Billy Bragg: “Morrissey has broken the hearts of a lot of people” - The Big Issue (26 June, 2019)

full

Whole article as brief:

"Not one shy to express his own feelings, Bragg said: “I think he’s decided that he wants to betray everything he ever said in The Smiths and he’s broken the hearts of a lot of people.
The Smiths expressed a lot of peoples own sense of disconnect with society and helped them to find their own identity – and he’s totally trashed that. I’m heartbroken for them because I’m a big Smiths fan too. And I’m heartbroken for Johnny Marr because he’s genuine, a lovely guy, and he doesn’t deserve to have his legacy dragged through the dirt.”

In his most recent comments, Morrissey reaffirmed his support for a far-right political party and said more questionable things about race that are not worth repeating here but easy enough to find online if you really want.

Bragg added: “I have no sympathy for him, no respect for him, but I have a lot of sympathy and respect for his audience.”"

https://www.bigissue.com/latest/billy-bragg-morrissey-has-broken-the-hearts-of-a-lot-of-people/

Further to his recent Oswald comment, Mr. Bragg is cited by The Big Issue for saying more on his view of Morrissey's behaviour.
The Big Issue present things ambiguously, so when Billy actually commented is unclear (possibly end of May), but given his previous comments - I doubt he'd say anything different.

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
All are biased to some degree. I read loads of em (online, like) and try to be aware of that. You simply cannot get unbiased news, even choosing which stories to report and how they are prioritised involves some bias.

But Breitbart?? Well they just take the piss.
Are you sure it isn't because Breitbart supports all that you hate?

Well yeah, for example racism, which is indefensible...so please don't try to defend it

Who gives a crap about racism? How about giving a crap about children getting raped and free speech? Your country is so f***ing dumb.

Well yeah, for example racism, which is indefensible...so please don't try to defend it

Hi Nairng,

Im glad to hear you say that racism is indefensible. Ive been trying to get UncleSkinny to donate $200 to this guy who is a very nice man who wants to immigrate but he needs a lot more than what is being donated. UncleSkinny doesnt want to donate because he HATES Black people and refuses to help them immigrate, hes a far-right fascist. Can you show UncleSkinny that racism is unacceptable by donating $200 to help this guy out?

https://www.gofundme.com/immigration-legal-fee-fundraising

Urr...you explained it in your comment can't you remember? Something about complexity I think it was.

You said "since when have your beliefs ever had anything to do with Islam and its teachings." Doesn't this imply you have some sort of historical awareness of my beliefs? However, since I rarely post, I even more rarely speak about my beliefs, and I've never spoken with you, doesn't it seem unlikely that you know anything about my beliefs beyond my single post?

'Islamophobic' - Newspeak alert! Another one of those words created just to try and shut people up. Of course, it's up to you if you wish to be complicit in global jihad but don't expect the rest of us to join in. Some of us know evil when we see it.

I assume this is Islamophobic babble but it’s too muddled to make sense. You seem to be opposed to "compexity" (sic). Good luck with your simpicity (sic).
'Islamophobic' - Newspeak alert! Another one of those words created just to try and shut people up. Of course, it's up to you if you wish to be complicit in global jihad but don't expect the rest of us to join in. Some of us know evil when we see it.

The world is moving toward complexity -- many religions, many ethnic backgrounds, many genders, many languages, many voices, many people sharing power. You will not be a citizen of that world. You will cling to your simple ways and go extinct.

You said "since when have your beliefs ever had anything to do with Islam and its teachings." Doesn't this imply you have some sort of historical awareness of my beliefs? However, since I rarely post, I even more rarely speak about my beliefs, and I've never spoken with you, doesn't it seem unlikely that you know anything about my beliefs beyond my single post?

'Doesn't this imply you have some sort of historical awareness of my beliefs?' - Your belief is 'complexity' which really is just a convenient excuse not to take a stand when it comes to issues such as the sexual exploitation of non-Muslim children by Muslim men. In other words crimes of civil negligence which make you and the rest of the complacent Muslim apologists of England morally culpable in what's been happening in places like Rotherham and Bradford over the decades. On the other hand, those who speak out you have no problem in swiftly condemning for being 'racist', in your belief that it is actually they who are the problem and therefore need to be silenced thus ensuring that the slavery of non-Muslim girls can continue according to what is understood to be allowable within Islam. The left's ignorance of what Islam actually condones is the problem here and the reason nothing is ever done to address the issue.

'[Blah blah].

You want to have a religious argument; I don't. I think all religions are the antique ravings of failed poets. I don't know if what you say is true and I honestly don't care. The list of atrocities committed for Christianity's Jesus or Judaism's God, or even dear Poo-bear Buddha, is too long and dispiriting to even cut and paste. Good luck on your crusade.

I assume this is Islamophobic babble but it’s too muddled to make sense. You seem to be opposed to "compexity" (sic). Good luck with your simpicity (sic).

:rolleyes:

o_O

'SIMPICITY'??????????:eek:
now suddenly the simple truth is too muddled for Mr Cuck Complexity, maybe the babushka :turban:
is overheating the few brain cells.
:constructionworker:

The world is moving toward complexity -- many religions, many ethnic backgrounds, many genders, many languages, many voices, many people sharing power. You will not be a citizen of that world. You will cling to your simple ways and go extinct.

:rolleyes:

LOL but ONE DOLE:lbf:
for all.:lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom