Morrissey Central "BETTY DAVIS, RIP" (February 19, 2022)

BETTY DAVIS, RIP

betty-davis-7_gnyldf.jpg

As observed in the condolences thread, Betty died on February 9, 2022.
Regards,
FWD.

A very interesting person. Listening to her song Uptown (to Harlem) reminds me that we are still waiting for Morrissey's new album.

A very interesting person. Listening to her song Uptown (to Harlem) reminds me that we are still waiting for Morrissey's new album.

First a record deal, the album was done, seems with Alain they're working on new songs or album, but another 7 year without label, he should go to a minor independent label,...no big label is going to sign Him though I keep hoping.

First a record deal, the album was done, seems with Alain they're working on new songs or album, but another 7 year without label, he should go to a minor independent label,...no big label is going to sign Him though I keep hoping.
When I saw that one of the tracks was called Ha Ha Harlem I was intrigued. Does anyone have any idea if Morrissey has any connection to Harlem in New York City?

song above sounds like it came right out of a blaxploitaion film,great voice.

Bit late with this one. Usually they're not even cold yet before the Central tribute is posted.

Betty Davis seemed to be attracted to the dangerous, different and sexy side of life. Harlem used to symbolize this. I wonder if we dare follow such people or are we too concerned with our own comfort and security.

Betty was different even among the different.
She really just did her thing but they weren't
ready for it.
Accordin' to reports, Miles Davis divorced her
cause she was to wild, but it's really probably
cause Betty wouldn't let Miles control her.
Yeah, Miles was alright takin' alot of style from
Betty though.
All that Bitches Brew stuff was influenced by
Betty.

When I saw that one of the tracks was called Ha Ha Harlem I was intrigued. Does anyone have any idea if Morrissey has any connection to Harlem in New York City?
I saw Moz at the Apollo Harlem once, 04' or 05', is that a connection?

I saw Moz at the Apollo Harlem once, 04' or 05', is that a connection?
Yes, indeed. But of course the concerts were in so many places. I suppose the obvious connection is James Baldwin, but it's anyone's guess until we hear the new album. Any vivid memories of the Apollo?

BETTY DAVIS, RIP

View attachment 79400

Regards,
FWD.

It’s a bit quiet from the usual
BETTY DAVIS, RIP

View attachment 79400

Regards,
FWD.

It’s a little bit quiet from the usual vaginas. Wonder if they have difficulty with Moz praising an artist of colour?

This is a good one. Didn't she look fantastic?!

I could imagine Miley Cyrus dressed like this. Daisy Duke meets glam rock! There are many similarities between Miley and Betty: their powerful, sometimes harsh vocals; their raunchy stage performances; being song writers; being controversial; being outgoing and friendly; their attention to clothes and image generally.

I could imagine Miley Cyrus dressed like this. Daisy Duke meets glam rock! There are many similarities between Miley and Betty: their powerful, sometimes harsh vocals; their raunchy stage performances; being song writers; being controversial; being outgoing and friendly; their attention to clothes and image generally.

Betty Davis

Miley will never be.

Betty Davis

Miley will never be.
Undoubtedly. I must admit that I was starting to lose interest in Miley (she says f**k way too much, for one thing), but then we got that photo from Andrew Watt's staircase and that piqued my curiosity all over again.

Undoubtedly. I must admit that I was starting to lose interest in Miley (she says f**k way too much, for one thing), but then we got that photo from Andrew Watt's staircase and that

piqued my curiosity all over again.

why? even when playing the temporary role of a hump on Morrissey’s back, she’s still nobody’s nothing.

why? even when playing the temporary role of a hump on Morrissey’s back, she’s still nobody’s nothing.
I was interested in the support acts Morrissey had chosen. There haven't been many in recent years but Britain's Billy Idol was one. I wondered about him, and saw that Miley was at an intimate birthday party of his. Then he featured on her single Starcrawling and I liked that. Maybe he was a friend of her father. I don't know if collaborations across the generations are the way forward for someone like Morrissey but it is interesting to consider.

Back
Top Bottom