Billboard: Andrew Watt & Josh Klinghoffer on the ‘Childhood Dream’ of Working With Eddie Vedder - Klinghoffer plays on Bonfire (February 10, 2022)

Andrew Watt & Josh Klinghoffer on the ‘Childhood Dream’ of Working With Eddie Vedder

Chad Smith also explains how Watt is a "catalyst" for the team who worked on Vedder's solo album 'Earthling.'

In regard to Klinghoffer, he was more than elated to be working once again with his Pepper brother on an album — literally at the same time the Chilis are working on their own new album with returning champion John Frusciante.

“I love Josh,” he beams. “He’s an amazing musician, a f–king great bandmate and a great guy. I’m so happy he landed in with the Pearl Jam guys. Makes perfect sense. He loves that band, and he can do anything and play anything. I made lots of records with Josh, including the new Morrissey album, so going out and playing together is really fun. We have such history together.”

So, Josh Klinghoffer confirmed on Bonfire Of Teenagers.
He's a large fan and covered several songs previously.
So now there's 3 Peppers playing on it.
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

:swear

- Jesse Tobias

I just noticed on Wikipedia that the run out groove for the German release of Panic says “hang them high Monika”. So Moz has apparently reused/re-written that within I Am Veronica on Bonfire? And why Veronica now and not Monika?

Kinda wonderin' if these guys tried to give Moz a
"Morrissey" or a "Smiths" sound, with the music.
Don't know to much about Pearl Jam's music, but
they did a pretty good job of givin' Eddie a "Beatles"
sound for one of his songs.

Correct - he was with them for about a month after they got rid of Arik Marshall, the replacement the first time John Frusciante left the band. Then Dave Navarro became available.
Explains the constant grimacing when he tries to play guitar. Must be some chillis 🌶 still stuck up his beleaguered bowel.

The record from Vedder is great. There's nothing to complain about. Far from the floaty post grunge of Pearl Jam, multi-layered and nuanced with Ringo Starr even on drums in a nod to the Beatles. If Watt and Klinghoffer could have transferred this playfulness and inventiveness to Morrissey, it would be a fabulous asset and could loosen the artistic encrustation of the Chiccarlli years. I really hope so.

Last edited:
The record from Vedder is great. There's nothing to complain about. Far from the floaty post grunge of Pearl Jam, multi-layered and nuanced with Ringo Starr even on drums in a nod to the Beatles. If Watt and Klinghoffer could have transferred this playfulness and inventiveness to Morrissey, it would be a fabulous asset and could loosen the artistic encrustation of the Chiccarlli years. I really hope so.

I don’t understand why no one wants to release it if it’s good.

Maybe 2 records out, with Watt, Klinghoffer and Smith, at the same time are not wanted. This is the nicer explanation. Anyway, Klinghoffer does a great job. He has the necessary empathy.

Last edited:
It's simple - Morrissey has gone on record as endorsing/supporting a depressingly large number of right wing and far right politicians/parties. Even if he's got some great new songs (which I believe he has) no radio station can risk playing them as they will get hauled over the coals on Twitter. Without radio airplay his album sales have sunk from 50,00-100,000 (Low High School) to a catastrophic 6,000 (Dog on a Chain). He needs to very clearly retract his endorsement and then we can all move forward. Simply saying that he has never voted has made no difference at all.

Last edited:
20220212_014222.jpg

Josh & Jesse, Staples Center, Los Angeles, March 2017

It's simple - Morrissey has gone on record as officially endorsing a bunch of far-right absolute w***ers. Even if he's got some great new songs (which I believe he has) no radio station can risk playing them if he's perceived as a person who endorses a party of intolerant bigoted twats. Without radio airplay his album sales have sunk from 50,00-100,000 (Low High School) to a catastrophic 6,000 (Dog on a Chain).
He needs to retract his endorsement and then we can all move forward. Simply saying that he has never voted makes not the slightest bit of difference.
Very well presented, with unagitated words. Whereby I can imagine, that these facts do not play a role in America. That's where his artistic home has been for years and he's now got people on board who could finally take him on a different artistic track. What that does to his worldwide career is another matter.

I listened to Vedder’s record today, and my thought was that this record would be even better if it had Morrissey’s voice on it.

It's simple - Morrissey has gone on record as endorsing/supporting a depressingly large number of right wing and far right politicians/parties. Even if he's got some great new songs (which I believe he has) no radio station can risk playing them as they will get hauled over the coals on Twitter. Without radio airplay his album sales have sunk from 50,00-100,000 (Low High School) to a catastrophic 6,000 (Dog on a Chain). He needs to very clearly retract his endorsement and then we can all move forward. Simply saying that he has never voted has made no difference at all.

With all the ‘support’ (lol!) Morrissey supposedly once gave, For Britain has been enabled to achieve great things! making huge strides! and are, as anyone can see, taking over the world !!!!!

Hide under your bed, Mike Rourke!

Very well presented, with unagitated words. Whereby I can imagine, that these facts do not play a role in America. That's where his artistic home has been for years and he's now got people on board who could finally take him on a different artistic track. What that does to his worldwide career is another matter.

Dog was his first solo album that failed to chart in the US, so not sure if there's still a market for his work there either.

Dog was his first solo album that failed to chart in the US, so not sure if there's still a market for his work there either.

With no promotion at all by BMG
and no touring by him, Dog didn’t
stand a chance, pretty much anywhere.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom