"Blue Dreamers Eyes" - lost studio track posted on YouTube (via SER)

Didn't enjoy it as much as By the Time that Sam dropped a few months ago. Far more intrigued by all the great footage that was in this video. Didn't realize Sam had as much as he did. Looked like quite a few gigs

I wonder when this is from. He hits some very Roy Orbison-esque notes at the mention of the title. It's more listenable than a lot of recent work, though the strings are more saccharine than I usually enjoy.

As for the video, it's a nice bit of attempted and calculated damage control. He should have just declared it his brand new single, given the lyrics and video, and maybe he'd get a little press out of it.

‘Lost’ for a reason perhaps?;);)
Not awful, but I don’t think it adds too much to the back catalogue, though more listens perhaps will do wonders..
Must admit when I heard the word “muslim” i thought “oh god here we go” had to relisten 4 or 5 times and then learnwhat a shroud before calming down!!!
As others say, a bit Roy Orbison 50s ballady, some quite nice bits, his singing on the first chorus in particular and the line “I’m scum and I’ve always been scum”
Some decent footage from Sam, looks a bit hobbled together and I know he posted on FB earlier he was just finishing it.
Think with a bit of work both the track and video could have been a bit more professional.
Wonder if any of the fan footage at the UK dates will get a look in at some point?

Its also great to see some action on this forum actually surrounding Morrissey and his art, though I’m sure in time it will descend in political blabbering soon enough...

Last edited:
snip...
Wonder if any of the fan footage at the UK dates will get a look in at some point?
SER showed clips & teasers of some of this year's UK gigs in the process of being edited (many in fact).
Nothing has been forthcoming since then unfortunately.
Regards,
FWD.

SER showed clips & teasers of some of this year's UK gigs in the process of being edited (many in fact).
Nothing has been forthcoming since then unfortunately.
Regards,
FWD.

Yes i recall, I was excited as Leeds (a gig I attended) was supposedly filmed extensively before and during the gig, I actually stood near Sam as he was filming, perhaps he saw me in the footage and decided not to bother!

Oh look, how can Steve possibly be a racist nasty piece of work ? Just look at all the different shades of skin in Shams cobbled together vid.
Desperate times.:rolleyes:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

It sounds like Morrissey was getting a feel for the vocal line on this one, like McCartney with his 'marmalade' before he had the lyrics to Yesterday. Funnily enough, I don't think he's brilliant at expressing himself unless he has the right music. If he'd polished this one up it could have been very good, it is the kernel of a good song and all the ingredients are there. I don't think it was ever meant to be more than a rough demo though.

I wonder when this is from. He hits some very Roy Orbison-esque notes at the mention of the title.
I could be mistaken (and happy to acknowledge it if so) but I think Moz has only used a real string section three times - Ringleader sessions, Interlude and Viva Hate sessions. Possibly also Never Played Symphonies, but I think that is just one layered violin. So, unless strings were hired just for this, it must be from one of those sessions. Because of the vocal style I think it has to be Ringleader (a bit Roy Orbison at the end, as you say, like In the Future...), although it's a bit surprising that there are songs that made it to the album with synthesised strings, yet they used the real thing for this (?).

I don't think it was ever meant to be more than a rough demo though.
But it has strings!

‘Lost’ for a reason perhaps?;);)
Not awful, but I don’t think it adds too much to the back catalogue, though more listens perhaps will do wonders..
Must admit when I heard the word “muslim” i thought “oh god here we go” had to relisten 4 or 5 times and then learnwhat a shroud before calming down!!!
As others say, a bit Roy Orbison 50s ballady, some quite nice bits, his singing on the first chorus in particular and the line “I’m scum and I’ve always been scum”
Some decent footage from Sam, looks a bit hobbled together and I know he posted on FB earlier he was just finishing it.
Think with a bit of work both the track and video could have been a bit more professional.

Its also great to see some action on this forum actually surrounding Morrissey and his art, though I’m sure in time it will descend in political blabbering soon enough...
It's Muslin. A light fabric. I did a double take too.

I could be mistaken (and happy to acknowledge it if so) but I think Moz has only used a real string section three times - Ringleader sessions, Interlude and Viva Hate sessions. Possibly also Never Played Symphonies, but I think that is just one layered violin. So, unless strings were hired just for this, it must be from one of those sessions. Because of the vocal style I think it has to be Ringleader (a bit Roy Orbison at the end, as you say, like In the Future...), although it's a bit surprising that there are songs that made it to the album with synthesised strings, yet they used the real thing for this (?).

But it has strings!

Yep, mistaken! There was actually a string section on Low in High School. They're on about 3 songs possibly including When You Open Your Legs in Bed. I was v excited as I love string arrangements but they're low in the mix, or maybe the awful lyrics just stop you appreciating them. So I expect this is from the LIHS sessions. It seems to have the blunt gormless lyrics we tend to get these days, although not quite as bad as many other recent songs. I recognise the song title. Think it was on a list (of 7 or 8 other new songs) that was leaked a few months ago.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom