmings. BMG saw this happening time and again. They’re in it to make money and sell product. They kept their side of the arrangement. Sales-wise, he didn’t. Is it any surprise they went “Sayonara, Steven” and dropped him like a bad habit?

Last edited:
As with the singles (pre-2006), Morrissey’s albums enter the chart high and subsequently plummet like lemmings. BMG saw this happening time and again. They’re in it to make money and sell product. They kept their side of the arrangement. Sales-wise, he didn’t. Is it any surprise tney went “Sayonara, Steven” and dropped him like a bad habit?
No, no surprise at all. What interests me is the question of which label would be willing to take on a low-selling singer with a public image problem? I suppose there are right-wing record labels but I can't imagine that any of them have enough capital behind them to satisfy Morrissey's lust for advances.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom