Morrissey Central Black Pigeon Speaks - Contrarian Morrissey & Why Modern Music Sucks

He weeps and admires the things he himself has never experienced. That used to have charm.

Morrissey was just not meant for these times. Ambiguity, slyness and coyness do not translate to social media. He's not a sweet, young thing that can get away with it any more.

Have you thought that maybe I don't find your thoughts interesting enough debate? Surely I am allowed to make this decision.
Yeah, that must be it! 🙃

Morrissey was just not meant for these times. Ambiguity, slyness and coyness do not translate to social media. He's not a sweet, young thing that can get away with it any more.
I hope you meant shyness
X

At least now he can't actually do anything wrong about Anne Marie (Yes, I know, it was all about the animals) Waters since the party disbanded. So in this respect, there is no threat of trouble at the UK dates, unless he manages to do so, but on the whole he has probably been muzzled. If he can wear it for 3-5 years, maybe a record deal beckons again. So he has a fair chance if he shows good behavior. He does not like that. Sure. But in the end, it's just a business, nothing more.

How can Morrissey be labeled as feminist?? When he's been accused of fat shaming women? I find this very staggering to understand. He's been attributed to delivering a pro-feminist messaging mainly because of his advocating for Germaine Greer and other female writers and poets, but I still don't understand why that absolves him of blatant discriminatory behavior toward overweight women?

And I've been reading these comments about who's suppose to be a Morrissey fan and who's supposedly not suppose to be a Morrissey fan, which is further fascinating to me, because of the obvious influence of LGBT cultural references and sexual ambiguity emphasized throughout his entire career, however, he has regularly shown peculiar, morbid admiration for men who could be deemed as engaging in ''toxic masculinity= toxic womanizing and abusing; which he's supposedly so strongly against. Myself, I don't use this terminology, but within modern feminist circles this would appear to be apallling sacrilege.
So how is he a feminist again? When he did the Kiss Me A Lot Video? Wearing the Playboy t- shirts? Didnt he have his band members wear Hustler t- shirts!?Then, i must include, all the talented but notorious womanizers for backdrop and sleeve cover imagery: Kirk Douglas, Frank Sinatra, Robert Mitchum, Alain Delon, Steve Cochran, Steve Mcqueen, Terrance Stamp, the list will go on.... these are the names that jumped out at me. Oh, and of course, his obituary of regular Playboy mansion fixture, James Caan.

Honestly, I'm shocked Marlon Brando hasn't made an appearance! Has he? And I missed it? And I'm a huge Marlon Brandon fan! Even though, he treated women like garbage!

So because you’ve never championed Greer, etc and have never been labeled a feminist, it’s alright for you to like a womanizer like Brando, but Morrissey can’t appreciate artists in spite of their behavior?

Should he also burn all of his Wilde books simply because Oscar ate animals?

So because you’ve never championed Greer, etc and have never been labeled a feminist, it’s alright for you to like a womanizer like Brando, but Morrissey can’t appreciate artists in spite of their behavior?

Should he also burn all of his Wilde books simply because Oscar ate animals?
I feel so honored that you took time out to respond to me, Ketamine😊 Morrissey's number #1 and true defender of his honor!

To answer Your answer your question, there are lots of artists who I admire their art, but NOT necessarily the person, as I mentioned Mr. Brando being just one. And I never said specifically that I wasn't a feminist, you inferred that. I'm just as devout a feminist as Morrissey is. And Catholic as Morrissey is😉😉

Going by social media his reputation seems to have settled into "hate-filled white supremacist, but he was ok at some points in the past, and is a joke".

I think the distinction to be made is that Morrissey likes the aesthetics of certain macho subcultures: rockabilly, boxers, skinheads, Chicanos, London gangsters. It’s more fetishistic than political. He seems to have a genuine fascination with certain thuggish and / or intolerant people from the safety of afar (“they live where you wouldn’t dare to drive”) but he would likely not want them to be legislating policy.
I' m glad he never went all in with glamorizing the Maffia, even though, as you mentioned he pretty does with much of the rest of it.

It is fascinating how his mind works. I will give him that. He appears to be so very OCD about all of his idols, interests, preoccupations. And how he navigates his career.

I have read some your stuff and one comment you previously made was linking a Howard Hughes comparison. Interesting observation.

What about looking at it from the other angle – why would a cisgender, hetero, anti-feminist white male be a Morrissey fan? Why support an artist who's always given voice to the outsider, embraced the undefined, and been a tireless champion of queer and femininist viewpoints?

Even though I love the song Bonfire of Teenagers and agree that Morrissey has been wrongfully silenced, I'm frustrated about the BPS video showing up on Central. In a perfect world, "a view" can be observed in a vacuum... that's not the world in which we live. Opinions like this are now accompanied by politically charged baggage. Plus, "sigma male," the Kanye West comparison... cringe.

And once again Morrissey is associated with controversial viewpoints that do nothing to help him release BOT on a major label.
You do realize from the early days of the Smiths and beyond a big portion of his fan base could be described as hetero white male incels, right? Btw, besides Morrissey's own uniquely defined sexual orientation identity.....he too, is a white male! Mentioning race is very strange in this insistence.

Also, there's been no clarification or deletion, and the right-wing posters on here have been focused on the video's political position rather than its content - so I think it's safe to assume Central isn't a batshit scrapbook, it's a stealth white supremacist propaganda platform - driven by whoever, justified by whatever.

Last edited:
Going by social media his reputation seems to have settled into "hate-filled white supremacist, but he was ok at some points in the past, and is a joke".
Why do you bother to post on a fan site to give innumerable, meaningless and nonsensical interpretations of your own biased cross-selection of anecdotal social media reportage outtakes?

Has it ever occurred to you that people with a gripe are always more vocal than people whose perspective might be one of praise or appreciation?

Your constant repetition and negativity around Morrissey’s “reputation” (his reputation according to you, that is) is not only incessant, but also off-putting for people who might otherwise have felt inclined to engage here or to share a positive discussion point or view.

I find it baffling that someone, ANYONE, would come here and expect to be taken seriously just because they (you) typed “his reputation is trash and now he’s a nazi and only nazis like him”.

In my mind, my immediate response when i read your comment above was “Well - I could equally well report to you my own self-selected social media excerpts, all showcasing nothing but an ongoing love and appreciation for this person and artist. Not only that, but forgetting social media, I could tell you that in my personal circle in real life, I know an endless number of extremely highly accomplished people across an entire mass of different industries and fields - all of whom pay no attention to this kind of nonsense, and who don’t consider Morrissey’s “reputation” to be one of a “hate-filled white supremacist” at all. I personally know global heads of investment banks, politicians, a UK MP, various international economists, partners at global law firms, accomplished artists on the global stage in the dramatic arts, also in the fine arts, CEOs, fund managers, principal dancers in 2 different highly esteemed ballet corps, and the list goes on - plus all the people i know who are, shall we say, slightly more moderate achievers - all of whom are Smiths and Morrissey fans.”

But it wouldn’t have occurred to me to type this, as some kind of public declaration by me, as proof of how Morrissey is therefore seen.

Whereas, in your comment above and in MANY of your comments, you are fascinatingly hell-bent on presenting repetitive negativity as gospel.

I never considered you a malicious person, yet your ongoing fixation on and your dedication to such steadfast repetition of the negative, and the untrue, does border on mildly disturbing.

The abuse hurled at Karen/Malarkey is embarrassing and disgusting. Agree with her or not, it’s obvious her heart is in the right place and she ain’t silly. That’s more than what could be said about a lot of the sewer rats that dwell here.

I think it's safe to assume Central isn't a batshit scrapbook, it's a stealth white supremacist propaganda platform.
You spent months arguing the complete opposite of this. Now, with equal certainty, you state that his website has become a 'white supremacist propaganda platform' - but M doesn't realise it because he's a Luddite and an idiot and can't use the Internet. You're more full of shit than a Christmas goose.

To answer Your answer your question, there are lots of artists who I admire their art, but NOT necessarily the person, as I mentioned Mr. Brando being just one. And I never said specifically that I wasn't a feminist, you inferred that. I'm just as devout a feminist as Morrissey is. And Catholic as Morrissey is😉😉

So if you believe he’s not a feminist,

are you also saying that Morrissey is not Catholic?

You spent months arguing the complete opposite of this. Now, with equal certainty, you state that his website has become a 'white supremacist propaganda platform' - but M doesn't realise it because he's a Luddite and an idiot and can't use the Internet. You're more full of shit than a Christmas goose, you really are.

No, I didn't.

I had one argument with McFate about whether Central knew what it was doing or not.

Other than that I was trying to work out what was going on - because it was sending out mixed messages. And it was stopping for months at a time.

Why do you bother to post on a fan site to give innumerable, meaningless and nonsensical interpretations of your own biased cross-selection of anecdotal social media reportage outtakes?

Has it ever occurred to you that people with a gripe are always more vocal than people whose perspective might be one of praise or appreciation?

Your constant repetition and negativity around Morrissey’s “reputation” (his reputation according to you, that is) is not only incessant, but also off-putting for people who might otherwise have felt inclined to engage here or to share a positive discussion point or view.

I find it baffling that someone, ANYONE, would come here and expect to be taken seriously just because they (you) typed “his reputation is trash and now he’s a nazi and only nazis like him”.

In my mind, my immediate response when i read your comment above was “Well - I could equally well report to you my own self-selected social media excerpts, all showcasing nothing but an ongoing love and appreciation for this person and artist. Not only that, but forgetting social media, I could tell you that in my personal circle in real life, I know an endless number of extremely highly accomplished people across an entire mass of different industries and fields - all of whom pay no attention to this kind of nonsense, and who don’t consider Morrissey’s “reputation” to be one of a “hate-filled white supremacist” at all. I personally know global heads of investment banks, politicians, a UK MP, various international economists, partners at global law firms, accomplished artists on the global stage in the dramatic arts, also in the fine arts, CEOs, fund managers, principal dancers in 2 different highly esteemed ballet corps, and the list goes on - plus all the people i know who are, shall we say, slightly more moderate achievers - all of whom are Smiths and Morrissey fans.”

But it wouldn’t have occurred to me to type this, as some kind of public declaration by me, as proof of how Morrissey is therefore seen.

Whereas, in your comment above and in MANY of your comments, you are fascinatingly hell-bent on presenting repetitive negativity as gospel.

I never considered you a malicious person, yet your ongoing fixation on and your dedication to such steadfast repetition of the negative, and the untrue, does border on mildly disturbing.

All I do is express an opinion.

People then reply to me - & if I think they've got an interesting point or it's funny - I'll reply back. And so on.

I don't see why that would stop people posting what they want to post.

When I agreed with posters that normally disagree with me, they kept replying to me & then started talking about me instead of the subject of the thread.

The abuse hurled at Karen/Malarkey is embarrassing and disgusting. Agree with her or not, it’s obvious her heart is in the right place and she ain’t silly. That’s more than what could be said about a lot of the sewer rats that dwell here.

Thanks Gregor.

Re: (I didn't like the 2 out of the blue PA talking points. And the reason I don't think Morrissey is on board, isn't because I think he's an idiot, it's because the pattern is currently indicating it).

20220801_203800.jpg

Last edited:
I'm with scanty & the ballet dancers. I frankly don't give a monkey's about who thinks what about Moz. All this far right, far left, far north, far south stuff is, as far as I'm concerned, utter nonsense. He's a heaven sent, unique, gifted song writer & singer of the most wonderful songs; he's (more than) OK by me, & that's all that matters. Go stick all your twisted political dimensions up Your Arsenal, 'cos I ain't listening.

Back
Top Bottom