Blackpool - Opera House (Sep. 28, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / I Am Veronica / Frankly, Mr Shankly / My Hurling Days / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Kerouac's Crack (live debut) / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @Janice .

Last edited:
Security were consistently sexist last night. Any males on stage got immediately clobbered - any females got treated very gently. There's only one sane response to this - I'm cross dressing for Doncaster.
Someone noticed a "certain smell" on people. Not sure who that was.

Yes, it’s always the same at the front. Leave your manners at the door and just start elbowing people in the head if they try to barge in.
But at an all seated gig, they should be made to take the allocated seat that they have purchased or be kicked out.

Imagine it was a special Christmas or birthday present or something - a front row ticket to Morrissey! But all you can see is a sea of bald spots, and the lights bouncing off the shiny dome of the half-drunk louts who have decided to just stand in front of the stage.
Scum. Sub-human scum.
When I first saw this phenomenon, I was aghast too, but then Morrissey proceeded to shake hands with everyone and then fully lick his palms between shakes. I was appalled. Then, I just chilled out from a distance and enjoyed the show.

That was in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, in I think, 1993.

I realised that nobody sings songs about Britain anymore….. nobody sings songs about England anymore…..’
This touches on what I and many others have been saying for years. Morrissey misses England. England of yore. He doesn’t recognize England anymore. He doesn’t recognize the people nor the culture. And if a party comes along that seems to feel the same way, it’s easy to latch on.

Have to say, hearing Bonfire was quite something being in the North, it hits different….. while introducing he said ‘I was on bed last night and I couldn’t sleep, I was sat up and I couldn’t sleep, it was late…. About 7.30….. and I realised that nobody sings songs about Britain anymore….. nobody sings songs about England anymore…..’

It will be quite a reaction in Manc, one imagines.

He played a string of new tracks from BOT, so…… could be in the making soon.
And wot songs about Britain and England could that have been? Streets of London?

And wot songs about Britain and England could that have been? Streets of London?
First thing I thought was ‘Let England Shake’ PJ Harvey….
This touches on what I and many others have been saying for years. Morrissey misses England. England of yore. He doesn’t recognize England anymore. He doesn’t recognize the people nor the culture. And if a party comes along that seems to feel the same way, it’s easy to latch on.
Can’t blame him because I find myself yearning for it too. I miss the little old dears with their corner shops etc etc grumble grumble

..."lights bouncing off the shiny dome of the half-drunk louts who have decided to just stand in front of the stage."

Guess you're referring to that lager lout (in the cheap Aldi trainers) from Carlisle? :rolleyes: I knew he was a bad'un.
Oi Ketchup 🙄🙄🙄
My Aldi trainers ....
A7109BCD-8AB3-4F5F-B40A-1E27F6570B68.jpeg

Do these people just buy the cheapest tickets and force their way to the front, blocking the view of people who have paid through the nose for front row seats?
It seems so. Doesn’t seem right or fair, but such is life.
The front row shouldn't be reserved for people who have 'paid through the nose'. Far better atmosphere for Morrissey to have some passionate ordinary fans down the front, rather than a bunch of rich toffs sat in their seats lording it over the plebs.

To belong to a world long gone is the English disease

The front row shouldn't be reserved for people who have 'paid through the nose'. Far better atmosphere for Morrissey to have some passionate ordinary fans down the front, rather than a bunch of rich toffs sat in their seats lording it over the plebs.
Bollocks.
What about those who are equally as “passionate” but aren’t able to follow Morrissey round the country, so save up for a good seat at the one or two gigs they can attend? They don’t matter, because a drove of entitled pigs want to be at the front of every gig?
You want the best seats/views, then pay for them. We’ll see who’s passionate then. These people just spoil it for everyone else with their disgusting selfishness.

Last edited:
Don’t know how many times when the lights went down and the intro song played that I jumped the barrier or ran into the pit section to get as close as possible, losing myself between the other fans praying that I don’t feel the hand of theater personnel on my shoulder telling me to go back to my seat. It’s all a part of the excitement, …..

because we must.

Don’t know how many times when the lights went down and the intro song played that I jumped the barrier or ran into the pit section to get as close as possible, losing myself between the other fans praying that I don’t feel the hand of theater personnel on my shoulder telling me to go back to my seat. It’s all a part of the excitement, …..

because we must.
And some did 😉

I have to say that last night was one on my best Morrissey concerts ever.
I haven’t been a fan of his new stuff.
But when I heard them live, I’ve changed some of my views.

Mozz was on fire last night.
Full stop.
75% crooner 25% stand up comic.

Benny take note son🤪

From the new stuff to the olde stuff,
Sheer class.
We , the audience lapped it all up
Of course. And he played us like a fiddle.

First of the gang was Epic,
The loop, Jack, and the new jack song was sooo, catchy.
Sunday was spoiled slightly with the Quando, crap.
How soon is now is such a Banger to start with.
Morrissey’s movement has now been set into 4th gear from the off,
And about time as well.
The stage invasion just added to all the drama.
A perfect end to a Morrissey gig.

Security were consistently sexist last night. Any males on stage got immediately clobbered - any females got treated very gently. There's only one sane response to this - I'm cross dressing for Doncaster.
That’s not sexist!! Perhaps You saw that the females behave gently and carefully. So is the response. The guys are a threatening for Morrissey security, when they try hard and harder. That’s the difference! And the girls yesterday were known by Moz and crew, so they knew there’s no risk.

Do you know the identity of the YouTube filmer BabyJ?

I do enjoy their video coverage of attended concerts.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom