Billy Corgan regrets splitting up the Smashing Pumpkins

The Seeker of Good Songs

december16022009.jpg

Billy Corgan has admitted in an interview with Spinner that he regrets splitting the band up in 2000. The band broke-up after releasing their "Machina II: The Friends & Enemies of Modern Music" album and have since reformed with a different line-up. Corgan: " Breaking up the band was a mistake because I think it broke trust with the audience (...) You had an audience that was very invested in that idea – whether they were invested in the people or the idea or the songs, I don't know. Like a relationship that you break off from and then try to pick back up, it's never quite the same."
Although the line-up has changed, Corgan suggested that the new group can still be "as good": "It doesn't mean it can't be as good, but it has to be different," he explained. "That beautiful original feeling got lost in the interim of being away. If we had said, 'We just went away for seven years,' it would have been similar, but somehow breaking up, there's a violence to it." The band are currently releasing songs from their new 44-track album "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope", one at a time.

from: http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=43983_0_2_0_C

2ykyvsh.jpg

how long before he regrets hooking up with Jessica Simpson? That has to really mess with the fan's trust.

2ykyvsh.jpg

how long before he regrets hooking up with Jessica Simpson? That has to really mess with the fan's trust.

:confused:

Why?

As long as Billy Corgan manages to produce good music, his fans won't be upset about him going out with less credible celebrities.

Seems he's slowly trying to reunite them. :D

Billy Corgan will perform with ex-Pumpkins drummer Matt Walker at a benefit show February 18 at LaSalle Power Co., 500 N. LaSalle Street, Chicago.

http://northshore.org/clinicalservices/integrative/default.aspx?id=9361

Great cause, but a little costly. If anyone with money to burn goes, please post your review. Wow... $300 to ask Matt questions about Morrissey. ;)

btw, those pictures of Jessica & Tila (I didn't know about Tila) :rolleyes::sick::crazy: Billy...W.T.F. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom