"Blue Dreamers Eyes" - lost studio track posted on YouTube (via SER)

The new Alfbutton( Moz? Skinny as Moz?) Blue Rose parody has suddenly been put on hold.:seenoevil:
Coincidence? Or recent developments (the SG23 situation) require changes in script and style.:crystalball:

BLUE ROSE says YES Moz is the Blue Rose Society, he is the Christian Rosenkreuz of the BR. Skinny says no that Simon, in his insanity, is the creator of the what he considers a Fantastic Cult of Moz.
But, on the other hand, Skinny claims access to my secret literature blog.:rolleyes:

All those other blogs may or may not be associated with the Simon from the BR or Skinny or one of his sock puppets.
I dont think it would be a surprise to find out that Skinny is behind MorrisseysWorld.:straightface:
Is Morrissey's World still going?

What are the recent developments in the G23 situation?

Wow you have your own secret literature blog! :thumb:

I have always wondered who Rat or Ratty is who writes the "Following the Mozziah" blog. I think that it is a great blog.

Just to add, this song is fabulous more I listen to it, its very emotional considering the hate pumped out by the Guardian, Dave Haslam and other bullshit people like Tim Booth. I back Moz 100%, and hopefully he plays Manchester on his 60th Birthday, any opposition off Dave Haslam must be met head on, bloke needs a good hiding in my opinion, hijacking other peoples events for publicity, he's a useless piece of shit, how dare he insult someone who has more talent in their little finger, f***ing wanker.

Been meaning to say for awhile that this track is gorgeous. probably alityttle out of place for Low in High School much in the same way that the Mikey Farrell version of 'Sweetie Pie' didn't fit in with the other Tormentor era tracks. I wish the music company had just popped that out as a single only. Had he not had all the bad press lately this probably would've got a decent amount of radio play.

I don't believe that Morrissey bullied Craig Gannon at all. Morrissey isn't the type of person who would bully people. Morrissey was in fact bullied himself when he was at school mainly by the teachers. Morrissey is sensitive, gentle and kind. Morrissey sang "It takes guts to be gentle and kind"! Craig Gannon actually worked with Morrissey for a while after The Smiths split up he wouldn't of done that if Morrissey had bullied him! The truth is it is Craig Gannon who betrayed Morrissey. Craig Gannon was the catalyst for the court case back in 1996 with Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke versus Morrissey. If you read Morrissey's book "Autobiography" he explains more about that.

If you look at Craig Gannon's surname 'Gannon' it sounds a bit like the word 'gammon' it is just a play on words. This was way before the word 'gammon' was used as an insult to imply a white, middle-aged man was a racist or xenophobic. Also Craig Gannon wasn't middle-aged at that time he was a young man. Do you know if Craig Gannon is a vegetarian?

Gammon is a pejorative term used in British political culture only since around 2012. This year 2018 it became particularly known as a term to describe older white men, especially those who are particularly patriotic or support Brexit, who appear pink-faced when emotional. The term is a comparison of their skin colour to the cut of quick-cured pork leg.

I don't like Tim Burgess or his band 'The Charlatans'. I think that Tim Burgess is really horrible for insulting Morrissey. I don't like Tim Booth or his band 'James' either. Tim Booth is really nasty and ungrateful. Tim Booth owes his whole, entire career to Morrissey yet he shows no gratitude towards Morrissey. Also Morrissey is way better looking than both Tim Burgess and Tim Booth.
Oh, it's not about what you believe or not as it was confirmed in no uncertain terms back then. I read it in an interview. The other band members felt he went too far and it caused friction.
Moz just felt his name was funny and even found it irritating.

The new Alfbutton( Moz? Skinny as Moz?) Blue Rose parody has suddenly been put on hold.:seenoevil:
Coincidence? Or recent developments (the SG23 situation) require changes in script and style.:crystalball:
Vegan Cro Spirit your posts are always so great. You know so much. You are a true Morrissey fan. :thumb:

I can't find a Blue Rose but I found a Red Rose. :rose:

I also associate the Yellow Daffodil flower and Gladioli flower with Morrissey as well as the Blue Rose.

Just to add, this song is fabulous more I listen to it, its very emotional considering the hate pumped out by the Guardian, Dave Haslam and other bullshit people like Tim Booth. I back Moz 100%, and hopefully he plays Manchester on his 60th Birthday, any opposition off Dave Haslam must be met head on, bloke needs a good hiding in my opinion, hijacking other peoples events for publicity, he's a useless piece of shit, how dare he insult someone who has more talent in their little finger, f***ing wanker.
You have to accept that people coattail ride Morrissey. Especially when they have basically failed and are now skint pensioners. Almost understandable. Oh and Blue Dreamers Eyes is a dream song. To anyone else it would have been an outstanding single release.

What a fun tune. Didn’t listen to it when it first surfaced, couldn’t be arsed with another disappointment after World Peace & Low In High School, but what a nice surprise. Most easy listening & repeatable Moz tune I’ve heard in a longggg time!

Oh, it's not about what you believe or not as it was confirmed in no uncertain terms back then. I read it in an interview. The other band members felt he went too far and it caused friction.
Moz just felt his name was funny and even found it irritating.

It was Johnny who had friction with Gannon, was it not, rather than Morrissey? I remember Gannon saying that Johnny seemed to look down on him and called him 'disgusting' for eating a bacon sandwich. Gannon felt the Smiths were an exclusive club and not welcoming to outsiders.

Just the song Moz needs to get out, great lyrics and strong vocal go on the abusers, Moz will be back and hope the idiot from madchester can't say his name relishes his success NOT. TRUE ICON OF MUSIC

o_O ...When 76 year-old men discuss your love life as if you weren't there anymore, there seems to be little point in a resurrection, really.

Let's be realistic, nobody would notice. Except Seymour, who might claim then someone's coming back to get :guardsman:.

:ghost:... -Nah, frankly, I wouldn't bother.

Speaking of death, is it normal that that song started decomposing before it even ended? :squiffy:

(It's not a virus in my tab, Roy's "In the real world" doesn't do that. Sounds as beautiful as the day it was born...)

Did sensitive lil Sammy cry a lot at that song's funeral? Did he really have to share his grief? Was he hoping for condolences? Has he got a strange illness that explains his total absence of taste?

He's a mystery to me.

:cool:

I agree with this. Keep the title, and the tune, and rework the lyrics. I have been scum and I will always be scum...explosive kegs between my legs inspire a similar twinge. It's just that he set the bar so high lyrically that this just falls short. Anyway, he appears to be in good spirits so that is nice to see.

My only issue with explosive kegs between my legs is that it's far too amusing for such an emotional song.

Anyway, I personally love the "I am scum and I've always been scum/ That's just the way it's gone" lines. I see it as Morrissey accepting himself and his personality, because he knows he can't change who he is: I'm awful, but I can't help it because that's just how I am. It's terribly reflective and I think it's lovely.

An important thing to point out is that he never said, "I will always be scum", which leaves the door open for self-improvement.
"You listed all the things/ That you think are wrong with me/I just wish you'd stayed around to help me put them right/Because I've tried"

By the way, if there's anything in the song that's a bit awkward, it's the "hands on your belly" line.

My only issue with explosive kegs between my legs is that it's far too amusing for such an emotional song.

Anyway, I personally love the "I am scum and I've always been scum/ That's just the way it's gone" lines. I see it as Morrissey accepting himself and his personality, because he knows he can't change who he is: I'm awful, but I can't help it because that's just how I am. It's terribly reflective and I think it's lovely.

An important thing to point out is that he never said, "I will always be scum", which leaves the door open for self-improvement.
"You listed all the things/ That you think are wrong with me/I just wish you'd stayed around to help me put them right/Because I've tried"

By the way, if there's anything in the song that's a bit awkward, it's the "hands on your belly" line.

I like when he throws the humorous line in a serious song like with home is a ? It feels like that wrap your legs around my face just comes out and of nowhere and hits me in the face and it alwas aye makes me laugh. I didn’t really think that morrissey was referring g to himself as scum because he thought so but rather that he is and always was declared Scum. It’s a great song and the line about the list of wrongs makes me think of something is squeezing my skull with it’s line about straighting myself out thank you drop dead. I wonder what else is in the tank myself. If this and by the time we’re hiding from us I wonder what else is hiding

I don't think he means he's scum. He wants you to think he knows he's scum, but he doesn't, he's just repeating what people said to him. He's playing the mock honesty card and frankly I'm amazed some people are still falling for that. On such a poor almost non existent song to boot.
He doesn't want to improve, anyway. Your thinking that this all means he wishes someone had stayed around to help him, or that he tried, is just wishful thinking I'm afraid.

The hands on your belly line could mean a few things: indigestion, pregnancy, or the person in question laughing very hard because he's dead.

Take your pick. I know my favourite. Not that I approve of having fun in cemeteries...but hey. If it can't be helped. Could be just nerves, you know.:rolleyes:

That's assuming the "you" will bother making the trip. Depends on the cheque I guess.

I didn’t really think that morrissey was referring g to himself as scum because he thought so but rather that he is and always was declared Scum.

That interpretation makes sense as well and I see where you get it from.
It’s all about what you associate the line with. I mean, is you associate the line, “I am scum and I’ve always been scum” with “I’ve failed and failed, jumped up again and failed again” it seems like he’s calling himself scum.However if you associate the scum line with “I’ve done and I’ve been undone”, it seems like he’s mimicking the press.
Of course it’s open to multiple interpretations and only Moz knows the true intent, so we can only speculate. Maybe it means both! God knows.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom