Blog on Morrissey's Funny Videos

G

goinghome

Chris Cummins posted on 1st July:

- With the release of each new Morrissey album comes tired commentary from lazy journalists about how the ex-Smiths frontman is the "maestro of miserablism" and "the Pope of mope." Nonsense. Anyone who has spent even a little bit of time listening to Morrissey's music can tell you that his lyrics are crammed with wit and subtle humor that is often misunderstood.

Although his public image may be that of a fragile recluse lounging around a castle somewhere with a kettle on and a copy of Byron within arms reach, this isn't really accurate. (Although his frustrating tendency to cancel concerts due to exhaustion doesn't help dispel these misconceptions.) It's true that Morrissey's lyrics often have a contemplative edge that can be interpreted as depressing, but there's more to him than the sad sack persona that cliché-pushing music writers keep going on about.

Believe or not, Moz can actually be funny. If the gallows humor in songs like Girlfriend in a Coma or That's How People Grow Up somehow passed you by, check out some of his music videos. These promo clips are often packed with hilarious moments. Sure, some of these laughs may be unintentional, but funny is funny, right? Let's take a look at which Morrissey videos bring the lolz: -
Click here for the rest:
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ing-morrisseys-funniest-music-video-moments/1

I don't know if it's worth creating a seperate thread, but there's a link to a Morrissey Ouija board, emblazoned with "One day goodbye will be farewell"!

My Nan's always told me not to mess with the things...

Back
Top Bottom