Billy Bragg: There's no way back for Morrissey

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
An agency story has appeared on a couple of websites reporting Billy Bragg's apparent further comments on Morrissey's "endorsement of right-wing politics."
https://www.list.co.uk/article/114666-billy-bragg-theres-no-way-back-for-morrissey/
https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/billy-bragg-way-back-morrissey-1229883.html

Billy Bragg wishes "there was a way back" for Morrissey after his endorsement of far-right politics
Billy Bragg wishes "there was a way back" for Morrissey.

The 62-year-old musician has publicly criticised the 60-year-old singer for his endorsement of far-right politics and he believes the former Smiths frontman has "burned too many bridges" for redemption.
Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz, Billy said: "I wish there was a way back for him. As a Smith's fan and as an anti-racist activist, I wish.
"I worry that he may have burned too many bridges, though."
Billy responded to Morrissey's comments in 2019, whereby he claimed "everyone ultimately prefers their own race" when addressing the allegations of racism he has been faced with.
The 'Full English Brexit'' singer hit back after hearing the comments as he was "heartbroken" for Smiths fans.
He said at the time: "I think he's decided that he wants to betray everything he ever said in the Smiths, and he's broken the hearts of a lot of people..."
And, although it hasn't stopped Billy from listening to the Smiths' music, he won't be tuning into Morrissey's solo catalogue anytime soon.
He added: "I'll listen to The Smiths, but I was never into [his solo stuff] anyway."

yes, i am a music fan.But i don't know all the artists.I been discovering many singers in past years.Do you know all the singers in the world?Some people only knew Morrissey recently(not me),so don't be an egocentric person .
I can assure you that he knows one of the best. Possibly two.

yes, i am a music fan.But i don't know all the artists.I been discovering many singers in past years.Do you know all the singers in the world?Some people only knew Morrissey recently(not me),so don't be an egocentric person .
BIEN DICHO , FROM DE LEFT!!!.NO CONOCEMOS A TODOS LOS ARTISTAS DEL PLANETA Y DUDO QUE ESTE HOMBRE LOS CONOZCA EN MI PAIS HAY MUSICOS MUY TALENTOSOS ACASO CONOCE A ALGUNOS? no no es asi? ENTONCES USTED TAMPOCO ES FANATICO DE LA MUSICA!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom