Beware of Advantage Tickets

Musley

wild and free
I know this is my own fault, but I paid for two tickets at £85 pound each from a site called Advantage tickets who guarantee tickets for sold out events. They never came. No one answered their phone or replied to my e-mails. With hotel and train tickets booked and paid for we went to Camden anyway, hoping they may be left at the venue. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw it was postponed. Up to now this whole caper has cost me near on £400 quid for nothing. The man at the Roundhouse said they are touts and doubts if I will get my money back. Oh well, enough said! But please beware as they are selling tickets for other concerts. Pass it on.

good to know. what is they website. have you got a link?

Their web address is just advantagetickets.co.uk

Have a look, they look like the genuine thing, very professional, but obviously are not. Trying to get my money back through paypal account but no luck up to now!

Their web address is just advantagetickets.co.uk

Have a look, they look like the genuine thing, very professional, but obviously are not. Trying to get my money back through paypal account but no luck up to now!

this happened to me once, but not through a real store.... try going through your credit card directly and you may have better luck than dealing with paypal.

I know this is my own fault, but I paid for two tickets at £85 pound each from a site called Advantage tickets who guarantee tickets for sold out events. They never came. No one answered their phone or replied to my e-mails. With hotel and train tickets booked and paid for we went to Camden anyway, hoping they may be left at the venue. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw it was postponed. Up to now this whole caper has cost me near on £400 quid for nothing. The man at the Roundhouse said they are touts and doubts if I will get my money back. Oh well, enough said! But please beware as they are selling tickets for other concerts. Pass it on.

Hmmm...you could've asked about Advantage Tickets good people of Solo before you paid your money. :(

You should contact Trading Standard Authority, BBC Radio 4's You and Yours and BBC 1's Watchdog.

this happened to me once, but not through a real store.... try going through your credit card directly and you may have better luck than dealing with paypal.

Thanks for the advice, it won't happen to me again, you learn by your mistakes!

Yes definately contact your local trading standards office (at your local town hall) and the other places like BBC Watchdog as suggested.
Also contact your local newspaper, see if they will take it up for you.
You wont get your hotel / train fare back but should get your ticket money back.
I would also suggest contacting your MP too, giving the name and address of the company.

Good luck - let us know how you get on.

Jukebox Jury

Hmmm...you could've asked about Advantage Tickets good people of Solo before you paid your money. :(

You should contact Trading Standard Authority, BBC Radio 4's You and Yours and BBC 1's Watchdog.

So Kewpie you have heard of them then?

So Kewpie you have heard of them then?

No, I don't buy tickets from the sites which I haven't heard of.

Regarding December 2006 G-Mex gigs someone asked about a ticket agency he wan't familiar with.
Luckily it was a legitimate agency.

Update - finally some-one answered their phone this morning. I said my tickets were not at the venue and as it was cancelled when would I get my money refunded. He said - give me 45 mins and I'll get back to you. I'm still waiting!

Is this one for real too?

For ONE ticket!
https://www.seatwave.com/morrissey-tickets/buy?gclid=CKeI-9LLmZECFQppQgod_Uo4OQ
Selected Tickets: Circle Seated - Block: Seated

Item Price
At £121.00 each,

£121.00

Commission £21.33
UK post & packing £5.00
Total £147.33

ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY SEVEN POUNDS THIRTY THREE PENCE!

Damn flippin super cala frajalistic nora that's expensive!

Is this one for real too?

For ONE ticket!
https://www.seatwave.com/morrissey-tickets/buy?gclid=CKeI-9LLmZECFQppQgod_Uo4OQ
Selected Tickets: Circle Seated - Block: Seated

Item Price
At £121.00 each,

£121.00

Commission £21.33
UK post & packing £5.00
Total £147.33

ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY SEVEN POUNDS THIRTY THREE PENCE!

Damn flippin super cala frajalistic nora that's expensive!

Looks like one Dom. If you type Morrissey tickets into a search engine, there are lots of these sights. Whose to say they are real. Surely someone must regulate these things. Please be careful, I'm still fighting to get my money back.

Back
Top Bottom