Billy Bragg on free speech, Morrissey, and the resurgence of the Far Right - GQ Magazine

New GQ Article by Billy Bragg:

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/music/article/billy-bragg-interview-morrissey-free-speech

Excerpt: "So, call it what it is, says Bragg. Morrissey is now a man who knowingly shares white supremacist material on his platforms and, when challenged, doubles down. And while he is free to do so, that doesn’t mean he’s a victim when there’s a backlash. “Liberty without accountability is impunity, which is the most dangerous kind of freedom. Freedom isn't a universal good. There are kinds of freedom that are really, really dangerous.”

Anyone who acknowledges terms like "internalised misogyny" is too far down the road of cultural marxist brainwashing to save I'm afraid. I'd refer them back to my earlier 'liberal psychological breakdown treatment' - but be warned, it involves 48 hrs of waterboarding, stress positions and white noise, and doesn't always work.
Wow. So much waffle. Nothing said. The man was right. Constantly self-venerating displays the need to self-soothe a insecure, fragile ego on full display. How often do some need to apply the Savlon, eh? Sad. Sad. Sad.

Awww. A raw nerve’s been touched. Namely yours. Oh, you’re a handmaiden alright. Your insults are a reflex response to truths about yourself....aren’t they, @reelfountain?
Absolutely. That you’ve nothing to say directly about male alt-right misogyny other than your bile confirms my point. You’ve all too real experience of it....haven’t you?
That Lauren Southern had to lengthily address and have to justify being single and childless only serves to highlight how your male counterparts not only expect, but demand you to be with no room for compromise whatsoever.
Put simply, they see you as being no better than the Muslim women you in your desperation delude yourself as somehow being “superior” to. In your dreams, of course.
Oh, well. Handmaidens do as handmaidens are commanded to do by their menfolk. And don’t you know that....all too well? Ta-raaaa then. Ta-raaaa!:brows:

You're really stretching to find something there.

Wow. So much waffle. Nothing said. The man was right. Constantly self-venerating displays the need to self-soothe a insecure, fragile ego on full display. How often do some need to apply the Savlon, eh? Sad. Sad. Sad.
This person convinces me further that liberal-leftism is a mental disease.

Last edited:
Lauren Southern is a Zionist. That means to me she is an enemy. You're clearly on drugs. You only see in black and white. Typical liberal-left thinking.

The American (and English) alt-right is riddled with Jewish shills. I despise most of the "alt-right" and see it as 'controlled opposition' by globalists - which is why I never use or endorse the term.

You're clueless - you probably think I like Katie Hopkins!

My best mate was in her politics class at Exeter Uni. She was bossy then but not so...extreme. I quite like her. Generally.:blushing:

Ah, a poor footballer was called a few names. Did he cry? Did his mum arrive to give him a cuddle?

'Football' is a joke. And by that I mean the whole football industry. Once it was tough and working class and if you took stick you had to shrug it off or deal with it your own way. Now they're probably offering footballers therapy for being called a few names - what happened?

So you think it’s ok to make monkey noises to black footballers like they did in Bulgaria the other week?

So you think it’s ok to make monkey noises to black footballers like they did in Bulgaria the other week?

It's not nice...but it's not gang rape or murder or sexual assault. The attention it gets in regards of it's relative low-level offensiveness is over wrought.

It's life. In black countries whites would run into far more problems than a few piss-takey noises. There's countries in Africa where our skin colour would get us raped (men or women) and then a machete buried in the back of the head. There's even black areas of America where that could happen if a white person dared to walk after dark. Look at the wider picture here. The people who suffer the most racism nowadays are white people - and mostly white men. Whites routinely get refused jobs now due to their skin colour. Is that not racist?

Did a few noises and mock-salutes from a tiny minority in Bulgaria's crowd deserve to be treated as shock-horror international news?

The media is politicised to treat anti-black racism as shocking and disgraceful - but anti-white racism is routinely ignored. Look at what race-baiter Baroness Doreen Lawrence said yesterday about the Grenfell Tower fire - that if the block had been full of whites the fire brigade would have made sure every life was saved but instead 72 people were left to die. That's racist and absurd. It may be on social media, but has one single newspaper ran with the story of her outrageous comment?

A few monkey noises abroad are far more important.

Last edited:
It's life. In black countries whites would run into far more problems than a few piss-takey noises. There's countries in Africa where our skin colour would get us raped (men or women) and then a machete buried in the back of the head. There's even black areas of America where that could happen. Look at the wider picture here. the people who suffer the most racism nowadays are white people - and mostly white men. Whites routinely get refused jobs now due to their skin colour. Is that not racist?

Did a few noises and a mock-salutes from a minority in Bulgaria's crowd deserve to be treated as shock-horror global news?

The media is politicised to treat anti-black racism as shocking and disgraceful - but anti-white racism is routinely ignored. Look at what Doreen Lawrence said yesterday about Grenfell Tower fire - she said if the block had been full of whites the fire brigade would have made sure every life was saved but instead 72 people were left to die. That's outrageous and racist. It may be on social media, but has one single newspaper ran with the story?

A few monkey noises abroad are far more important.

The same voices that are so vehement about football racism seem noticeably quite when real acts of terror occur or white elderly farmers are butchered to death, which is quite common in SA.

The same voices that are so vehement about football racism seem noticeably quite when real acts of terror occur or white elderly farmers are butchered to death, which is quite common in SA.
The racist murders of whites in South Africa are some of the most brutal and shocking incidents you'll ever hear about anywhere. People are raped, tortured and murdered in their own homes in front of their children, families etc. But the mainstream media have a full blackout on this subject. We're supposed to pretend it's not happening. Or at least not care. After all, monkey noises by a few fans abroad is way more important!

If that's not bias, what is?

The racist murders of whites in South Africa are some of the most brutal and shocking incidents you'll ever hear about anywhere. People are raped, tortured and murdered in their own homes in front of their children, families etc. But the mainstream media have a full blackout on this subject. We're supposed to pretend it's not happening. Or at least not care. After all, monkey noises by a few fans abroad is way more important!

If that's not bias, what is?

A refusal to want to acknowledge truths....just like the knife crime epidemic in London.

A refusal to want to acknowledge truths....just like the knife crime epidemic in London.
That's right. The black knife crime epidemic in London will never be solved or even lessened purely because of political correctness. But to be honest, if more drug dealing scumbags die who gives a shit, not me.

In Northern Ireland they've been shooting loads of them in the legs recently. I'd prefer in London if vigilantes shot them in the head. In fact that'd make me a very happy bunny.

Last edited:
Nah, I’ll not bother thanks. I only dip into conversations between you and Hoffman every couple of months but quickly realise that you are both still a couple of sad, bitter, twisted, racist c***s.
When the country rises up you, my friend, will be hanging from a lamp post.

I'd rather be a twisted c*** than one of those mugs in that video!

When the country rises up you, my friend, will be hanging from a lamp post.

I'd rather be a twisted c*** than one of those mugs in that video!

trt.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom