Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
BINGO! I replied to your bullshit. Have some balls, shooter. Meet me for a pint in February. We can talk about your Brexit experience and I can whip your pussy into shape with my “limpdick”.

...and in case nobody’s noticed yet, ^this rube is LOSING his panties. Lol!
Stephen has a big one. He was posting with pride about it only yesterday.

"back in the day"
He was the darling of the music press , he was invited on any platform he wanted to go on. He was played on radio one often - either on the peel show, Jenson show or day time radio , this notion he was never played on the radio is pure myth .
When people said he was " miserable and depressing " that was often just taking the piss . Lots of people liked him. Lots of people still like him. Hes just f***ed up .He isn't a "free thinker" like he was . He is just your typical uncle bigot at the bar, like millions of others

His last LP sold less than a third of the amount as the Low In High School .
It was after Low that he started his For Brit crap
"You do the math"
This response is contradictory . You state that Morrissey is no longer a ‘free thinker’ and yet you insult him as a ‘bigoted uncle at a bar’ for freely expressing some opinions. Morrissey has always made controversial statements. In the 80s he attacked the monarchy in interviews and in the 90s he wished Johnny Rogan death in a motorway pile up. He has always been outspoken and edgy.

Loving this site! The Brexiteers are in full force. Any of you lippy c***s wanna connect for a pint, while I’m in London? I’m there for three days in February, seeing friends and then heading to Austria for some proper mountain powder. Meet me for a pint. I’d be thrilled to hear how it’s working out for you lot. Shame you won’t be able to join me on the skiing trip. Lol!

I'm not a Brexiteer, but I'm usually flitting around with a Morrissey tote.

...and that says what about the state of music? NOTHING. All it says is that you look to the charts. You know NOTHING about what’s happening outside the mainstream. Same rule for the rest of the wishywashy c***s around here, who proudly proclaim, “Top-5” in Poland.

None of you have the foggiest about what’s happening outside your fart-filled bubble.

Fak Arf.
Aside from your use of gratuitous invective and foul language, this post makes unfounded assumptions about my musical knowledge. I have a huge cd and vinyl collection which spans many genres.

Aside from your use of gratuitous invective and foul language, this post makes unfounded assumptions about my musical knowledge. I have a huge cd and vinyl collection which spans many genres.
Whilst your attempt at a temperance based comeback is amusing, the notion that you’re a broadly based musical fan, with a “huge” collection is laughable. You wouldn’t be here, apologizing for and propping up garbage, if you did. Pics and lists, or it’s just more of your bullshit. ;)

Moz did no attack anyone ,he only described that he no longer works for BMG and that he is grateful to the label's working group and that they have other plans,and that he will do what he wants without impositions ,he laids his fundations ,he did not attack,without howeber ,many articles are appearing in this regard that are distorting their sayings ,they reach me on my cell phone and same are very sensational..
I want for the interview and cross my fingers so that the tongue that he has and that says many truths does not loosen , but it is convenient for him to be calm and not give anything to talk and if it would be good to surprise and say things that those who do not expect they want to see in the mud .
Come on MOZ!! YOUR FANS REALLY LOVE YOU ,HE IS ONLY FULL OF RATS..BUT FULL OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SEE YOU HAPPY
VIVA MOZ ,CON EL SIEMPRE !!!

Name your top 5 favourite vinyl records in your “huge” collection. I’d ask for 10 but - since we all know you’re full of shit, 5 should be plenty for a laugh.

Moz did no attack anyone ,he only described that he no longer works for BMG and that he is grateful to the label's working group and that they have other plans,and that he will do what he wants without impositions ,he laids his fundations ,he did not attack,without howeber ,many articles are appearing in this regard that are distorting their sayings ,they reach me on my cell phone and same are very sensational..
I want for the interview and cross my fingers so that the tongue that he has and that says many truths does not loosen , but it is convenient for him to be calm and not give anything to talk and if it would be good to surprise and say things that those who do not expect they want to see in the mud .
Come on MOZ!! YOUR FANS REALLY LOVE YOU ,HE IS ONLY FULL OF RATS..BUT FULL OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SEE YOU HAPPY
VIVA MOZ ,CON EL SIEMPRE !!!
Bless your lost, little soul.

Name your top 5 favourite vinyl records in your “huge” collection. I’d ask for 10 but - since we all know you’re full of shit, 5 should be plenty for a laugh.
1) ‘Hunky Dory’ David Bowie
2) ‘The World Won’t Listen’ The Smiths
3) ‘Caravan Tonight’ Stephen Grossman
4) ‘Liege and Lief’ Fairport Convention
5) ‘Five Leaves Left’ Nick Drake

Whilst your attempt at a temperance based comeback is amusing, the notion that you’re a broadly based musical fan, with a “huge” collection is laughable. You wouldn’t be here, apologizing for and propping up garbage, if you did. Pics and lists, or it’s just more of your bullshit. ;)
Morrissey’s canon is not ‘garbage’. I have defended ‘I Am not a Dog on a Chain’ because as a number three album it was a hit album, whether sales were lower than his previous album of originals or not. Musically it was more diverse and melodic than ‘Low in High School’ although I admit that the lyrics were not his best. Also I would add that ‘California Son’ sold well, despite being a covers album and despite the media controversy over Morrissey’s views.

I have a broad musical taste and do not just listen to Morrissey and the Smiths. I can appreciate jazz (Chet Baker, Miles Davis etc), classical as well as folk.

I have a broad musical taste and do not just listen to Morrissey and the Smiths. I can appreciate jazz (Chet Baker, Miles Davis etc), classical as well as folk.
I think this Melvis imposter, his fave vinyl would be white lines by grandmaster flash

Anyone heard that Morrissey has already agreed terms with Angel Records?

BINGO! I replied to your bullshit. Have some balls, shooter. Meet me for a pint in February. We can talk about your Brexit experience and I can whip your pussy into shape with my “limpdick”.

...and in case nobody’s noticed yet, ^this rube is LOSING his panties. Lol!
I don't think anybody has noticed, because he isn't. And can you explain how we can't leave the country after Brexit? Other than because of lockdown?

Actually, don't, it'll just be more shite.

BMG can dump me
Masuch can throw me off a train
I still maintain
I still maintain
Life, life is a pigsty
Life is a pigsty

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom