Morrissey Central Black Pigeon Speaks - Contrarian Morrissey & Why Modern Music Sucks

There will never be another Beatles and there will never be another Morrissey. He is one of those rare artists that happen once is a lifetime. He has written some of the most beautiful vocal melodies and lyrics the world has ever known and he is as great today as the first time I heard Reel around the Fountain 40 years ago. Viva Morrissey!

But does Morrissey actually want his career to be sacrificed to promote a vlog?

Not his intentions surely.

And I don’t think he believes that posting a video is promoting a whole ideology, one that he might not even be aware of.

Last edited:

And I don’t think he believes that posting a video is promoting a whole ideology, one that he might not even be aware of.

No, I don't think it's the intention.

I don't know what's going on. It looks like insanity.

Why would Central get upset that Sky Sports called Morrissey a Nazi & then post Nazi's supporting him?

Oh Harvard? Well, well well. One of the most woke universities out there.

The non-woke description of him is:

Felix Lace: Far right Canadian blogger, Fat Beta Cuck with Yellow Fever, Censorship Loving Hypocrite, Misogynist, Paranoid Conspiratard.

Last edited:
Everything is backwards now. I was in the Stiff Little Fingers fan group when all this covid stuff started and Jake and his wife (she is insufferable) were telling everyone they need to obey the government and get covid vaccines, also private venues had every right to dictate terms of entrance. Jake is allegedly a punk, you know - anti establishment, anti corporation. They have all sold out, it's just bizarre. Falling right in line with the liberals. I didn't say anything but only a few people seemed shocked at their stance and complete 180 on everything Jake ever preached. Most were agreeing with him and Shirley, but they usually do, it's kind of gross. Anyway.......
I would rather have Morrissey saying what he really thinks, even if I disagree sometimes. He's not a corporate and government slave, and that's a good thing.

Everything is backwards now. I was in the Stiff Little Fingers fan group when all this covid stuff started and Jake and his wife (she is insufferable) were telling everyone they need to obey the government and get covid vaccines, also private venues had every right to dictate terms of entrance. Jake is allegedly a punk, you know - anti establishment, anti corporation. They have all sold out, it's just bizarre. Falling right in line with the liberals. I didn't say anything but only a few people seemed shocked at their stance and complete 180 on everything Jake ever preached. Most were agreeing with him and Shirley, but they usually do, it's kind of gross. Anyway.......
I would rather have Morrissey saying what he really thinks, even if I disagree sometimes. He's not a corporate and government slave, and that's a good thing.
Before Covid I already had a very short list of people I like. It's barely a list now.

Before Covid I already had a very short list of people I like. It's barely a list now.
Same here, it became and still is very political and it just brought out the worst in pe0ple, esp those who tured it into some sort of purity test

It's research from Harvard University.

I did a research that beats the Harvard research because I am better than Harvard and my official conclusion is:
He is a youtuber....

And youtubers will never be famous for being incredibly clever... So I am a bit angry with Morrissey right now because he lured me to watch a lot of minutes of a youtuber talking....

.... But my anger will be gone in just 2 minutes because Morrissey is the only Morrissey we have!

Most interesting about this video is what it omits. It’s easy to select examples where your fixed narrative fits, which this does to a degree. The Morrissey fans of old from his home country, who have decided to draw a line because of political statements he made, are more than aware of the grand contrarian he has always been. This has nothing to do with why he has lost swathes of popularity. To suggest so is a venture into straw man territory.
Seeing morrissey with his little slave Damon walking behind carrying his shopping bags puts me off. Slavery is alive in morrisseys world. Awful.

I'm neither American nor British. Not even a European (in pure geological sense), so my political views are forever polarized due to Middle Eastern circumstances and very particular and unique nuances that shaped my ole beloved country. So I had never been terribly vexed by For Britain badges or Trump-like rhetorics, despite the fact my own political ideologies (however localized they are) are far removed from what these things stand for. Having said that, I'll never understand why Morrissey gives such alt-right, far-right, not-right platforms this much credit. A boy who grew up on a steady diet of feminist literature, with innate sympathy and understanding (and almost awe) for disadvantaged* people, such as gay, lesbian and trans communities, in a hard-knock and awfully conservative and bullish Manchester. How can he now hold hands and run around in fields with the very people that made his teenage life a complete misery? If New York Dolls were a product of 2020s, they would have been dissected into pieces and spat on ceremoniously by these conspiracist YouTubers.

*: All those "ha ha ha woke!!" speculators may disagree but they are still at a disadvantage. And the saddest thing is that they don’t even know that they are still at a disadvantage. While they/them, “kill the TERF” brigades were busy crusading against some “high-profile” feminists and left-wing commentators, at least ten US states effectively banned abortion. You and whose army? (lest we forget Western politicians who are so caught up in fear of being called an Islamophobe that they kiss and hug each and every extreme Islamist, much to the chagrin of secular Muslims who are repressed by the very same ideology that those Europeans are now sugarcoating)

Blimey, the lunatics are out and about on this thread, aren't they? All we need is an appearance from WeirdUnclePeter and I can award myself a bun.

I don’t think ignorance is a sustainable explanation: he is the very model of ‘hip and aware’.

I did a research that beats the Harvard research because I am better than Harvard and my official conclusion is:
He is a youtuber....

And youtubers will never be famous for being incredibly clever... So I am a bit angry with Morrissey right now because he lured me to watch a lot of minutes of a youtuber talking....

.... But my anger will be gone in just 2 minutes because Morrissey is the only Morrissey we have!
As has been said by others, pretty much everything online is all just scribbling on the toilet wall - only now technology can broadcast it to millions of people.
But there's only one Morrissey.

Update: July 27, 2022.
Now a Central post:
"A View."

I think, this is something we all have heard before. Morrissey is not always right when he says things nobody else would say. Sometimes there is a reason why most people would not say something, because they are not true or not even intelligent. The SPIEGEL-interview really shocked me. As a German I can not see that Angela Merkel has taken Germany`s identity and that Berlin is the rape-capital. Why should anyone praise Morrissey for saying things like that? The idea that Morrissey is being cancelled is not true. Milo Ventimiglia of "This is Us" was wearing a Morrissey-shirt and was very nervous when he was on the Jimmy Fallon show with him and there was not a single bad word about Morrissey and about still being a fan. It was a celebration. The fact that Morrissey doesn`t have a record deal is because he is said to be a difficult client, difficult to manage, etc. I don`t think that it has to do with censorship or anything, but it fits into the martyr-cliché that so many people support. I am looking forward for the new album, I did not like those without Alain Whyte as a songwriter that much. I think Morrissey should be asked about his musical approach more than about all the other stuff, because he is intersting and unique as a singer and for his structuring of songs. I still listen to Morrissey and still have his haircut, but I won`t go with things that go too far, just as turning him into a role model for the freedom of speech. He slams people who make (bad) jokes about him although they practise freedom of expression as well. Donald Trump speaks of cancel-culture and cancels people all the time. I don`t want Morrissey to be like that because he has been part of my life for decades and I am very grateful for that. I am a songwriter myself and I also think that pop music and radio is unbearable and most people don`t care about being fed with shit. But there is good music out there: The Divine Comedy, to name just one, and the gigs are packed. Mainstream film, mainstream music all MUST be pretty bad because people don`t take the time and most people don`t care about music at all. It is just a pastime.

Solid commentary. The still in the video regarding the Arena bomber not being approached by security as they were scared of being called racist is particularly telling and something not picked up on in the previous BoT discussions. A comment underneath expanded on that issue.

“I just want to be sure people here understand something;- the security at the Manchester Arena did nothing about a man wearing a backpack, sweating, behaving strangely and appearing suspicious because he looked like what he was - an Arab - and they were afraid of being accused of islamophobia and racism.

Let that sink in for a moment then know this;- For over forty years, British Police, local and national politicians, local and national government officers have ignored - turned a blind eye to - the rape and sexual enslavement of hundreds of thousands of white children by men of Pakistani, Bangladeshi and other Muslim countries origin because they are afraid of being accused of islamophobia and racism. If I put links to anything about this, my post will be removed. If you want just a hint of how this shit manifests in my country, C&P the following two things into a search engine.

Scottish Sun Police Scotland took down large-scale asylum seeker grooming gang in Glasgow – but kept it secret
Ringleader of Rochdale grooming gang WON'T be deported to Pakistan because of loophole that let him RENOUNCE citizenship of his native country just five days before key hearing.”

I think, this is something we all have heard before. Morrissey is not always right when he says things nobody else would say. Sometimes there is a reason why most people would not say something, because they are not true or not even intelligent. The SPIEGEL-interview really shocked me. As a German I can not see that Angela Merkel has taken Germany`s identity and that Berlin is the rape-capital. Why should anyone praise Morrissey for saying things like that? The idea that Morrissey is being cancelled is not true. Milo Ventimiglia of "This is Us" was wearing a Morrissey-shirt and was very nervous when he was on the Jimmy Fallon show with him and there was not a single bad word about Morrissey and about still being a fan. It was a celebration. The fact that Morrissey doesn`t have a record deal is because he is said to be a difficult client, difficult to manage, etc. I don`t think that it has to do with censorship or anything, but it fits into the martyr-cliché that so many people support. I am looking forward for the new album, I did not like those without Alain Whyte as a songwriter that much. I think Morrissey should be asked about his musical approach more than about all the other stuff, because he is intersting and unique as a singer and for his structuring of songs. I still listen to Morrissey and still have his haircut, but I won`t go with things that go too far, just as turning him into a role model for the freedom of speech. He slams people who make (bad) jokes about him although they practise freedom of expression as well. Donald Trump speaks of cancel-culture and cancels people all the time. I don`t want Morrissey to be like that because he has been part of my life for decades and I am very grateful for that. I am a songwriter myself and I also think that pop music and radio is unbearable and most people don`t care about being fed with shit. But there is good music out there: The Divine Comedy, to name just one, and the gigs are packed. Mainstream film, mainstream music all MUST be pretty bad because people don`t take the time and most people don`t care about music at all. It is just a pastime.
I don't think it's about that - about praising everything that Moz says. I for one don't agree with everything he says about animal rights, for example.
It's ok if you think Germany is much better off with the massive social changes that have happened under Merkel. It's also ok to think, and say, otherwise, isn't it?
In public discourse they talk about the Overton Window - what people can talk about and what they can't talk about, what is 'unthinkable' and 'unsayable' in the public sphere. Of course, such things always change over time due to changing mores - but there does seem to be a push currently to move lots of subjects into the 'unthinkable' and 'unsayable' territory. That mass immigration might have some down-sides, for example; that people in the West are allowed to feel proud of their culture and their history; that the relationship between victim and perpetrator is sometimes grey, not black and white; that women can't have a penis...
I just think that as a believer fundamentally in human freedom - Moz wants to keep that Overton Window as open as possible. I agree with him. Let the light come shining in. Don't leave us in the dark...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom