Birmingham - Barclaycard Arena (Mar. 27, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Kiss Me A Lot / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Of Our Own / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Scandinavia / Speedway / I'm Not A Man / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat is Murder / What She Said // Everyday Is Like Sunday

setlist provided by Famous When Dead.

• Review by Adrian Caffery (4 of 5 stars) - Birmingham Mail
  • Review by Richard Franks; Photo Gallery by Jonathan Morgan (17 total) - Counteract

birmingham2.jpg
  • Photo by Jonathan Morgan, Counteract, posted by @counteract / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester.

birmingham.jpg
  • Photos by Daniel Robson (20 total) - A Music Blog, Yea? Link posted by docinwestchester.

Morrissey-Barclaycard-Arena-Birmingham-Daniel-Robson-1.jpg
  • Morrissey fans help busker - Birmingham Mail - Mar. 28, 2015

Last edited:
Ugh,
There's another one. 2 outa 3.
More self awareness.
Poor you.
Buh bye dum dum.

Who on earth taught you to write? Another NUT success story.

You are uneccesarily aggressive in support of your idol, but I don't quite understand why your first thoughts turn not to him but to me and others.

When Morrissey set out of his career if I wonder if he could have ever imagined his most fervent supporters today wouldn't look out of place on Noel Fielding's Twitter feed?

2/3 to 3/4 full, stage rolled forward to hide the empty space
'abysmal' sound
jessie playing the parts for one song on another
half of the crowd listless demanding others be seated while the other half is vomiting
stage situated as to prevent the punters from observing the proceedings on it

sounds like a total winner of a gig. brilliant.

Anonymous = lying moron. What pleasure can someone take from actually spending time to type lies?

So, the raging anti-capitalist who, only last year, wrote...

"World peace is none of your business
So would you kindly keep your nose out
The rich must profit and get richer
And the poor must stay poor
Oh, you poor little fool oh, you fool"

...is now giving his unequivocal endorsement to SSE, 02, and Barclaycard.

Brilliant.

Are there any large UK arena venues not sponsored by a corporate behemoth?

Wow. What a fantastic gig and great atmosphere. Morrissey was on form. Crashing Bores was my highlight of the night. Thank you to the kind gentlemen who lifted me up, so I could crowd surf across the barrier, I got a handshake. It was a special moment.
Think that was me. I was wearing a black shirt.

Last night was the first time I've seen Morrissey since 2004. The last show I went to was the MEN arena show, for which 'Who Put the 'M' in Manchester' was filmed.
I suppose I haven't really been since then because of the constant threat of cancellations and I've become slightly dissolutioned with the community in general.
Last night was an enjoyable evening. I think all of the comments I've read on these boards involving 'ham fisted' playing by Morrissey's musician a arent really justified. 'Stop Me...' was most certainly a highlight for me and the jangly sound was pretty spot on.
Morrissey was not as talkative as he was during the 2002 world tour. He dropped a couple of short, topical comments between songs but it feels a little like he was going through the motions more than before. The venue was largely full.
The set list was good for me because I enjoy the new album but I listened to a few people complaining there weren't enough Smiths songs in the set. Well go figure, it's not a Smiths show.
It was certainly a great show with a great energy. He's looking slightly older than when I last saw him in the flesh, but he's looking well and not showing any signs (that I saw) that he's not well as others have reported inhalers, etc.
you never really know when your last may come along and if that's the last time I'll ever see Moz performing live then I'm pretty happy.

This gig would have been perfect had it not been for some of the c*nts in the crowd. I was literally on about the seventh row back and told to 'be quiet' when I started chanting "Morrissey Morrissey" pre gig. WTF? Who are these pricks?

I tried to instigate the chant between songs. I was on my own but giving it as good as I could.

Think that was me. I was wearing a black shirt.

I think I remember someone in a black shirt, everything was a bit of a haze. I was in a grey jumper, in my early 20s, and it was towards the start of the song. Thank you! It was a great experience.

Last edited:
Anna Dorfman ‏@doorsixteen · 3m3 minutes ago
Oh my. ���� Morrissey closing out the UK tour tonight in Birmingham. (Photo by David Lewin, via @MozzeriansATW)

CBJEFOlUYAEzdI9.jpg

Shaved his pits? Looks like some serious manscaping went on between the last two shows of this mini UK tour. Hmmm, sexy shaving party tiems when he was supposed to be on Chatty Man. I would've stayed "stuck" in Belfast too, Moz.

Thanks to docinwestchester for the show coverage. This is what saves these threads from becoming TrollsRUs.com. That Twitter user who posted that pic is Chickpea. She said on Twitter that she cut Solo out of her life. I don't blame her. I think many of the good people have scattered to various sites, especially the TIALTNGO Facebook page.

Last night was the first time I've seen Morrissey since 2004. The last show I went to was the MEN arena show, for which 'Who Put the 'M' in Manchester' was filmed.
I suppose I haven't really been since then because of the constant threat of cancellations and I've become slightly dissolutioned with the community in general.
Last night was an enjoyable evening. I think all of the comments I've read on these boards involving 'ham fisted' playing by Morrissey's musician a arent really justified. 'Stop Me...' was most certainly a highlight for me and the jangly sound was pretty spot on.
Morrissey was not as talkative as he was during the 2002 world tour. He dropped a couple of short, topical comments between songs but it feels a little like he was going through the motions more than before. The venue was largely full.
The set list was good for me because I enjoy the new album but I listened to a few people complaining there weren't enough Smiths songs in the set. Well go figure, it's not a Smiths show.
It was certainly a great show with a great energy. He's looking slightly older than when I last saw him in the flesh, but he's looking well and not showing any signs (that I saw) that he's not well as others have reported inhalers, etc.
you never really know when your last may come along and if that's the last time I'll ever see Moz performing live then I'm pretty happy.

Who knew someone would age in 13 years?!

He was using the inhaler in Bournemouth but not by leeds.

I'm glad others think the same. Was a great end of UK tour. I've not been well recently (although my oesophagus is ok) and I was attempting to capture pre-gig stuff and similar. Unfortunately, on a site with several hundred people arguing over nonsense, it appears that giving info asap to people isn't that important.
Very frustrating when you are trying to tell a website about stuff when it clearly wants info after the gig.
Moz was very on form tonight, I did the setlist, which you could of had as it happens (people moan on here if stuff isn't fresh...).
In other news... Drunken me proposed marriage to Amy... Forgetting I can't do the scissors....
FWD

FWD, don't you live or come from Saint Pete, FL?
just curious, how many gigs do you attend per tour, on average? I nv you.
from miami.

Thanks to docinwestchester for the show coverage. This is what saves these threads from becoming TrollsRUs.com. That Twitter user who posted that pic is Chickpea. She said on Twitter that she cut Solo out of her life. I don't blame her. I think many of the good people have scattered to various sites, especially the TIALTNGO Facebook page.

Well said. Eventually this site will just be a private playground for Bummie, Benny, Barleycunt and Tseng. But hey, that's what happens when you confuse "freedom of speech" with trolling. Even though most would disagree with him, I think everyone would have a lot more respect for DavdT if he stopped pretending he runs this as a fansite. Since he clearly has no interest in Morrissey's solo career after about 1996, it's a bit of a misnomer. Either run the "Morrissey Is A c***" site that everyone knows he really wants to do, or run a Smiths To Vauxhall site. Then at least he'd have some integrity. This current badly fudged format of Pretend Fansite With A Heavy Anti-Morrissey Bias gets more pathetic by the day.

I wonder how Bummie and Barleycunt's essays for the national press are coming along.

Well said. Eventually this site will just be a private playground for Bummie, Benny, Barleycunt and Tseng. But hey, that's what happens when you confuse "freedom of speech" with trolling. Even though most would disagree with him, I think everyone would have a lot more respect for DavdT if he stopped pretending he runs this as a fansite. Since he clearly has no interest in Morrissey's solo career after about 1996, it's a bit of a misnomer. Either run the "Morrissey Is A c***" site that everyone knows he really wants to do, or run a Smiths To Vauxhall site. Then at least he'd have some integrity. This current badly fudged format of Pretend Fansite With A Heavy Anti-Morrissey Bias gets more pathetic by the day.

I wonder how Bummie and Barleycunt's essays for the national press are coming along.

WHY are you still here? You will change nothing. Nothing at all.

WHY are you still here? You will change nothing. Nothing at all.

I'm sure you are right, but I would guess most Moz fans would love to see this site return to what it used to be. Why don't you and David run a poll to ask users what they would like from the site, or have neither of you any interest in anyone else's thoughts? How did it come to this, and is there no way of going back? There was once a time when you, Peter, attended Morrissey concerts and were his number one fan. When did you last attend a Moz concert? Don't you think you will have regrets when he has gone? I'm pretty sure that I know the answer to my questions, but still think it is a shame. You're a long time dead.

i think moz and his acolytes want to take over this forum, as they are penniless and unable to formulate one on their own.
they want to run but no pay a la tty.

Enjoyed the gig last night, bar, of course the Meat is Murder vid. Not that its something I don't know about or haven't seen before, but I really don't think that is the time or the platform to show the barbarity of the food industry. People paid a lot of money to be entertained not politicised. Ironic really from the man who takes every chance he has to sneer at politicians for all there foibles, to then try and force his agenda in such a manner. He makes Bono seem meek and mild.

However, having been lucky enough to see Johnny Marr in Stoke the week previous, I'd have to say that of these two absolute legends of my youth, Marr was a cut above Mozzer. Yes they have different outlooks, always have had, but Marr, looked like a man in love with his craft. He embraced his past superbly emphasising his contribution to former glories, but at the same time playing the roles of Mozzer or Bernard Sumner with great aplomb. But also his new material sounds fresher and edgier, the band assembled around him, all caught up in the excitement of playing with greatness. Morrissey's current attempts are not that. They already sound old with little relevance to modern music. This will probably be controversial for you guys but Marr without Morrissey is still a great gig. Morrissey without Marr, is for me a far more humdrum affair, overly political and as has been mentioned a little bit hypocritical in the choice of venues.

Didn't they submit proofs for your correction?

FWD, don't you live or come from Saint Pete, FL?
just curious, how many gigs do you attend per tour, on average? I nv you.
from miami.

Nowhere that warm and sunny in my previous locations I'm afraid.
Currently live in humdrum Brum, UK.
Reflecting on the footage the kind ones link and post here, last night was a great finale. His voice sounded great. I think this topped the O2 for me.
Kind regards,
I hope there are not two people like me on the planet btw!
Regards,
FWD

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom