Morrissey Central "BETTY DAVIS, RIP" (February 19, 2022)

BETTY DAVIS, RIP

betty-davis-7_gnyldf.jpg

As observed in the condolences thread, Betty died on February 9, 2022.
Regards,
FWD.

I'd love to hear Morrissey cover 'In the Meantime'. Lyrically, it's right on his sweet spot.

I was interested in the support acts Morrissey had chosen. There haven't been many in recent years but Britain's Billy Idol was one. I wondered about him, and saw that Miley was at an intimate birthday party of his. Then he featured on her single Starcrawling and I liked that. Maybe he was a friend of her father. I don't know if collaborations across the generations are the way forward for someone like Morrissey but it is interesting to consider.
Anyway, I don't know if Miley is on the new Morrissey album. I was surprised that she and Billy Idol were friends, and then I was surprised that Miley seemed to be a Smiths and Morrissey fan. Central posted a photo of the goddess in a Smiths T-shirt and I think a link to her saying Morrissey's music is pretty much all she was listening to. So then I wondered if Central was aware that Miley and Billy Idol were friends. Billy had a Chinese-American girlfriend at the time and Central seemed anti-Chinese in a way. Billy's a grandfather now. I like him, and if Miley's a Morrissey fan then I like her too.

Anyway, I don't know if Miley is on the new Morrissey album. I was surprised that she and Billy Idol were friends, and then I was surprised that Miley seemed to be a Smiths and Morrissey fan. Central posted a photo of the goddess in a Smiths T-shirt and I think a link to her saying Morrissey's music is pretty much all she was listening to. So then I wondered if Central was aware that Miley and Billy Idol were friends. Billy had a Chinese-American girlfriend at the time and Central seemed anti-Chinese in a way. Billy's a grandfather now. I like him, and if Miley's a Morrissey fan then I like her too.
May I ask how old you are? Or is English a second language .. I don't ask any of the questions to be rude, just curious.
Im not sure Billy Idol is a friend as such,
I mean, if they saw each other in a pub they would speak, but I doubt every much they call each other up, to go to the pub together.

Morrissey, from what I have heard hasn't always even liked the music of some of his support artists.
I think The Courteeners, was more about, injecting new blood, than being keen on their music.
sometimes he is helping out a friend or a label mate , fan

I don't think central is anti-Chinese, its anti-people claiming the disease wasn't made in a lab in china when we all know it was.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom