Blackpool - Opera House (Sep. 28, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / I Am Veronica / Frankly, Mr Shankly / My Hurling Days / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Kerouac's Crack (live debut) / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @Janice .

Last edited:
We looked around . . . we are all getting very old: us, and him. We all beat on, endlessly into the past, as someone once said. Is the new music any good? Not really. We had hitherto condemned 'Black Cloud' to be the 'career' low but . . . SE,TTR . . . what a bitter, curmudgeonly and humourless way to waste three minutes of your life: him, moaning about his money. Please, if this is as good as it can get these days. . . perhaps, enough. Still, the old ones come back to pat our heads and we shell out, stand out and listen. But, we're all getting towards the end, all our tanks are running low, not long now.

Still! Blackpool! The lights! The noise! The nonces and the rough trade! We loved that bit. Funnily enough, the spectacle of THAT gig in THIS place seems oddly apt, the two experiences sit so well together. Two tatty old whores down on their luck yet dreaming of better days and still getting up each morning to slap on the stick and hit the streets once again, that's Me and Mr Shandy, Blackpool and HIM.

Mr Shandy and myself will be doing a pilgrimage of the piers later then a train back to Manchester mid-afternoon. Will we ever return?

The clocks go back soon. The clocks go back. Back.
Are you auditioning to be the new gig reviewer at the Guardian?

So did people with front row tickets turn up to find people from “the list” had forced their way into their seats, or did they all happen to get lucky?
This was my first thought when photos started appearing on Twitter last night. Do these people just buy the cheapest tickets and force their way to the front, blocking the view of people who have paid through the nose for front row seats?
It seems so. Doesn’t seem right or fair, but such is life.

This was my first thought when photos started appearing on Twitter last night. Do these people just buy the cheapest tickets and force their way to the front, blocking the view of people who have paid through the nose for front row seats?
It was a free for all, anyone could stand in the front row. Security were really lax! Some people were constantly trying to barge their way through. One crazy woman got quite violent with me.

To those of you who went without jackets and then stumbled out into the ferocious and blustery Northern rain bomb, I felt for you.
We got soaked to the bone. Walking out of the opera house after such a special show was amazing, then we seen the lashing rain . Then opposite the was about 4 woman fighting and knocking lumps out of each other in pissing down rain.
It was like leaving one dimension and then all of a sudden into another one.

We got soaked to the bone. Walking out of the opera house after such a special show was amazing, then we seen the lashing rain . Then opposite the was about 4 woman fighting and knocking lumps out of each other in pissing down rain.
It was like leaving one dimension and then all of a sudden into another one.
Well, I had my Icelandic fisherman jacket on and jumped straight in a taxi in a private spot. When you’re that far North in England, the weather needs to be a cautious friend, not a foe.

It was a free for all, anyone could stand in the front row. Security were really lax! Some people were constantly trying to barge their way through. One crazy woman got quite violent with me.
Yes, it’s always the same at the front. Leave your manners at the door and just start elbowing people in the head if they try to barge in.
But at an all seated gig, they should be made to take the allocated seat that they have purchased or be kicked out.

Imagine it was a special Christmas or birthday present or something - a front row ticket to Morrissey! But all you can see is a sea of bald spots, and the lights bouncing off the shiny dome of the half-drunk louts who have decided to just stand in front of the stage.
Scum. Sub-human scum.

..."lights bouncing off the shiny dome of the half-drunk louts who have decided to just stand in front of the stage."

Guess you're referring to that lager lout (in the cheap Aldi trainers) from Carlisle? :rolleyes: I knew he was a bad'un.

Yes, it’s always the same at the front. Leave your manners at the door and just start elbowing people in the head if they try to barge in.
But at an all seated gig, they should be made to take the allocated seat that they have purchased or be kicked out.

Imagine it was a special Christmas or birthday present or something - a front row ticket to Morrissey! But all you can see is a sea of bald spots, and the lights bouncing off the shiny dome of the half-drunk louts who have decided to just stand in front of the stage.
Scum. Sub-human scum.
And the staff had the audacity to tell people standing in front of their seats to sit down…..

Last edited:
..."lights bouncing off the shiny dome of the half-drunk louts who have decided to just stand in front of the stage."

Guess you're referring to that lager lout (in the cheap Aldi trainers) from Carlisle? :rolleyes: I knew he was a bad'un.
Baz is fine as long as he sticks to the Coors. Anything stronger - a Bacardi breezer, for example - and he’s a one-man wrecking crew. Albeit one who writes sublime poetry.

I've met him and its not.

I've never asked for his autograph. He's never asked for mine either now I think about it.

Almost as if it was just two blokes having a yap about nowt in town.

Don't be fooled by fame.

I’ve met him many times, lost count. It’s always been wonderful, like a good friend, no strangeness. I’ve never been impressed at all by fame or celebrity.

Sorry your experiences didn’t go as well.

We looked around . . . we are all getting very old: us, and him. We all beat on, endlessly into the past, as someone once said. Is the new music any good? Not really. We had hitherto condemned 'Black Cloud' to be the 'career' low but . . . SE,TTR . . . what a bitter, curmudgeonly and humourless way to waste three minutes of your life: him, moaning about his money. Please, if this is as good as it can get these days. . . perhaps, enough. Still, the old ones come back to pat our heads and we shell out, stand out and listen. But, we're all getting towards the end, all our tanks are running low, not long now.

Still! Blackpool! The lights! The noise! The nonces and the rough trade! We loved that bit. Funnily enough, the spectacle of THAT gig in THIS place seems oddly apt, the two experiences sit so well together. Two tatty old whores down on their luck yet dreaming of better days and still getting up each morning to slap on the stick and hit the streets once again, that's Me and Mr Shandy, Blackpool and HIM.

Mr Shandy and myself will be doing a pilgrimage of the piers later then a train back to Manchester mid-afternoon. Will we ever return?

The clocks go back soon. The clocks go back. Back.

It’s too bad you feel this way about growing older. Try to be more positive, and enjoy what life still has to offer. Cheers!

Sad to see the stage crew roughing fans up.
Security were consistently sexist last night. Any males on stage got immediately clobbered - any females got treated very gently. There's only one sane response to this - I'm cross dressing for Doncaster.

I heard that someone who purchased a signed vinyl went to put it safely in their bag only to find the signature wiping off in the process due to the pen or crayon(?) used. Could anyone who purchased one confirm how theirs is holding up? Thanks

Had front row tickets but list people in front when I asked her to move to her seat she started getting funny with me and got security involved.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom