Morrissey Central "BETTY DAVIS, RIP" (February 19, 2022)

BETTY DAVIS, RIP

betty-davis-7_gnyldf.jpg

As observed in the condolences thread, Betty died on February 9, 2022.
Regards,
FWD.

A

Anonymous

I'd love to hear Morrissey cover 'In the Meantime'. Lyrically, it's right on his sweet spot.

J

j*e*t

I was interested in the support acts Morrissey had chosen. There haven't been many in recent years but Britain's Billy Idol was one. I wondered about him, and saw that Miley was at an intimate birthday party of his. Then he featured on her single Starcrawling and I liked that. Maybe he was a friend of her father. I don't know if collaborations across the generations are the way forward for someone like Morrissey but it is interesting to consider.
Anyway, I don't know if Miley is on the new Morrissey album. I was surprised that she and Billy Idol were friends, and then I was surprised that Miley seemed to be a Smiths and Morrissey fan. Central posted a photo of the goddess in a Smiths T-shirt and I think a link to her saying Morrissey's music is pretty much all she was listening to. So then I wondered if Central was aware that Miley and Billy Idol were friends. Billy had a Chinese-American girlfriend at the time and Central seemed anti-Chinese in a way. Billy's a grandfather now. I like him, and if Miley's a Morrissey fan then I like her too.

Dirk Blaggard

Anyway, I don't know if Miley is on the new Morrissey album. I was surprised that she and Billy Idol were friends, and then I was surprised that Miley seemed to be a Smiths and Morrissey fan. Central posted a photo of the goddess in a Smiths T-shirt and I think a link to her saying Morrissey's music is pretty much all she was listening to. So then I wondered if Central was aware that Miley and Billy Idol were friends. Billy had a Chinese-American girlfriend at the time and Central seemed anti-Chinese in a way. Billy's a grandfather now. I like him, and if Miley's a Morrissey fan then I like her too.
May I ask how old you are? Or is English a second language .. I don't ask any of the questions to be rude, just curious.
Im not sure Billy Idol is a friend as such,
I mean, if they saw each other in a pub they would speak, but I doubt every much they call each other up, to go to the pub together.

Morrissey, from what I have heard hasn't always even liked the music of some of his support artists.
I think The Courteeners, was more about, injecting new blood, than being keen on their music.
sometimes he is helping out a friend or a label mate , fan

I don't think central is anti-Chinese, its anti-people claiming the disease wasn't made in a lab in china when we all know it was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom