Morrissey Central Black Pigeon Speaks - Contrarian Morrissey & Why Modern Music Sucks

This was a single incident. We have music festivals and all that. I don`t know why people abroad should know more about Germany than the Germans themselves. I have just been to a huge open-air festival and there were thousands of women. I don`t know a single woman who says anything about Merkel putting her life in danger. I would not let my wife go out if all that was true.
I remember when these stories were trending around 2016-2017 and a few of them had details about local PD’s and media trying to bury these stories due to perceived racism towards Muslims. To be fair to Morrissey, it seems maybe the truth is in but if a gray area. I have read 4-5 confirmed cases of eastern immigrant groups raping/assaulting with proof or accusations of trying to hide the details etc. Morrissey is an exceptional talent but it seems he’s a rather normal person in other ways and maybe got caught up in some clickbait stories. Again, because some of these situations were underreported, maybe the truth is somewhat in the middle, maybe his claim is hyperbolic. It seems it most likely is. Either way it’s a misstep but not due to some suppressed hatred, just outrage in regards to what he thought was the truth in that moment.

Well, you sure have changed your tune. Last week you were saying these sorts of videos are just “hot takes” and that nobody pays much attention to them in a political context, really; they’re like kitten videos and beer pics and gym selfies, and why should we worry about the dubious affiliations of YouTubers?—and besides, they were being posted to Morrisey Central on the nephew’s whim, merely because they mentioned the California Son in a positive light during a period when he was being criticized from the left. Has the left suddenly relented?

I guess I’ll let you get up to “pestering Morrissey’s team,” however one goes about doing that.

I have no idea what you think you're saying.

They are hot takes designed to be consumed & shared like kitten videos and selfies - and viewers might not know the ideology behind it but they're responding to some hook in the video. And this did start when Morrissey was being attacked from the left.

Whatever the hook is for him - he's only posting alt/far right videos despite seeing the reaction & knowing it will damage Morrissey's career.

Last edited:
Clarify because every far right post on Central brings out the Nazis on Solo to claim him as their own & hacks look at this site.

And if this is going to be for the rest of his life - & it probably is - it would be useful to stop the speculation.

Pester his "team".

And it's f***ing up his career because no record company can be associated with Central while it's posting neo-Nazis. And you can never trust it. It went months without an outbreak. Then posted an anti-semitic white nationalist when fans were discussing Your Arsenal - the one with the National Front Disco - with affection.

Deliberate hijacking.
I say this with kindness, you need to take a break, you are not making any sense.

I say this with kindness, you need to take a break, you are not making any sense.

How simple do you need it to be?

Central posts an alt/far right video. Solo speculates that Morrissey is on the alt/far right. Journalists see posts on Solo and think Morrissey is part of the alt/far right.

Central hadn't posted an alt/far right video for a while. Morrissey was getting some positive attention on social media for the anniversary of Your Arsenal. Central posted a far right video that would be esp offensive to the LA music industry.

If Central is going to continue to exist and post alt/far videos it would be useful to end the speculation on Solo - it would lessen the bad press - but while Central exists I don't think he will get a record deal.

Central posts an alt/far right video. Solo speculates that Morrissey is on the alt/far right. Journalists see posts on Solo and think Morrissey is part of the alt/far right.

Central hadn't posted an alt/far right video for a while. Morrissey was getting some positive attention on social media for the anniversary of Your Arsenal. Central posted a far right video that would be esp offensive to the LA music industry.

If Central is going to continue to exist and post alt/far videos it would be useful to end the speculation on Solo - it would lessen the bad press - but while Central exists I don't think he will get a record deal.
You really do sound unwell, I hope you are ok

What exactly sounds unwell about it?
You’ve gone so far into your own wormhole that your “analysis” matters less and less. You speak about Central as if it is some nefarious, evil entity that is actively trying to sabotage Morrissey’s career.
You seem to have ready access to every interview Morrissey has ever done and pick them apart, looking for any small scrap that might back up whatever hypothesis you have come up with.
You litter multiple threads with your posts, turning them all into the same discussion (usually people trying to talk sense into you while you lob your carefully chosen quotes at them, or try to belittle them by claiming to know so much more about journalism and the media than anyone else on the planet).
You often talk about Morrissey as if you know him personally; Morrissey is x, Morrissey has always been y, Morrissey thinks z. You don't know him.
You posted the other day that they have taken Central but you’ll “be damned” if they “take his name and legacy”, like you are involved in some kind of battle with the almighty Central. You’ll be damned? That sounds a bit mental. You seem to be way too personally involved in Morrissey’s career. But you are not involved, at all.

Take a step back. It isn’t really as complicated as you’ve made it sound. Morrissey probably has some left wing and some right wing opinions; there are some opinions on one side that he likes, and some on the other. He can have both. Central is called MorrisseyCentral. The page is called Messages from Morrissey. Morrissey seems to be very close to his nephew, who happens to be the webmaster of the site. Of course Morrissey is aware of what gets posted on there - and it wouldn’t get posted on there if Morrissey didn’t endorse it. The only significance of the “signed and dated” thing is that it is common practice to sign and date a statement, not a YouTube video or an instagram photo.

The simplest, most logical explanation is usually the answer; the items on the page called Messages from Morrissey actually are messages from Morrissey. He has political opinions that might be different from yours; that’s ok. You might have an idea in your head of what you thought his politics were that has turned out not to be quite accurate; that’s ok. Morrissey might agree with some right-wing ideas/opinions; that’s ok, too.
He sometimes shoots himself in the foot when trying to express his opinions, which is fine, a lot of people do. Unfortunately for him, he‘s in a position where these faux pas are picked up on, published in the press and latched onto by the public. He’s famous, it comes with the territory. He’s also rich and lives a life of luxury most of us can only dream of. I’m sure he’ll be fine.
He knows his opinions and the things he says are preventing him from getting a record deal, but he won’t stop. That’s a choice he has made and he has to live with it. You either play the game and get your music out, or you don’t. For good or for bad, those are the rules of the game. One definitive statement from him and a few interviews to charm the press/public - he could lie through his teeth if he wanted to - and Bonfire of Teenagers could be out within a year.

Also, you always use ‘&’ instead of the word ‘and’, even at the start of a sentence, and it looks weird.

Last edited:
You’ve gone so far into your own wormhole that your “analysis” matters less and less. You speak about Central as if it is some nefarious, evil entity that is actively trying to sabotage Morrissey’s career.
You seem to have ready access to every interview Morrissey has ever done and pick them apart, looking for any small scrap that might back up whatever hypothesis you have come up with.
You litter multiple threads with your posts, turning them all into the same discussion (usually people trying to talk sense into you while you lob your carefully chosen quotes at them, or try to belittle them by claiming to know so much more about journalism and the media than anyone else on the planet).
You often talk about Morrissey as if you know him personally; Morrissey is x, Morrissey has always been y, Morrissey thinks z. You don't know him.
You posted the other day that they have taken Central but you’ll “be damned” if they “take his name and legacy”, like you are involved in some kind of battle with the almighty Central. You’ll be damned? That sounds a bit mental. You seem to be way too personally involved in Morrissey’s career. But you are not involved, at all.

Take a step back. It isn’t really as complicated as you’ve made it sound. Morrissey probably has some left wing and some right wing opinions; there are some opinions on one side that he likes, and some on the other. He can have both. Central is called MorrisseyCentral. The page is called Messages from Morrissey. Morrissey seems to be very close to his nephew, who happens to be the webmaster of the site. Of course Morrissey is aware of what gets posted on there - and it wouldn’t get posted on there if Morrissey didn’t endorse it. The only significance of the “signed and dated” thing is that it is common practice to sign and date a statement, not a YouTube video or an instagram photo.

The simplest, most logical explanation is usually the answer; the items on the page called Messages from Morrissey actually are messages from Morrissey. He has political opinions that might be different from yours; that’s ok. You might have an idea in your head of what you thought his politics were that has turned out not to be quite accurate; that’s ok. Morrissey might agree with some right-wing ideas/opinions; that’s ok, too.
He sometimes shoots himself in the foot when trying to express his opinions, which is fine, a lot of people do. Unfortunately for him, he‘s in a position where these faux pas are picked up on, published in the press and latched onto by the public. He’s famous, it comes with the territory. He’s also rich and lives a life of luxury most of us can only dream of. I’m sure he’ll be fine.
He knows his opinions and the things he says are preventing him from getting a record deal, but he won’t stop. That’s a choice he has made and he has to live with it. You either play the game and get your music out, or you don’t. For good or for bad, those are the rules of the game. One definitive statement from him and a few interviews to charm the press/public - he could lie through his teeth if he wanted to - and Bonfire of Teenagers could be out within a year.

Also, you always use ‘&’ instead of the word ‘and’, even at the start of a sentence, and it looks weird.

The people who keep replying to me aren't littering the site or making the discussion the same?

And you do know what's happening at Central and what Morrissey thinks about it?

Ok.

The "they" are the far right activists "the battle" is with them. Just so there was a vague hope I might read an article one day that doesn't imply Morrissey's far right. Which he has objected to.

I like putting &.

But, fine. It's your site.

I remember when these stories were trending around 2016-2017 and a few of them had details about local PD’s and media trying to bury these stories due to perceived racism towards Muslims. To be fair to Morrissey, it seems maybe the truth is in but if a gray area. I have read 4-5 confirmed cases of eastern immigrant groups raping/assaulting with proof or accusations of trying to hide the details etc. Morrissey is an exceptional talent but it seems he’s a rather normal person in other ways and maybe got caught up in some clickbait stories. Again, because some of these situations were underreported, maybe the truth is somewhat in the middle, maybe his claim is hyperbolic. It seems it most likely is. Either way it’s a misstep but not due to some suppressed hatred, just outrage in regards to what he thought was the truth in that moment.
Thank you for your reply. It is a very tricky subject, especially in Germany with its history. It is a dangerous thing to comment on such issues especially when it happens in such a drastic way. There is the responsibility to find the balance. In Eastern Germany, the former GDR, the tendency to vote for right-wing parties is much higher than in the West., although people there have just got over a totalitarian regime and the lowest percentage of immigrants. Mostly such tendencies are a sign of fear. Politicians who feed fear get elected by these people. I had a pupil from Syria who was new in class and he seemed to be the only one to appreciate education. He worked the hardest, was very polite. I would not say that German pupils are saturated and lazy, but SOME of them really are and some immigrants take everything for granted. Life is too complicated to make one-dimensional statements without any clarification. It is true that German police have to follow certain restrictions on details concerning ethnic identity. This does not mean that we live in a bubble of misinformation. On the other hand people from European countries travel the continent to bathe in the same sea in which thousands of refugees find their grave. This is insane. I have a pupil (well, I am a teacher) who came on one of these overcrowded boats. She is really cool and has turned into a lively and funny girl, who is good at English :) . Education is the most important thing. As a fan I never wanted Morrissey to be a spokesman for the "wrong" people. Well, as a teenager I felt way smarter than the rest, being a Smiths-fan and reading Oscar Wilde. Modern pop-music does not offer anything to me and I can`t understand how the young can survive puberty with gangsta rap or casted singers who have their songs written by music-factory-workers. There have always been people out there who are persistent (like me!) but you have got to find them as they won`t find you: The Divine Comedy, Mark Lanegan, Anna Calvi etc. As an artist you should not give a damn about the charts and sales: the good people will find you! Thank you from Germany (where the Smiths only played once!)

Anyway - what's the sensible explanation for Central posting a far right video that aligns Morrissey with Trump, January 6th, anti-vaxx, anti-feminist masculinity, and claims that Bonfire is against immigration and multiculturalism, and Morrissey making a statement the next day that says none of those things?

He's bravely fighting the system by letting Felix Lace speak for him?

Malarkey, would you do me a kindness and post here your correspondence with Morrissey’s “team” when you pester them to clarify the problem posts on Morrisey Central? I am curious to see how that proceeds.

Anyway - what's the sensible explanation for Central posting a far right video that aligns Morrissey with Trump, January 6th, anti-vaxx, anti-feminist masculinity, and claims that Bonfire is against immigration and multiculturalism, and Morrissey making a statement the next day that says none of those things?
Explanation: he agrees with the content of the video. The statement was specifically about Your Arsenal and the music industry, no need to mention politics.

Last edited:
Explanation: he agrees with the content of the video. The statement was specifically about Your Arsenal and the music industry, no need to mention politics.

But the statement was about being excluded from the music industry for opinions, and mentioned Bonfire.

But the statement was about being excluded from the music industry for opinions, and mentioned Bonfire.
Yes, but I don’t think he has the time or the inclination to sit and write a 5 page thesis covering every aspect of his life every time Sam asks him for a statement.
He hasn’t quite mastered your art of turning everything into a monumental diatribe about his political leanings.

Yes, but I don’t think he has the time or the inclination to sit and write a 5 page thesis covering every aspect of his life every time Sam asks him for a statement.
He hasn’t quite mastered your art of turning everything into a monumental diatribe about his political leanings.

It doesn't need to be long - he's being excluded from the music industry because Bonfire is against immigration, and multiculturalism, and he's now a Trump supporter.

Malarkey, would you do me a kindness and post here your correspondence with Morrissey’s “team” when you pester them to clarify the problem posts on Morrisey Central? I am curious to see how that proceeds.
To: [email protected]
Date: 29/7/2022

Sam, you are a horrible racist wanker & you are ruining Morrissey’s career! I won’t stand for it. I know he’s your uncle, but I’ve read every interview he’s ever done & dissected every article that has ever been written about him, so I think I know him just a bit better than you do.
I’ll be f***ing damned if I let you ruin him and his legacy. In fact, I’m going to come round your house and kick your c*** in.
Tell M (see, I know him that well) that I love & adore him & know him better than anyone else in the whole wide world & think about him every day & know he doesn’t really agree with those nasty things on your EVIL website.
Regards,
Nerak

Sam’s reply:
delete GIF by tunadunn

It doesn't need to be long - he's being excluded from the music industry because Bonfire is against immigration, and multiculturalism, and he's now a Trump supporter.
He feels he’s being excluded from the music industry because of his opinions. His statement said exactly that. He doesn’t need to elaborate.
Anyone who is curious enough can just go to the Messages from Morrissey page and see for themselves.

He feels he’s being excluded from the music industry because of his opinions. His statement said exactly that. He doesn’t need to elaborate.
Anyone who is curious enough can just go to the Messages from Morrissey page and see for themselves.

So, he is letting Felix Lace speak for him under the title "a view"?

To: [email protected]
Date: 29/7/2022

Sam, you are a horrible racist wanker & you are ruining Morrissey’s career! I won’t stand for it. I know he’s your uncle, but I’ve read every interview he’s ever done & dissected every article that has ever been written about him, so I think I know him just a bit better than you do.
I’ll be f***ing damned if I let you ruin him and his legacy. In fact, I’m going to come round your house and kick your c*** in.
Tell M (see, I know him that well) that I love & adore him & know him better than anyone else in the whole wide world & think about him every day & know he doesn’t really agree with those nasty things on your EVIL website.
Regards,
Nerak

Sam’s reply:
delete GIF by tunadunn

Ok.

I concede.

Morrissey is posting far right videos because he agrees with them.

Although he thinks the press are wrong to think it's a bad thing, they are in fact right that he's a far right British Nationalist who thinks "the West" is incompatible with Islam, and "non-white" cultures.

Back
Top Bottom