Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:
Last 3 albums were my best? Hardly...Viva Hate, Vauxhall and I and You are the quarry...

Best 3 albums I've made? Hardly....Viva Hate, Vauxhall and I, You are the quarry, Years of refusal are all better than the last 3 by far.

Best 3 albums I've made? Hardly....Viva Hate, Vauxhall and I, You are the quarry, Years of refusal are all better than the last 3 by far.
Point stands but seriously iffy examples there sport. Years of Refusal, but no Your Arsenal?

I've been thinking about the Central post in July that said that Visconti was working on "rebooting" Ringleader and if that work and money they already put into it could mean that the reissue still might see the light of day. Considering that BMG said they are "working with his team to ensure it [the back catalogue] gets the attention it deserves."

Last edited:
Maybe someone could shoot a message to Visconti and ask if any work had actually been done on this? If BGM have already financed the remix, then you think they'd still issue it to recoup some money. I guess it's possible that Visconti might have even done the work upfront (I'm presuming the guy has his own studio, or can work on the tracks at home) before actually getting paid. Always risky in relation to anything to do with Morrissey, but certainly a possibility.

The album was a big sales success for Morrissey at the time though, so I am still quite hopeful that it will eventually get released by someone.

Think just the fact of Visconti's involvement makes reasonable to speculate that (a) Morrissey isn't controlling the project (b) Morrissey's relationship with BMG broke down some time ago.

Think just the fact of Visconti's involvement makes reasonable to speculate that (a) Morrissey isn't controlling the project (b) Morrissey's relationship with BMG broke down some time ago.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that as well but then he did sort of reconcile with Street for the Viva Hate reissue.

Probably worth factoring in that some of the information being taken as definite on Central is probably more in the realms of wishful thinking on the poster's part or plain factually incorrect reporting/getting ahead of themselves. As evidenced by incorrect B-sides, wrong release dates, mock-up art work that was shown in lieu of actual product etc etc...
Regards,
FWD.

Can’t be bothered reading through 40-odd pages of replies: was he actually dumped or was his contract just not renewed?
Not renewed last year.
Regards,
FWD.

Nah. Cancelled. It’s finally, actually over. Melvis had run the record company gambit and left the music hall. Stay tuned for his upcoming “Poor Me Podcast”!
Oh, I know. Morrissey is a has been, bordering on a never was. When he's dead, people will change their minds and put him all over the radio. But he may as well be dead, given the interest in his ongoing contributions.

Should mention a terrible year for MOZ in life many thoughts about his year. BMG done well out of Moz made cash, so who cares about the cash cow record companies. Life is assured and the genius will return IN MOZ WE TRUST and the rest do as you wish and get a life. When the famous AND successful leave life as we know it we respect and value the worth to life they brought and the joy they brung to many.
But they didn't make money offa Moz, Blanche. That's kind of the point.

Only thing I don't like is the tone of I Bury The Living & Israel is a tad too bombastic.

Also - he really needed to include in the press release that he doesn't support the government of Israel, because that gave him yet more stinking press he didn't need or deserve.

Although, ironically, that bad press is now part of the story of 'left-wing racism'.

And he's also giving himself stinking press by allowing (or not knowing) that he's got a post with the headline BMG Dump Morrissey. WHO DOES THAT? :ahhh:
It's just called racism, bootlick.

Only thing I don't like is the tone of I Bury The Living & Israel is a tad too bombastic.

Also - he really needed to include in the press release that he doesn't support the government of Israel, because that gave him yet more stinking press he didn't need or deserve.

Although, ironically, that bad press is now part of the story of 'left-wing racism'.

And he's also giving himself stinking press by allowing (or not knowing) that he's got a post with the headline BMG Dump Morrissey. WHO DOES THAT? :ahhh:
Morrissey performs in apartheid Israel and has the keys to Tel-Aviv.
#StopFundingHate

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom