Billy Fury cover story in Vintage Rock magazine (issue 61, Feb/Mar 2023) - Morrissey mention

[Originally posted in Strange/unexpected Moz references?]

Morrissey mention in the cover story on Billy Fury in the latest Vintage Rock magazine (issue 61, Feb/Mar 2023).

IMG_20230131_134634.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
“I get quite passionate about the vocal melodies and the orchestration always sweeps me away”

I know that feeling…❤️

Speaking of "covers" it is kind of strange Morrissey never did a covers album of his favourite singers that appeared on his sleeves. Diana Dors, Billy Fury... Oh wait. I have just discovered most of them are not singers but actors. I tried to look up http://www.vulgarpicture.com/ but it's now just spinning records minus the sleeves. What a shame because it was a great site.
I loved that site, it said as much about the Smiths and Morrissey almost as much as the music and words. If you haven’t already, try and get a copy of Peepholism, my favourite
Morrissey book, bar Autobiography.

I loved that site, it said as much about the Smiths and Morrissey almost as much as the music and words. If you haven’t already, try and get a copy of Peepholism, my favourite
Most of Vulgarpicture is accessible via the Wayback Machine.
Try:

Full art credits per release feature here in the Solo Wiki:

Both feature links through to discogs for a more thorough collection of artwork per release (using a not dissimilar system to Wiki in terms of user generated content).
Regards,
FWD.

Most of Vulgarpicture is accessible via the Wayback Machine.
Try:

Full art credits per release feature here in the Solo Wiki:

Both feature links through to discogs for a more thorough collection of artwork per release (using a not dissimilar system to Wiki in terms of user generated content).
Regards,
FWD.
Ah that’s great, thanks very much FWD, will look that up.

Yes I bought Peepholism way back!

Yes I bought Peepholism way back!
Fascinating book, If only Harvey Keitel had agreed for his picture to be used for Strangeways Here We Come, what a fantastic album sleeve we would have had.

Fascinating book, If only Harvey Keitel had agreed for his picture to be used for Strangeways Here We Come, what a fantastic album sleeve we would have had.
Yes it was a great photo, but I kind of like that smiths sleeves mostly have slightly lesser known or obscure celebrities versus the ones that have a more visible fame. Yes I realise there's a few big hitters in there, but I prefer Richard Davalos over Harvey Keitel for Strangeways. Keitel didn't work out with Morrissey and also didn't work out with Kubrick so he's not worth worrying about in my book.

Yes it was a great photo, but I kind of like that smiths sleeves mostly have slightly lesser known or obscure celebrities versus the ones that have a more visible fame. Yes I realise there's a few big hitters in there, but I prefer Richard Davalos over Harvey Keitel for Strangeways. Keitel didn't work out with Morrissey and also didn't work out with Kubrick so he's not worth worrying about in my book.
I used to love seeing each release and who was on it, and if you weren’t aware of who they were you would investigate and learn all about them.
Embarrassingly I had no idea who Rita Tushingham was but me mum looked at the sleeve and explained all about her love of the 60s kitchen sink gritty northern movies.
I wish Morrissey still cared about sleeves, font and tints. I loved his fastidiousness

Boz Boorer's 10-inch get's reviewed later in the same publication. He's released a new Record, 'Back to Neo'.
did you type that with a straight face,bozz 10 incher,no wonder he wore baggy jeans.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom