Birmingham - O2 Academy (Oct. 5, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / The Loop / I Am Veronica / Little Man, What Now? / Save Me ( brief Joan Armatrading a cappella) / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / (Auld Lang Syne intro) Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist (as it happened) courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited:
20221005_180812.jpg

(BattisAbby)
abbatts-05102022-0001.jpg

(Abbatts)

20221005_193156.jpg

(D. Tomasson)
20221005_193145.jpg

(E.Davis)

Last edited:
Screenshot_20221005-204436.png

(Juan)

Last edited:
Currently on rebels…
Assume FWd is here….?

Previously how soon, friends, Frank, knockabout, gang, shankly, telephone

Loop

Veronica

Little man what now!

Now Singing a short a Capella song… (‘a Birmingham song’)

Hurling

Half a person

I’m currently in bed drifting in & out of intermittent sickness sleep when I should really be at this gig.

I was really happy that I managed to book tonight off work & nab a ticket at face value on Sunday evening…at about the same time I started to feel my throat getting a little sore…

The past couple of days I felt gradually worse and then today, I awoke from a 12 hour sleep feeling like a reheated corpse.

Even up to the last couple of hours I was making myself dinner & forcing myself into the shower, attempting to gear myself up to head to the gig, but even listening to a podcast makes my throbbing skull ache so there’s no way I could stand in a crowd of people being blasted with extremely loud live music.

Absolutely gutted. I was so looking forward to hearing him sing so many of my favourite songs tonight…& with Alain back in the band; just as he was when I first saw Moz back in ‘91 & ‘92.

Anyway, I just hope the new album really is coming out soon & that he’ll tour again to promote it, playing a similar set-list in similar-sized venues.

I even thought about just turning up near the end of the set & entering the venue just in time to hear him play Please, Please, Please… but my poor head & body are not supporting this idea.

I hope everyone who attended tonight had a great gig & that plenty of pics & videos will be shared here…

“For years and years the worst thing to happen in Manchester were the murders by Brady and hindley, but something much worse happened, this song is called Bonfire of Teenagers…’ (into BoT).

Auld Lang into Sunday

I’m currently in bed drifting in & out of intermittent sickness sleep when I should really be at this gig.

I was really happy that I managed to book tonight off work & nab a ticket at face value on Sunday evening…at about the same time I started to feel my throat getting a little sore…

The past couple of days I felt gradually worse and then today, I awoke from a 12 hour sleep feeling like a reheated corpse.

Even up to the last couple of hours I was making myself dinner & forcing myself into the shower, attempting to gear myself up to head to the gig, but even listening to a podcast makes my throbbing skull ache so there’s no way I could stand in a crowd of people being blasted with extremely loud live music.

Absolutely gutted. I was so looking forward to hearing him sing so many of my favourite songs tonight…& with Alain back in the band; just as he was when I first saw Moz back in ‘91 & ‘92.

Anyway, I just hope the new album really is coming out soon & that he’ll tour again to promote it, playing a similar set-list in similar-sized venues.

I even thought about just turning up near the end of the set & entering the venue just in time to hear him play Please, Please, Please… but my poor head & body are not supporting this idea.

I hope everyone who attended tonight had a great gig & that plenty of pics & videos will be shared here…
Lots of honey and ginger tea with a spoonful of sugar, water and plenty of rest - doctor’s orders (quite literally! 😅)

1665001774759.jpeg

had no one ever

Back
Top Bottom