Billy Bragg Trashes Morrissey at Philadelphia Show - October 1

moho

On Saturday night during his song "Sexuality" Billy Bragg changed the lyrics "Sexuality, don't threaten me with misery" to "Sexuality, don't threaten me with Morrissey (what happened to that bloke, eh?"

On Saturday night during his song "Sexuality" Billy Bragg changed the lyrics "Sexuality, don't threaten me with misery" to "Sexuality, don't threaten me with Morrissey (what happened to that bloke, eh?"

he has just started a successful tour that people are loving.

:cool:

I wonder if that was an in joke between him and Johnny who co-wrote that song?

He seems a little obsessed with Morrissey, he should move on and concentrate on his own life. Morrissey is doing just fine and doesn't seem to have the same interest in Bragg. Maybe because Bragg just isn't that interesting.

Bragg therefore becoming the 147,732nd person in the world to observe that "misery" is quite similar to "Morrissey".

I wonder if that was an in joke between him and Johnny who co-wrote that song?
Yes, maybe bc M told Marr not to use his (M's) name in vain any longer when giving interviews. So, Bragg, in an effort to look like a loyal friend, uses it (M's name) for him (Marr) instead.

Yes, maybe bc M told Marr not to use his (M's) name in vain any longer when giving interviews. So, Bragg, in an effort to look like a loyal friend, uses it (M's name) for him (Marr) instead.
No I meant when the song was written in 1991. Doubt they are that close any more.

No one cares about Billy Bragg and that Sexuality song is just stupid. I always thought he was trying to be Elvis Costello, not sure why I thought that.

Fantastic song, ridiculous and uncalled for attack. He should focus on himself and not on disparaging more successful artists.

No I meant when the song was written in 1991. Doubt they are that close any more.
But Johnny stays best friends with everyone except Morrissey.
He will tell you that a million times in every interview he does.
Johnny is loyal and everyone's best friend, just ask him.

But Johnny stays best friends with everyone except Morrissey.
He will tell you that a million times in every interview he does.
Johnny is loyal and everyone's best friend, just ask him.

You're absolutely right. Here's a recent tweet from Johnny to Billy, to which Billy responds in support.

He’s been singing that line for absolutely ages. It’s nothing new.

This guy is such a bitter c***. some one should knock the f***er out. In his pathetic mind, he thinks he knows more about Smiths than M
He is such a childish little prick. Fake a Jordans tits

You're absolutely right. Here's a recent tweet from Johnny to Billy, to which Billy responds in support.

Not to be a dick, and who am I right? A nobody. That said, in my opinion this photo makes me feel like Marr is a nerdy/dorky persons idea of what "cool" is.

Not to be a dick, and who am I right? A nobody. That said, in my opinion this photo makes me feel like Marr is a nerdy/dorky persons idea of what "cool" is.

Well if you want to think that he's cool, that's your prerogative. I think people admire him for his massive talent more than anything.

Well if you want to think that he's cool, that's your prerogative. I think people admire him for his massive talent more than anything.
There's no denying his talent. That said, I point it out because even Marr himself is way too wrapped up in his own image. Many of his fans also drone on about how "cool" he is and how "he's Johnny F***ing Marr", etc. But again, who am I?

As someone else pointed out, he changed this lyric to Morrissey years and years ago. Not sure what the original reason was but nothing to do with the recent nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom