Blackpool - Opera House (Sep. 28, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / I Am Veronica / Frankly, Mr Shankly / My Hurling Days / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Kerouac's Crack (live debut) / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @Janice .

Last edited:
I have to say that last night was one on my best Morrissey concerts ever.
I haven’t been a fan of his new stuff.
But when I heard them live, I’ve changed some of my views.

Mozz was on fire last night.
Full stop.
75% crooner 25% stand up comic.

Benny take note son🤪

From the new stuff to the olde stuff,
Sheer class.
We , the audience lapped it all up
Of course. And he played us like a fiddle.

First of the gang was Epic,
The loop, Jack, and the new jack song was sooo, catchy.
Sunday was spoiled slightly with the Quando, crap.
How soon is now is such a Banger to start with.
Morrissey’s movement has now been set into 4th gear from the off,
And about time as well.
The stage invasion just added to all the drama.
A perfect end to a Morrissey gig.
Have to agree...was in Killarney and really was one of the best Moz gigs I was at for a while which goes way back to his 1st National stadium gig in Dublin...I think these mid sized venues suit him much better then the arenas which can get soulless with a lot of people just looking for a night out rather than real fans. I would say it's down to the setlist but 4-5 songs from an unheard album is unusual....he seems in a good place which transmitted to the crowd. Enjoy all who are going over the coming months....would love to go again.

0_morrissey.jpg

Morrissey ushered off Blackpool stage after unruly fans invade.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Blackpool Winter Gardens said: "Morrissey’s sell out appearance in Blackpool joins an incredible roster of legendary musicians that have performed in the venue and delighted the capacity crowd. His dedicated and adoring fan base gave Morrissey a deserving ovation at the finale with a handful getting over excited for what was a truly memorable night

"The reaction was anticipated by the artist's management and security was positioned appropriately to ensure the safety of all patrons, artists and crew."

Watch Morrisey debut ‘Kerouac’s Crack’ in Blackpool

FWD.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220930-001254.png

Screenshot_20220930-001648.png

All together now... 👏
FWD.

(post will repeat in Strange thread where OP was originally posted).

baby j's Our Frank video is great. The way he grins at the bottle of champagne is perfectly captured. And for the pulling-down-pants bit... Well he's had it worse.

Thank you for the reply. Yeh, he has also been threatening to retire for around the same amount of time, lol. I think he likely will, but it's a scary thought that crosses your mind as a ferocious overthinker.

The way my luck has been going he will retire, and I'll never get to see him perform live, and that would kill me.

Don't really care about seeing anyone else.
Now that's the type of rosy cheeked optimism we love to hear from Morrissey fans. Onward and downwards ;)

I’ve met him many times, lost count. It’s always been wonderful, like a good friend, no strangeness. I’ve never been impressed at all by fame or celebrity.

Sorry your experiences didn’t go as well.
They went fine, but I've no need to pay any money at all for him to scribble on anything. Those that do...well...that's been covered already.

I have to say Blackpool was in my all time favourite Moz gigs. Just brilliant all round.
I've got London & Brighton to look forward to next!

The front row shouldn't be reserved for people who have 'paid through the nose'. Far better atmosphere for Morrissey to have some passionate ordinary fans down the front, rather than a bunch of rich toffs sat in their seats lording it over

Well tell him to make the gigs free then. Problem sorted, Genius.
Same for the sh@t t.shirts, if people are fighting over them
-oh wait: they aren't.

....he seems in a good place
Yes...Well that must be because the world and anything that lives in it is ending.

they sold out the other night and i would imagine they will sell out tonight.
sold out in about 10 mins! - I got my hands on one - I was told by the merch staff that he had signed them just 10 mins before I bought mine - and there were quite a few people waiting to buy them when they sold out .

First thing I thought was ‘Let England Shake’ PJ Harvey….

Can’t blame him because I find myself yearning for it too. I miss the little old dears with their corner shops etc etc grumble grumble
in this case "anymore" would encompass appr. 10 years or so. What has happened in these 10 years so that nobody sings about Britain anymore?
I first thought it was one of his nostalgic regrets about the 60s being gone forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
So not only were you lucky enough to witness Jacks Crack.......
so the "crack" in the lyrics is all arse-related then? doesn't sound too exciting, does it? even though i have noticed that some men his age develop a special interest in naked butts, young and old, male and female, going so far as to frame them and putting them up the wall...
Great show there in Blackpool.

in this case "anymore" would encompass appr. 10 years or so. What has happened in these 10 years so that nobody sings about Britain anymore?
I first thought it was one of his nostalgic regrets about the 60s being gone forever.
Michael Palin said in a recent interview he's noticed a new caution about discussing tradition in that when he previously travelled, he took for granted that as someone from the highest form of civilisation, whether nice or awful to those colonised, he would be okay, born along by the empire spirit, which covered up some dreadful things. "It is all changing now and we are questioning all our attitudes."

Except that the people Morrissey likes are those you could say were domestically colonised, usually working-class folk who through force of character prevailed in their communities or, open-eyed, dared to step out of their destined places and made it through art. Interest in these social or dramatic scenes might vary, like fashion, although apparently digital technology is luring many of us to give up remembering, on our own anyway - https://neurosciencenews.com/memory-internet-cognition-4854/ :unsure:

alainwhytemusic-01102022-0010.jpg
alainwhytemusic-01102022-0009.jpg
alainwhytemusic-01102022-0008.jpg
alainwhytemusic-01102022-0007.jpg
alainwhytemusic-01102022-0006.jpg
alainwhytemusic-01102022-0005.jpg
alainwhytemusic-01102022-0001.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Continued...
alainwhytemusic-01102022-0004.jpg
alainwhytemusic-01102022-0003.jpg
alainwhytemusic-01102022-0002.jpg

sold out in about 10 mins! - I got my hands on one - I was told by the merch staff that he had signed them just 10 mins before I bought mine - and there were quite a few people waiting to buy them when they sold out .
good for you,you should put it in an album frame,get them in HMV for ten quid.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom