Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
It will take a lot of prayers.

!! Words right out of my mouth.

Was just thinking of saying the same thing! He is in my prayers ...

If this is the end, at least it's a decent album to go out on. It would suck if some shite like 'World Peace' or 'Low in High School' was Morrissey's farewell.

If anything's inaccurate I'd blame Valerie Pearson. :cool:
Misses Dodwell in disguise will surely deliver an investigative and sensational interview. Oh wait, it took our german Fräulein from "Der Spiegel" to get some more informations about his master's brain and views of the world in general.

Not really surprising. Morrissey is savvy enough to have read the runes after the stumbling around the release of the It’s Over single. An irony that would’ve been wasted on no one.

Misses Dodwell in disguise will surely deliver an investigative and sensational interview. Oh wait, it took our german Fräulein from "Der Spiegel" to get some more informations about his master's brain and views of the world in general.
The keyboard is just warming up by looks :)

Who knew that right-wing arsery didn't sell these days?

Bye bye Trump, bye bye Morrissey. You reap what you sow.

Maybe Stormfront Records would be interested.

And the last three albums the best of his career? They're not. They're chug-a-lug shite. Only the most cloth-eared brown-noser would say they're his best.

No labels. No recordings. Nothing. And whose fault is that? Who said all those things? Was it someone else?

Who was it who wrote "Then in the end your royalties bring you luxuries - oh but the squalor of the mind"?

Last edited:
Not really surprising. Morrissey is savvy enough to have read the runes after the stumbling around the release of the It’s Over single. An irony that would’ve been wasted on no one.
RUNE.JPG

And the last three albums the best of his career? They're not. They;re chug-a-lug shite. Only the most cloth-eared brown-noser would say they're his best.

No gigs. No labels. No recordings. Nothing. And whose fault is that? Who said all those things? Was it someone else?
Why be here then if you obviously hate him so much? Just another bitter ex-fan wanting to spread hate?

Pathetic.

I doubt you’ll reply, I can tell.

No, no, I have it on 'good' authority that it's all the fault of "pathetic, wishy washy, hand wringing, achingly earnest, right on woke virtue signalling from the metropolitan left wing liberal elite, pandering to the XR/BLM/Corbyn supporter types." Nothing to do with being an alt-right poster boy at all.

And the last three albums the best of his career? They're not. They're chug-a-lug shite. Only the most cloth-eared brown-noser would say they're his best.

No labels. No recordings. Nothing. And whose fault is that? Who said all those things? Was it someone else?

Who was it who wrote "Then in the end your royalties bring you luxuries - oh but the squalor of the mind"?
My god, you really are a textbook case.

Perfectly innocuous article in the NME.

Morrissey is so frustrating.

It would be so easy to sort his reputation out if he'd stop getting titanic about tiny things while setting himself on fire.

Or at least let someone put out the flames.

As ever:

0c649a17ec1e5f5ca340248b4ef4e4be.gif

Christ, you’d think it was the first time Morrissey hasn’t had a record contract.

i liked the bit about "diversity"

Why are there so many obvious Morrissey haters on here, bitter little wankers it seems, who relish in his downfall so much.

Are they the snowflake brigade of the 80s, so upset their bespectacled hero of 1984 is a different person now, & they just can’t let it go. Or do they just generally have no life?

Obviously if someone has been here, say 20 years, they must have invested a hell a lot of their life & time spewing hatred on here.

It’s quite sad & pathetic really, isn’t it.

Why not just leave or set up a Morrissey hate site somewhere else?

Ah, so that's the interview.

They did decide he was too difficult to deal with.

Defiance isn't going to help get him a new label, but at least he's not ready to die in a ditch yet.
Defiance is his middle name.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom