Blackpool - Opera House (Sep. 28, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / I Am Veronica / Frankly, Mr Shankly / My Hurling Days / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Kerouac's Crack (live debut) / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @Janice .

Last edited:
Who was the "she?"
no idea but stood with the guy who got the shirt at the end.
Don't really think venue should have let people who got there early stand at front when it was seated tickets and different prices - i may as well have just bought the cheapest

no idea but stood with the guy who got the shirt at the end.
Don't really think venue should have let people who got there early stand at front when it was seated tickets and different prices - i may as well have just bought the cheapest
So I don’t know if you’ve been to many Morrissey shows in the past, but he has his “list” of hand-picked fans who attend almost every show he plays no matter where, and they get let into the venue before anyone else, no matter if the show is standing or seated, to be on the front.

Whether it’s fair or not, is a matter of opinion, depending on whom you speak to, but be aware that even for seated shows, if you have front tickets you need to be there when the doors open, and the “guests” and anyone else in a pit or the first couple rows will be able to stand at the front, immediately.

So I don’t know if you’ve been to many Morrissey shows in the past, but he has his “list” of hand-picked fans who attend almost every show he plays no matter where, and they get let into the venue before anyone else, no matter if the show is standing or seated, to be on the front.

Whether it’s fair or not, is a matter of opinion, depending on whom you speak to, but be aware that even for seated shows, if you have front tickets you need to be there when the doors open, and the “guests” and anyone else in a pit or the first couple rows will be able to stand at the front, immediately.
But if you have an interest in finding out what PETA, for example, has to say at their table, before entering the concert hall, you won't make it to the front anyway.
The list people, from what I have witnessed, represent the idea that being on the front is more important than animal welfare. If you want to be close to the man, you have to ignore the protection of animals.
It's hard for me to accept that M seems to be fine with that.

Animal advocates will never make it to the front row in an M concert. M doesn't seem to care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine being so mindlessly gullible that you'd pay actual hundreds of pounds for something solely because it's got another person's signature written on it.

This may sound terribly naive but, the list?Are you saying that there are people getting the best seats because they are on a "list"?Seriously?

This may sound terribly naive but, the list?Are you saying that there are people getting the best seats because they are on a "list"?Seriously?
Not as I've witnessed it for standing gigs.
Generally, it's the first x amount of people that were queuing at stupid o'clock - who have their names written down to ensure they get front standing for making an effort.
I don't believe paying seated customers in Vegas were stood up and swapped with 'hardcore' fans. The clique would like you to believe such things, but it doesn't really happen as described .
Regards,
FWD.

Oh, most definitely. They are on Morrissey’s personal guest list, permanently, for any show that they go to. It’s been that way for at least the last 10 years or so. The number of people usually fluctuates because not everyone goes to every show, but I think it was about 12-14 people?

Generally, it's the first x amount of people that were queuing at stupid o'clock - who have their names written down to ensure they get front standing for making an effort.
I don't believe paying seated customers in Vegas were stood up and swapped with 'hardcore' fans. The clique would like you to believe such things, but it doesn't really happen as described .
Regards,
FWD.
Different list entirely. We’re talking about the people on Morrissey’s list of fans that get in to every venue early, before anyone else, regardless or seated or standing.

The person asking was actually talking about:

"Are you saying that there are people getting the best seats because they are on a "list"?Seriously?"

Which isn't affected by anyone in an arena early really.
FWD.

so the "crack" in the lyrics is all arse-related then? doesn't sound too exciting, does it?
Spent, if everybody was excited by the things that excite Morrissey, there'd be no more babies on earth.

He may be on a mission to convert straight guys with silly songs about bum cracks.
I could tell how eager he is by listening. But I ain't gonna.

He should write a song about sniffing butts. Now THAT is song-worthy.

could they not just get the promoter to save the first row of tickets for these fans instead of them taking other peoples seats.

Regards,
FWD.
5am for Doncaster

Morrissey Illuminates Blackpool

Whenever I have been guest listed, I am given a bracelet, then I am kind of on my own, I don't get a seat ,but I can stand wherever because I am wearing the bracelet and can show it to staff if they ask me to move. I do get in earlier but I don't take anyone's seat.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom