Bicycle ride around smiths landmarks

Would you like to take part in a sponsored bicycle ride around The smiths landmarks?

This sponsored bicycle ride will (possibly) take place on sunday the 30th of september, to fit with local eco week.

Money raised will be donated to The Slaford lads club towards the cost of a much required new roof.

Plans are in place for this 'event' which will contain a couple of surprises.

Now participants are required. That is where YOU come in.

Feel free to mail the organiser for more information at: [email protected]

I'd be quite up for that! although it would be scary cycling in the city centre...we would have to wear helmets, even if they squash a few quiffs!

I'd love to do it and I live near Manchester. Sadly I leave for uni though right before this so I may have to miss out :(

oh jeez, I hope you're not trying to convince Grim that this might be a good idea? It sounds like a barry idea, but not cycling all the way down to Manchester surely? Let me know if I need to get some cycling practice in eh?

love

GU

I would if I could ride a bike. I could when I was younger, but I've forgotten how to. Which shatters the old myth somewhat.

am pumping up my tyres in readiness

Blimey..... I'll have to borrow a bike....

I'll wizz round my suggested course in a car to gauge the milage. My suggestion would be to start at the Mosaics outside Afflecks Palace and then onto Strangeways, Salford Lads Club, Kings Road (for the old house and Iron Bridge), Southern Cemetery, Whalley Range, Holy Name Church all the way down Wilmslow Rd, Oxford Road / Street past G-Mex, The Hacienda and finishing up at The Ritz (where it all began!!).

If anyone wants to continue to cycle up to a desolate hillside with a puncture - find your own way :D

Jukebox Jury

Blimey..... I'll have to borrow a bike....

I'll wizz round my suggested course in a car to gauge the milage. My suggestion would be to start at the Mosaics outside Afflecks Palace and then onto Strangeways, Salford Lads Club, Kings Road (for the old house and Iron Bridge), Southern Cemetery, Whalley Range, Holy Name Church all the way down Wilmslow Rd, Oxford Road / Street past G-Mex, The Hacienda and finishing up at The Ritz (where it all began!!).

If anyone wants to continue to cycle up to a desolate hillside with a puncture - find your own way :D

Jukebox Jury

shit thats so awesome. wish I could do that. It's totally on my list of things to do before I die. ;)

shit thats so awesome. wish I could do that. It's totally on my list of things to do before I die. ;)

Nugz
I'm sure that unless a few of us get into training, it will be the last thing we do before we die:eek:

Jukebox Jury

Nugz
I'm sure that unless a few of us get into training, it will be the last thing we do before we die:eek:

Jukebox Jury

haha true. I'm so out of shape, I'd probably stop peddling at the sight of the nearest bar and go have some drinks instead, be like "ok f*** this shizzle, I'm tireddd." haha

I'm ok on a bike but i have a problem actually stopping and signalling to turn left and right. :o besides Manchester would be a nightmare to cycle round but oh so much fun, plus there are plenty of hospitals for you to take me to when i fall off my bike. :D

that's such a wonderful idea! impossible for me, but I LOVE it! Take lots of pics!!
Q: has any of the bikers in the video ever surfaced in this communities or forums?

I've never met any of your before, but me and a mate are up for it.
Maybe the people who now live in his old house will make us a cup of tea? Or one of the neighbours might take pity on us :)

I'll email the organiser.

M23 an I are cyclin doon fi Scotland ffs, so all thems that is in 30 mile o SLC had better be there or else eh! :)

love

Grim

Sounds fun, but I'd just embaress myself by begging to stop and take a break every mile, wheezing helplessly, and falling off my bike and crying.

Back
Top Bottom