Bigmouth 7" White Label Test Pressing

A

Anonymous

Folks, some help perhaps?

I have a white label of Bigmouth 7" about which I have a couple of questions.
firstly I have the following in the runout groove (the final X1 replaces the number 6 which which appears on the commercial release)
RT 192 A-1U-1-1-X1 / RT 192 B-1U-1-1-X1
Is that telling me I have the first of however many tests, or just an undifferentiable test pressing??

Secondly PJLM states that all 7" versions of this in existence appear to have the center hole punched out
"Unlike earlier singles, this seems to only exist with a push-out centre. No copy with a solid centre has ever been reported."
Mine retains a solid center hole.

Question therefore really is whether this might add to its worth, and if so and pointers as to what it might be worth?

Secondly PJLM states that all 7" versions of this in existence appear to have the center hole punched out

Actually, it states that all copies have a push-out centre, not they are all punched out.

Question therefore really is whether this might add to its worth, and if so and pointers as to what it might be worth?

I don't expect it to be much more valuable than the more common variation, only because there doesn't seem to be that much demand for this type of thing. But then again, if the timing is good and the auction description is enticing, you may be pleasantly surprised.

If I may ask, what's the matrix number for the solid centre 7"?

thanks...

That would look nice next to my Mayking Bigmouth, if you're interested in parting with it. Let me know what you'd like to have.

Also that quote comes from the standard 7" entry. The 7" TP assumes solid center, and if it matches your '-X' nomenclature it may imply there are push-out variations of the TP.

[email protected]

Last edited:

firstly I have the following in the runout groove (the final X1 replaces the number 6 which which appears on the commercial release)
Is that telling me I have the first of however many tests, or just an undifferentiable test pressing??

"Unlike earlier singles, this seems to only exist with a push-out centre. No copy with a solid centre has ever been reported."

This is worth good money, I sold my solid centre test to a serious collector and for a decent sum, it's a very rare record indeed.What is the condition of the vinyl and does the label have any info written on or a date stamp etc, maybe post a picture on here for us to look at.

I now understand that the anonymous poster at the top of this thread confused the info for the stock 7" with that of the test pressing. That's why I replied thinking he/she was talking about a stock copy with solid centre. Of course all test pressings have solid centres. Yours is not unique. There is no test pressing of Bigmouth with push-out centre.

I now understand that the anonymous poster at the top of this thread confused the info for the stock 7" with that of the test pressing. That's why I replied thinking he/she was talking about a stock copy with solid centre. Of course all test pressings have solid centres. Yours is not unique. There is no test pressing of Bigmouth with push-out centre.

Although not unique, the original poster undoubtedly has a very rare item. I wouldn't think that any more than 25 of these would have been pressed.

Hello again anonymous poster, are you going to post up pictures of this gem for us to see. I think there are less than 10 of these in existence.. I only know of the one that I sold myself, I have never seen another.

Hello again anonymous poster, are you going to post up pictures of this gem for us to see. I think there are less than 10 of these in existence.. I only know of the one that I sold myself, I have never seen another.

Hi folks thanks for all the replies. Not sure why the original post was anonymous, nor why it took so long to get modded. After waiting ages, I forgot about it. Vinyl is to my knowledge unplayed, condition is tip top. I will post some pictures in the next couple of days.

Not necessarily looking to part with it, but interested in seeing what it may be worth.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom