Morrissey Central Black Pigeon Speaks - Contrarian Morrissey & Why Modern Music Sucks

I have read some your stuff and one comment you previously made was linking a Howard Hughes comparison. Interesting observation.

I would prefer it, though, if he was more Brigitte Bardot than Howard Hughes. Bardot takes the time to write books and articulate herself; she’s not posting videos by Info Warriors and Pepe the Frog incels as her messages to the world. One thing I agree with Malarkey on is that it would be nice to have some “clarification” from Morrissey on the socio-political side. The ambiguity is becoming an albatross around his neck. His writing talent is astonishing. We’ve been blessed with an autobiography and a novel—now it’s time for a manifesto. Sixty to eighty pages, maybe: short, sweet, and eloquent. Chapters entitled On Women and On Religion would be especially welcome. Whether Malarkey’s “pestering” campaign for clarification will succeed, however, I am doubtful.

I would prefer it, though, if he was more Brigitte Bardot than Howard Hughes. Bardot takes the time to write books and articulate herself; she’s not posting videos by Info Warriors and Pepe the Frog incels as her messages to the world. One thing I agree with Malarkey on is that it would be nice to have some “clarification” from Morrissey on the socio-political side. The ambiguity is becoming an albatross around his neck. His writing talent is astonishing. We’ve been blessed with an autobiography and a novel—now it’s time for a manifesto. Sixty to eighty pages, maybe: short, sweet, and eloquent. Chapters entitled On Women and On Religion would be especially welcome. Whether Malarkey’s “pestering” campaign for clarification will succeed, however, I am doubtful.

He just needs to do one online interview with a real journalist, if one still exists, and answer the important questions and have some PR person present to steer the course. Also clean up Central.

If he did this before the UK tour, it would go a lot smoother.

but, no.

He just needs to do one online interview with a real journalist, if one still exists, and answer the important questions and have some PR person present to steer the course. Also clean up Central.

but, no.
He would probably just say something that upsets more people.

He would probably just say something that upsets more people.
Then so be it, I feel. I can’t obviously speak for Ket, but I would be happy if he just came clean. In my opinion, M should either fully embrace the M Central shit and all that that entails or completely denounce it in an act of contrition.

Then so be it, I feel. I can’t obviously speak for Ket, but I would be happy if he just came clean. In my opinion, M should either fully embrace the M Central shit and all that that entails or completely denounce it in an act of contrition.
Maybe I'm losing interest in everything and just want new music.

So if you believe he’s not a feminist,

are you also saying that Morrissey is not Catholic?
No, I don't think he's a feminist.... anymore. Lets just leave it at that.

As far as Catholicism goes, I truly think that he is searching for something and after his mother died he might've embraced his Catholic roots in a way he hadn't before. His path back to the church might be similar to Frank Sinatra; he was agnostic for most of his adult life, but after his own mother's death he supposedly returned to his faith. Sinatra also become much more conservative and endorsed and voted for Republicans thereafter. Sometimes, I think that he did that political shift on purpose because of his falling out with Kennedy.

Morrissey appears to gravitate strongly toward the ceremonial and ritual aspects of Catholicism.
And if Mickey Rourke can be a staunch practicing Catholic.....Morrissey can too!

I don't think the Brigitte Bardot comparison is very good for Morrissey. She, too, has also been accused of racism and Xenophobia. And yes, I know she's a longtime animal rights activist.

How can Morrissey be labeled as feminist?? When he's been accused of fat shaming women? I find this very staggering to understand. He's been attributed to delivering a pro-feminist messaging mainly because of his advocating for Germaine Greer and other female writers and poets, but I still don't understand why that absolves him of blatant discriminatory behavior toward overweight women?

And I've been reading these comments about who's suppose to be a Morrissey fan and who's supposedly not suppose to be a Morrissey fan, which is further fascinating to me, because of the obvious influence of LGBT cultural references and sexual ambiguity emphasized throughout his entire career, however, he has regularly shown peculiar, morbid admiration for men who could be deemed as engaging in ''toxic masculinity"= toxic womanizing and abusing; which he's supposedly so strongly against. Myself, I don't use this terminology, but within modern feminist circles this would appear to be apalling sacrilege.

So how is he a feminist again? When he did the Kiss Me A Lot Video? Wearing the Playboy t- shirts? Didnt he have his band members wear Hustler t- shirts!?Then, i must include, all the talented but notorious womanizers for backdrop and sleeve cover imagery: Kirk Douglas, Frank Sinatra, Robert Mitchum, Alain Delon, Steve Cochran, Steve Mcqueen, Terrance Stamp, the list will go on.... these are the names that jumped out at me. Oh, and of course, his obituary of regular Playboy mansion fixture, James Caan.

Honestly, I'm shocked Marlon Brando hasn't made an appearance! Has he? And I missed it? And I'm a huge Marlon Brando fan! Even though, he treated women like garbage!
Expanding only briefly, I would also like to question the "pro= feminism messaging" behind the sleeve of an almost nude blonde woman on the sleeve for "Jacky's Only Happy When She's on the Stage". I found that cover to be rather creepy/pervy.

I don't think it's complicated. Central posted a video by a Youtuber praising Moz. There is nothing in the video that is controversial in any way.
No one has said - we endorse every video this guy has ever made, or will make, and we agree with every thought in his head about society and politics.
There is no 'embrace' of any wider outlook, and no need to 'denounce' anything. People are free to check out other videos posted by this particular Youtuber if they want to, or not. If they do check any of them out, no idea is harmful. I fundamentally believe that. People may find much there to disagree with. Great. There are good ideas and there are bad ideas. Sometimes ideas can be a mixture of both. But I know the woke left now preach that ideas can harm people and make them feel 'unsafe'. That is a really bad idea. It is what we do with ideas that is important. The idea that no one should ever feel 'unsafe' can only result in the ending of free speech.

There are currently 135 Central pages (with several/many 'messages' per page) spanning 4+ years.
Perhaps someone would like to present the overall frequency & percentage of 'troubling' posts in relation to the overall total of "innocuous" messages posted - then directly contrast that with negative media responses over the same time scale.
Perhaps that will draw out a better view / baseline to formulate "definitive" views.
FWD.

I was just looking at James Maker's facebook posts again - he's Morrissey's oldest friend - so they've probably discussed it properly. And he's saying that Morrissey was coming from the pov of women's rights, LGBT+ rights, and animal welfare.

The videos sometimes use those things - but their agenda is vastly different.

The timing reeks of PA.

Central might believe that threadbare line about freedom of speech, and the woke overreacting? I'm saying Central because it could be coming from their Auntie Ethel's Facebook page. The knitting community got radicalised. We're in weird times.

Last edited:
No, I don't think he's a feminist.... anymore. Lets just leave it at that.
Did he ever call himself a feminist recently?
I can’t remember, if you have a link to an interview ? that would be great. Or are you saying it’s others that you think wrongly label him one?

As far as Catholicism goes, I truly think that he is searching for something and after his mother died he might've embraced his Catholic roots in a way he hadn't before. His path back to the church might be similar to Frank Sinatra; he was agnostic for most of his adult life, but after his own mother's death he supposedly returned to his faith. Sinatra also become much more conservative and endorsed and voted for Republicans thereafter. Sometimes, I think that he did that political shift on purpose because of his falling out with Kennedy.

Morrissey appears to gravitate strongly toward the ceremonial and ritual aspects of Catholicism.
And if Mickey Rourke can be a staunch practicing Catholic.....Morrissey can too!

I agree. I don’t believe Morrissey has ever defined publicly what it means to be Catholic for himself, lots of people take different aspects of it depending on their own set of prior beliefs, be it political, etc.

btw the Kiss me a Lot video was was a bit bewildering and disappointing, to say the least. I’m thinking that may be his point.

Last edited:
maybe the point of central is that morrissey is just morrissey. he's not tryign to slot himself into some political perspective or point of view. he's a human being, and to those who care about transcendant values, being a human being comes first before political affiliation.

the problem with todays world is that people imbue too much significance into everything a person says and does. like, if you take a picture with some dude with a maga hat you're suddenly alt right. everything you do now carries so much weight and baggage.

well, im not into that and maybe morrissey isnt either. maybe morrisseys just like "that's bullshit. ill say what i want and post what i want and maybe tomorrow ill say something else that completely contradicts that. and if you want to read anything of gravity into it, that's your problem."

me, for example, im chill. i never understood the idea of holding people accountable for everything they say and do. as for moz, i dont care what he says. nothings gonna change my opinion of him. im not gonna pretend at outrage. sometimes he gets tedious and i need a break, but that's what relationships are like. in general, i just wanna have a laugh and go blazer shopping with him. (call me moz!!)

Maybe Morrissey should just become a recluse and not say anything at all since his 'fans' can't even give him the benefit of the doubt on some innocuous posts. We know he is fed up with the press attacking him, he will probably get tired of this foolishness too. He does not 'owe' anyone an explanation.
2kago4.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand why this thread is so dramatic...

Morrissey central is very much just the unexpected morrissey references thread

Theres a reference to Morrissey in a way that isn't wholly negative? It gets posted to the site.

If a popular left wing youtuber made a video about Morrissey (not the smiths) that wasn't negative, it would also get posted if parties became aware of it.

It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

but, no.

A friend wrote yesterday in his facebook: "My lady and I talk all the time about how Morrissey appears to exist in a completely Morrissey land.. ...witch subsequently appears as more and more solipsistic output..like I'd have it any other way"

And I remembered the interview to a former collaborator of Morrissey (and I can't remember which one!) who mentioned Asperger's syndrome and was asked is he thought that Morrissey had the Asperger's syndrome and simply said "an obvious case (of Asperger)".
Hmmm... I remember I was helping an artist who had Asperger too (I think Morrissey probably has it). His personality had nothing in common with the personality of Morrissey, but I remember a dialogue I had with him when I created an online gallery with his works as to help him to sell them:

-OK.... I will make your galley, yes, I will help you with the technical side, don't worry. I simply need scans of your works.
-Excellent. I will scan the best ones. I am a bit nervous, so I will masturbate and then I will do the scans and I'm sending them to you.
-Ok.... Yes, don't be nervous, just send the scans when you have them.
-Thank you very much. The masturbation won't take too long and then I will scan everything. Thank you for being so kind.
-No problem, I'm happy to help you with your art.

I wasn't offended, I knew that his ways are weird... and I was OK if he wanted to masturbate, not my business... But somehow reminded me of Morrissey.... even if the style is completely different, but that way of being mostly unable to judge by himself what's appropriate to say and what isn't... and I am not talking about self-censorship, but about digging one's gave due to a poor judgement of how other people may react to what is being said and what is appropriate for the situation.

A friend wrote yesterday in his facebook: "My lady and I talk all the time about how Morrissey appears to exist in a completely Morrissey land.. ...witch subsequently appears as more and more solipsistic output..like I'd have it any other way"

And I remembered the interview to a former collaborator of Morrissey (and I can't remember which one!) who mentioned Asperger's syndrome and was asked is he thought that Morrissey had the Asperger's syndrome and simply said "an obvious case (of Asperger)".
Hmmm... I remember I was helping an artist who had Asperger too (I think Morrissey probably has it). His personality had nothing in common with the personality of Morrissey, but I remember a dialogue I had with him when I created an online gallery with his works as to help him to sell them:

-OK.... I will make your galley, yes, I will help you with the technical side, don't worry. I simply need scans of your works.
-Excellent. I will scan the best ones. I am a bit nervous, so I will masturbate and then I will do the scans and I'm sending them to you.
-Ok.... Yes, don't be nervous, just send the scans when you have them.
-Thank you very much. The masturbation won't take too long and then I will scan everything. Thank you for being so kind.
-No problem, I'm happy to help you with your art.

I wasn't offended, I knew that his ways are weird... and I was OK if he wanted to masturbate, not my business... But somehow reminded me of Morrissey.... even if the style is completely different, but that way of being mostly unable to judge by himself what's appropriate to say and what isn't... and I am not talking about self-censorship, but about digging one's gave due to a poor judgement of how other people may react to what is being said and what is appropriate for the situation.
cool story, bro

I don't think the Brigitte Bardot comparison is very good for Morrissey. She, too, has also been accused of racism and Xenophobia. And yes, I know she's a longtime animal rights activist.

A lot of times people will be accused of being racist for being critical of Islam, as Bardot certainly is. I think she was said to be opposed to interracial coupling merely because she used the word "bastards" in reference to the children of unions between Gauls and Africans. Nobody appreciates rhetoric anymore.

But even if it turned out that she was a racial purist who believed there should be strictly-enforced laws prohibiting all sexual liasons between whites and non-whites, that does not seem like anywhere near an objectively worse law than the current laws which permit the rape, suffering, and slaughtering of billions of sentient beings. People enduring a romantic hardship ("the law says I can't be with Jean-Pierre") is negligible compared to what happens on factory farms. That's the whole problem with the sanctimony coming from the left. They strain out a gnat and swallow a camel. So Bardot's animal rights activism, like Morrissey's, covers a multitude of sins.

Last edited:
I don't think it's complicated. Central posted a video by a Youtuber praising Moz. There is nothing in the video that is controversial in any way.
No one has said - we endorse every video this guy has ever made, or will make, and we agree with every thought in his head about society and politics.
There is no 'embrace' of any wider outlook, and no need to 'denounce' anything. People are free to check out other videos posted by this particular Youtuber if they want to, or not. If they do check any of them out, no idea is harmful. I fundamentally believe that. People may find much there to disagree with. Great. There are good ideas and there are bad ideas. Sometimes ideas can be a mixture of both. But I know the woke left now preach that ideas can harm people and make them feel 'unsafe'. That is a really bad idea. It is what we do with ideas that is important. The idea that no one should ever feel 'unsafe' can only result in the ending of free speech.
If a far-right, women hating racist made a YouTube video praising you, would you be proud of it and post it online giving your approval of it?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom