Birmingham - Barclaycard Arena (Mar. 27, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Kiss Me A Lot / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Scandinavia / Speedway / I'm Not A Man / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat is Murder / What She Said // Everyday Is Like Sunday

setlist provided by Famous When Dead.

• Review by Adrian Caffery (4 of 5 stars) - Birmingham Mail
  • Review by Richard Franks; Photo Gallery by Jonathan Morgan (17 total) - Counteract

birmingham2.jpg
  • Photo by Jonathan Morgan, Counteract, posted by @counteract / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester.

birmingham.jpg
  • Photos by Daniel Robson (20 total) - A Music Blog, Yea? Link posted by docinwestchester.

Morrissey-Barclaycard-Arena-Birmingham-Daniel-Robson-1.jpg
  • Morrissey fans help busker - Birmingham Mail - Mar. 28, 2015

Last edited:
So Birmingham was my first Morrissey gig. Found this site around the time I bought tickets and kept coming back every few days to check up on the latest news etc; so I feel compelled to offer my opinion of the show.

Moz sounded brilliant live, I knew the setlist would be new stuff heavy; but I think it's amazing so no complaints from me.

Now obviously, every time you're at the very front of any gig, there's bound to be occasional drama over spaces and where you're standing etc. - I don't know if it was the Birmingham crowd or the Morrissey crowd, but the stubbornness and resistance of everyone around me to just move around and enjoy themselves almost ruined the entire experience. Overly large 14 year olds protecting their surrounding space at all times (as well as their ugly girlfriends). 40 year old men reaching out ahead for the hand rail and NEVER letting go; meaning the occasional crowd push was even more annoying than it would be.

Things like these almost never impact any gig for me; but my god was this different, and not in a good way.

No complaints AT ALL about Moz, the setlist, or his voice. But my god were th crowd a bunch of selfish twats.

fabulous show show until meat is murder killed it for me, not sure why we have to be exposed to that at what is supposed to be an evening of entertainment

This my first time seeing Morrissey, having listened to his music for 30 years I thought I had probably ought to, pricing was a bit steep but hey I don't begrudge him a thing, it's the pretty standard size tour you can do (venue wise I mean) unless you are going to play loads of dates.
Having seen Arctic monkeys there a few years ago it was apparent that the stage was a lot further forward but that suited us in the seats (am old now!!) but it gave a much better view I thought.
I didn't really know what to expect apart from the usual giving us his opinions, well he's morrissey what do you expect. It's one thing that makes him so unique.
Anyway I thought his voice was spot on and the musicians were too. The new songs sounded fantastic and the smiths songs were so special to actually hear him sing those songs was fairly emotional. Meat is murder was an experience I shall never forget. It killed the atmosphere dead, and I was sat there thinking why is he showing this, but it made me feel sick and I physically can't eat meat at the moment. I'm not stupid enough to not know this happens but seeing it happen and the abuse was so sickening and do you know what if it stops someone eating meat then he's done what he set out to do. So afterwards I completely accept it.
It makes a change to some of the gigs I have been to over the last few years some have which have been a bit bland and I will never forget it.

fabulous show show until meat is murder killed it for me, not sure why we have to be exposed to that at what is supposed to be an evening of entertainment

No one was stopping you averting your gaze (apologies if that sounds harsh). As someone who has avoided all animal products for well over 30 years I don't need to see the films accomanying MiM (I've seen similar footage over the years and don't wish to see any more) so I look anywhere but at the screen, it can be done. Pretty much everyone who attends a Moz gig knows what they're in for regarding MiM but those who don't really don't have to watch the video. You don't get easy entertainment with Morrissey, and long may that continue.

if youre going to a morrissey show and expecting only entertainment then i think you missed the point

Both Clarkson and the one direction lad looked right smug chomping down on those cheese sandwhiches side of stage. Pretentious twats

Errr. Are you sure it was them? Easy enough to get guest list, but Morrissey personally okays people allowed stage side.

the question begs to asked, then: if a punter is ridiculed complaining about the mim video, due to 'if you should know its going to be shown', then why show it at all? if everyone at a morrissey concert has seen the video numerous times, surely the video itself is redundant, and prevents fresh blood from attending.

Oh dear, poor you :nopity: Well at least you're not one of the 150,000 animals slaughtered in the UK while the show was going on!! Unfortunately this is a BIG part of reality, and will be until people stop eating animals. 45 billion animals are killed for meat each year worldwide. If people don't want to be exposed to it, they need to stop causing it. Meat-eaters are just middlemen - paying a slaughterman to kill animals for them because they don't want to. What difference does it make to the animal if it's Bob or Bill that kills him? It makes NONE. Meat-eaters are just as bad as the people in the slaughterhouses. Reaslise this fact, and act upon it.

Here it is again incase you blinked and missed a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgJu5JEkgng&feature=youtu.be

yes, i feel your pain, its more a lecture than a concert, sadly.

Unfortunately DavidT welcomes trolls - he calls it "freedom of speech" (but really he just wants people here who will slag off Morrissey).

Yeah. He also welcome sycophants and calls it freedom of speech but really he just wants a bunch of arse lickers occupying his site. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anyone got any close to stage videos of everyday is like sunday ? Would be much appreciated!!! Thank you fellow mozzarians

So Birmingham was my first Morrissey gig. Found this site around the time I bought tickets and kept coming back every few days to check up on the latest news etc; so I feel compelled to offer my opinion of the show.

Moz sounded brilliant live, I knew the setlist would be new stuff heavy; but I think it's amazing so no complaints from me.

Now obviously, every time you're at the very front of any gig, there's bound to be occasional drama over spaces and where you're standing etc. - I don't know if it was the Birmingham crowd or the Morrissey crowd, but the stubbornness and resistance of everyone around me to just move around and enjoy themselves almost ruined the entire experience. Overly large 14 year olds protecting their surrounding space at all times (as well as their ugly girlfriends). 40 year old men reaching out ahead for the hand rail and NEVER letting go; meaning the occasional crowd push was even more annoying than it would be.

Things like these almost never impact any gig for me; but my god was this different, and not in a good way.

No complaints AT ALL about Moz, the setlist, or his voice. But my god were th crowd a bunch of selfish twats.

Seems just about right.I've been to many gigs.The crowd were pathetic.

Oh dear, poor you :nopity: Well at least you're not one of the 150,000 animals slaughtered in the UK while the show was going on!! Unfortunately this is a BIG part of reality, and will be until people stop eating animals. 45 billion animals are killed for meat each year worldwide. If people don't want to be exposed to it, they need to stop causing it. Meat-eaters are just middlemen - paying a slaughterman to kill animals for them because they don't want to. What difference does it make to the animal if it's Bob or Bill that kills him? It makes NONE. Meat-eaters are just as bad as the people in the slaughterhouses. Reaslise this fact, and act upon it.

Here it is again incase you blinked and missed a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgJu5JEkgng&feature=youtu.be

I had turkey and stuffing for dinner this evening. It was delicious.

And I'm NOT going to stop.

petakillsanimals.com

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom