Billy Bragg on free speech, Morrissey, and the resurgence of the Far Right - GQ Magazine

New GQ Article by Billy Bragg:

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/music/article/billy-bragg-interview-morrissey-free-speech

Excerpt: "So, call it what it is, says Bragg. Morrissey is now a man who knowingly shares white supremacist material on his platforms and, when challenged, doubles down. And while he is free to do so, that doesn’t mean he’s a victim when there’s a backlash. “Liberty without accountability is impunity, which is the most dangerous kind of freedom. Freedom isn't a universal good. There are kinds of freedom that are really, really dangerous.”

941400_1.jpg
...against the working class by the left who have abandoned them for the toxicity of divisive identity politics (such as Pride).

. You can't say 'Migrant boats mean migrant votes' and ' Don't be afraid to be called a racist' and get away with it. It's hitting his income, and he has no one to blame but himself.

Skinny you can't just keep saying these quotes as if it's vile or wrong when there's truth in what he says!! Parties like Labour DO make it easy for immigrants to enter UK because generally, they work with them once they are here & usually get their votes in elections.

Also, "don't be afraid to be called racist" .....you know fine well the context of this comment. Mozza denies being racist but he knows to say anything remotely against migration means you are called a racist. So he's saying don't worry if you are called racist because it's actually meaningless bollocks.

You KNOW this but just keep chirping the same old quotes as if there is actually something wrong with them, but there isn't I'm afraid

big pride march last week,the homeless float wasn't deemed pretty enough and was excluded,so much for including everyone.

Identity Politics is an exclusive club. It's all about special treatment for those included under its umbrella only. Everyone else can go to hell - most of all the ordinary working class.

This is the modern left.

Talking about breaking the law......

Rochdale abuse gang members still in town a decade after grooming scandal
The victims of a notorious Rochdale grooming gang have been "failed again" after it emerged four men have still not been deported a decade after preying on girls as young as 12.

Shabir Ahmed, 66, Qari Abdul Rauf, 50, Abdul Aziz, 48 and Adil Khan, 49, were among nine men convicted in 2012 of a catalogue of serious sex offences against vulnerable victims in Rochdale.

As the only groomers to have dual UK-Pakistani citizenship, they were at risk of being deported back to Pakistan - but none of the four appear to have been deported.

stream_img.jpg

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/20...-still-in-town-decade-after-grooming-scandal/

How many times do you need to be told?

HE BROKE THE LAW and went to jail.

What don't you understand about that?

"HE BROKE THE LAW! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?"
This is not a compelling argument. I think that the real argument is that he jeopardized cases. But laws are not sacred and they are not fixed. laws are revised all the time. Do you want to win people over to your position? It seems that is the last thing on your mind. When you make it about THE LAW, then it's natural to contrast the law that he is accused of breaking with the laws broken by those he was supposedly reporting on.
Don't you think that is stupid? Someone can be a rapist and potentially get away with it because someone else BROKE THE LAW and reported their name?

In light of the seeming lack of action taken by those who enforce THE LAW against some of the perpetrators of these crimes, making it about the law is really not a very compelling argument.
“It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.”
― Aristotle
“One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
“If the injustice is part of the necessary friction of the machine of government, let it go, let it go: perchance it will wear smooth--certainly the machine will wear out… but if it is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then I say, break the law. Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at any rate, that I do not lend myself to the wrong which I condemn.”
― Henry David Thoreau

So, to answer "how many times do you need to be told," only once, but in a compelling and reasonable manner, which you have utterly failed to do. You run around in circles shrieking and insulting people and you think you've done your good deed for the day.
Why don't you go volunteer somewhere if you really want to help? This entire campaign is one of a dejected former fan and has very little to do with any of the issues you pretend to care about but do nothing to actually impact.

Bragg is a 3rd rate concern troll who is using the tactic of virtue signaling to accumulate social capital for himself. It's VERY boring. Gonna be fun when Morrissey neutralizes him. I hope that happens. I'd help.
Morrissey is a troll, and he’s neutralized himself, W. Bragg’s just kicking the pieces about.

Talking about breaking the law......

Rochdale abuse gang members still in town a decade after grooming scandal
The victims of a notorious Rochdale grooming gang have been "failed again" after it emerged four men have still not been deported a decade after preying on girls as young as 12.

Shabir Ahmed, 66, Qari Abdul Rauf, 50, Abdul Aziz, 48 and Adil Khan, 49, were among nine men convicted in 2012 of a catalogue of serious sex offences against vulnerable victims in Rochdale.

As the only groomers to have dual UK-Pakistani citizenship, they were at risk of being deported back to Pakistan - but none of the four appear to have been deported.

View attachment 50933
https://www.itv.com/news/granada/20...-still-in-town-decade-after-grooming-scandal/
It's taken ten years for anyone to cover the story. Where's Tommy Robinson when you need him?
Talk only gets you so far Billy Bragg especially when the real issues are ignored.

"HE BROKE THE LAW! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?"
This is not a compelling argument. I think that the real argument is that he jeopardized cases. But laws are not sacred and they are not fixed. laws are revised all the time. Do you want to win people over to your position? It seems that is the last thing on your mind. When you make it about THE LAW, then it's natural to contrast the law that he is accused of breaking with the laws broken by those he was supposedly reporting on.
Don't you think that is stupid? Someone can be a rapist and potentially get away with it because someone else BROKE THE LAW and reported their name?

In light of the seeming lack of action taken by those who enforce THE LAW against some of the perpetrators of these crimes, making it about the law is really not a very compelling argument.
“It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.”
― Aristotle
“One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
“If the injustice is part of the necessary friction of the machine of government, let it go, let it go: perchance it will wear smooth--certainly the machine will wear out… but if it is of such a nature that it requires you to be the agent of injustice to another, then I say, break the law. Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at any rate, that I do not lend myself to the wrong which I condemn.”
― Henry David Thoreau

So, to answer "how many times do you need to be told," only once, but in a compelling and reasonable manner, which you have utterly failed to do. You run around in circles shrieking and insulting people and you think you've done your good deed for the day.
Why don't you go volunteer somewhere if you really want to help? This entire campaign is one of a dejected former fan and has very little to do with any of the issues you pretend to care about but do nothing to actually impact.
I think that’s all fair. Although I wouldn’t be rude to Uncle Skinny, I like him. I guess it’s just funny how the far-right are very aware of the law when an Islamist breaks the law but continually need it explained to them when a white man breaks a law. And even then they pretend it’s not happening. “In jail for journalism!!” Sure, dude.

Well, it’s nice to see that Billy has struck gold for himself by criticizing
Morrissey’s opinions.

If Billy didn’t step in, that Central post
would have been forgotten by now.

Publicity and a little pocket change for Bragg while unwittingly promoting Morgoths agenda further.

Thank you Billy :thumb:

Well, it’s nice to see that Billy has struck gold for himself by criticizing
Morrissey’s opinions.

Im not thrilled

If Billy didn’t step in, that Central post
would have been forgotten by now.

Publicity and a little pocket change for Bragg while unwittingly promoting Morgoths agenda further.

Thank you Billy :thumb:

@ThePoliticalRevolution

But it gives Bragg free publicity and a reason for the media or anyone to be interested in him again.

Bragg’s a forgotten poor soul, I thought you helped the poor? You should then be happy that Billy once again has found a way to stroke his ego and feel important again, even if it’s only temporary.

Back
Top Bottom