Billboard: Andrew Watt & Josh Klinghoffer on the ‘Childhood Dream’ of Working With Eddie Vedder - Klinghoffer plays on Bonfire (February 10, 2022)

Andrew Watt & Josh Klinghoffer on the ‘Childhood Dream’ of Working With Eddie Vedder

Chad Smith also explains how Watt is a "catalyst" for the team who worked on Vedder's solo album 'Earthling.'

In regard to Klinghoffer, he was more than elated to be working once again with his Pepper brother on an album — literally at the same time the Chilis are working on their own new album with returning champion John Frusciante.

“I love Josh,” he beams. “He’s an amazing musician, a f–king great bandmate and a great guy. I’m so happy he landed in with the Pearl Jam guys. Makes perfect sense. He loves that band, and he can do anything and play anything. I made lots of records with Josh, including the new Morrissey album, so going out and playing together is really fun. We have such history together.”

So, Josh Klinghoffer confirmed on Bonfire Of Teenagers.
He's a large fan and covered several songs previously.
So now there's 3 Peppers playing on it.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Dog was his first solo album that failed to chart in the US, so not sure if there's still a market for his work there either.
With no promotion at all by BMG
and no touring by him, Dog didn’t
stand a chance, pretty much anywhere.

and then you Pranc replied to me with....

The Peppers are an all american band and Josh knows about the Smiths. If not now, when....?

I was replying to Surface’s opinion of why IANADOAC did not succeed in America with my opinion why it did not succeed (in a commercial sense) anywhere really.

My reply to Surface had nothing to do with the Peppers or The Smiths.

and then you Pranc replied to me with....

I was replying to Surface’s opinion of why IANADOAC did not succeed in America with my opinion why it did not succeed (in a commercial sense) anywhere really.

My reply to Surface had nothing to do with the Peppers or The Smiths.
Basically, it's a smart move and I've come to think that the final product BOT could be musically good. But where do we go from here? His reputation is tarnished (that's why we've been arguing here for months/years) but the record is finished. If IANADOAC has really sold as few copies as assumed here, no record company can get involved without first ensuring that Morrissey is measured objectively and exclusively by his current creativity by a majority of music listeners. A Herculean task that has apparently not yet been resolved.

Last edited:
Basically, it's a smart move and I've come to think that the final product BOT could be musically good. But where do we go from here? His reputation is tarnished (that's why we've been arguing here for months/years) but the record is finished. If IANADOAC has really sold as few copies as assumed here, no record company can get involved without first ensuring that Morrissey is measured objectively and exclusively by his current creativity by a majority of music listeners. A Herculean task that has apparently not yet been resolved.

Yeah, don’t know. I was just giving my opinion of why Dog did not do
commercially well. Artistically it far surpasses what other ‘artists’ had to offer though.

The Peppers are an all american band and Josh knows about the Smiths. If not now, when....?

God I hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I can’t believe any of their audience would embrace Morrissey. The only commonality is they both like to perform shirtless.

commercially well. Artistically it far surpasses what other ‘artists’ had to offer though.

You missed, In my opinion before - Artistically it far surpasses what other ‘artists’ had to offer though.

This is very general and may or may not be true. Anyway, we don't need to discuss. I'll be the first to admit when Morrissey releases a song that picks me up. Vedder is doing that right now with Earthling and I am truly not a Pearl Jam fan (Last record Vitalogy).

Andrew Watt & Josh Klinghoffer have what it takes!

God I hate the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I can’t believe any of their audience would embrace Morrissey. The only commonality is they both like to perform shirtless.
You mean with socks on their dicks like in 1989 os so?

This is very general and may or may not be true.

Yes. It was only my opinion.

Anyway, we don't need to discuss. I'll be the first to admit when Morrissey releases a song that picks me up. Vedder is doing that right now with Earthling and I am truly not a Pearl Jam fan (Last record Vitalogy).

Andrew Watt & Josh Klinghoffer have what it takes!

But doesn’t that go for all current records though?

;):cool:
It’s true that Morrissey’s voice often lifts a song to a higher level, but the music still needs to be decen. Modern dance music heavy on beats and electronic music are usually not my cup of tea and I don’t think Morrissey‘s voice could save it. Well, the test will come when we get too hear his collaboration with that Rocky rapper, whose music I don’t care much for.

It’s true that Morrissey’s voice often lifts a song to a higher level, but the music still needs to be decen.
Yes, it would need to be decent or or at least polite.
Modern dance music heavy on beats and electronic music are usually not my cup of tea
Yeah it doesn’t go with tea, though I guess that depends on what kind of tea you’re drinking.
and I don’t think Morrissey‘s voice could save it.

I don’t know. I think we’d need to hear his voice under the pop polish
of an extreme auto tune setting first
in order to hear what M could do for
dance music. Then again, I dance to The Smiths and M all the time.

Well, the test will come when we get too hear his collaboration with that Rocky rapper, whose music I don’t care much for.

could be a ballad of sorts.

Yes, it would need to be decent or or at least polite.

Yeah it doesn’t go with tea, though I guess that depends on what kind of tea you’re drinking.
English breakfast tea.
I don’t know. I think we’d need to hear his voice under the pop polish
of an extreme auto tune setting first
in order to hear what M could do for
dance music. Then again, I dance to The Smiths and M all the time.
Auto tune is terrible, probably the reason why all singers sound similar today. But I guess that even Moz uses it from time to time.
could be a ballad of sorts.
Just hoping we may hear it sooner rather than later.

Josh Klinghoffer talked about the upcoming record on Tuna on Toast podcast!! Search for it on YouTube. It's on the final 10 minutes of the podcast.

Josh Klinghoffer talked about the upcoming record on Tuna on Toast podcast!! Search for it on YouTube. It's on the final 10 minutes of the podcast.
See:
FWD.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers
Back
Top Bottom