'Black Cloud' single sleeve design contest

Sorry to be a "Square" but are the plans of releasing Black Cloud as a single??

We don't know yet. As Kewpie mentioned earlier, it is rumored to be the next U.S. single. But tis only a rumor. We do know that NoAllegiances sent new single artwork to Moz after SISMS to see if he liked it. We have no idea which song the artwork was for.

you can clearly spot boz..:p.

thats solomon on the right, eh?

I reckon you're right :)

Perhaps we should ask csordasd to draw Matt and the other guys...?

Sorry to be a "Square" but are the plans of releasing Black Cloud as a single??

as previously mentioned, I'd say it was v unlikely (despite the initial rumour).
Moz needs to release something extremely catchy, or just something of a very high quality and Black Cloud, decent enough album song that it is, doesn't fall into either category.
would be v interesting to see sleeve designs for Carol given the unusual style of the song. the one wsomeone did for Birthday (of Moz in tuxedo) was splendid...

Ooooo this one has my vote! Where did you get that fantastic pic of Matt/Moz on the ground???

Thank you all for your kind words!
Skinner, the photos are both from The Frink :thumb:

Cover shot:
May 15, 2009. Great Yarmouth, Britannia Pier.
Photo by Flickr user "i need a better name"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25249531@N04/3534881010/

The Matt/Moz shot:
Belgium - June 8th. Photo by Flickr user DeRob
Antwerp - Koningin Elisabethzaal
http://www.flickr.com/photos/robindua/3614693690/

No. Those plans fell through many months ago.

Stephane

:eek:
So now we know there WAS legitimate weight to the rumor? :cool:
Thanks, Stephane :thumb:

as previously mentioned, I'd say it was v unlikely (despite the initial rumour).
Moz needs to release something extremely catchy, or just something of a very high quality and Black Cloud, decent enough album song that it is, doesn't fall into either category.
would be v interesting to see sleeve designs for Carol given the unusual style of the song. the one wsomeone did for Birthday (of Moz in tuxedo) was splendid...

I wouldn't say it was VERY unlikely. What with Stephane's new input in the post above, it at one point WAS likely. All one would have to do is watch the performance of 'Black Cloud' on the Jimmy Fallon show to see that it would be very promote-able, IMO, even moreso than Skull. I think it is very catchy. A classic Moz song that I have a feeling will now remain in future live sets.
:o Thank you for your compliment on my mere effort for 'Birthday.' I didn't take much time for it, as I knew it wouldn't be included in the poll. But really, I think it would be the IDEAL single from YoR. I think it could be VERY radio friendly, even if in a slightly edited version.
Morrissey NEEDS to release 'It's Not Your Birthday Anymore' as a single :pray:

:eek:
But really, I think it would be the IDEAL single from YoR. I think it could be VERY radio friendly, even if in a slightly edited version.
Morrissey NEEDS to release 'It's Not Your Birthday Anymore' as a single :pray:

So, so true. '...Birthday' would truly be a fantastic single- I have to say it is one of my favourites from not only YOR, but the last three albums. It's gorgeous- a reviewer on Pitchfork compared it to 'Speedway', and in a way I agree. It's great. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom