beth ditto .fat or not?

She's overweight, but she's awesome because she doesn't care what anyone thinks. It's hot when someone is comfortable with their body.

Now, after I say that I'm still dragging my ass to the gym in half an hour to try to loose my gut. I'm in my 6th month and I'm angry there's no results.
I should learn how to love my gut like Beth.

Monique

its too hot to go to the gym mo'
i need to go myself but im content doing headstands in my bra near to my air conditioner.

let me go where my carbon footprint goes.

I hasten to use the word 'fat', but yes, she is. But at the same time she's cool with that, so everyone else is too. I find that when people learn to not care about their weight, no one else cares either.

Then again, seeing her naked on the front of the NME was not a nice experience. :(

Coiff.

i dont judge her as below anyone just because she is overweight, but she's too young to be so big already, and i worry about her future. Not often, just when the subject comes up. im in pre nursing so i have learned about what her body is going through having to keep going under that amount of weight. i wold never want her to become super thin, but if she lost 30 pounds it would greatly increase her chances of living a healthy long life.

its too hot to go to the gym mo'
i need to go myself but im content doing headstands in my bra near to my air conditioner.

let me go where my carbon footprint goes.

Too hot is right!! It's 90 degrees for the 4th day in a row over here in New Joisey.
I work from my home office so if I don't go to the gym at least once a day I will get cabin fever.
This also explains why I post all hours of the day on the message boards. I'm supposed to be working, but no one is here to see that I am not..lol ;)
If I ever have to look for a new job I will put "professional Morrissey-Solo.com message poster" on there since I do more of that than my reports for work!

Monique

Too hot is right!! It's 90 degrees for the 4th day in a row over here in New Joisey.
I work from my home office so if I don't go to the gym at least once a day I will get cabin fever.
This also explains why I post all hours of the day on the message boards. I'm supposed to be working, but no one is here to see that I am not..lol ;)
If I ever have to look for a new job I will put "professional Morrissey-Solo.com message poster" on there since I do more of that than my reports for work!

Monique

sigh, i've been too busy and when ive got down time, too lazy to go to the gym.

I just ordered a new exercise DVD. I don't do gyms!

you guys can just get a yoga mat and a rodney yee video.

ive actually got some nice 40 minute workout videos in my comcast on demand. im just wanted to veg when i get time to hang out here and chat about whatever instead of work out, since i have so much school and work.

sometimes i work out at 10 at night but thats kind of stupid.

Its pretty obvious that its fat. I can in no way understand how people find gluttony admirable. If her obesity is the cause of a medical affliction then fair enough, i revoke my comment.

Its pretty obvious that its fat. I can in no way understand how people find gluttony admirable. If her obesity is the cause of a medical affliction then fair enough, i revoke my comment.

I don't know how she even stays big because she works very hard at all her concerts from what I can tell from the pictures! either it is medical or she just eats a lot. I monitor my calories closely (I used to be fat) and if I eat how a lot of people "normally" eat I get at least 3000 calories a day and I shouldn't eat over 1800. Its very easy to go overboard in calories even if you aren't eating entire cakes and whole boxes of cookies. So if it is purely because she eats a lot of cals I suspect that a)its around 3500-4000 calories a day and b) a good chunk of it is liquid... cola and orange juice calories (or alcohol calories) add up quickly!

I don't know how she even stays big because she works very hard at all her concerts from what I can tell from the pictures! either it is medical or she just eats a lot. I monitor my calories closely (I used to be fat) and if I eat how a lot of people "normally" eat I get at least 3000 calories a day and I shouldn't eat over 1800. Its very easy to go overboard in calories even if you aren't eating entire cakes and whole boxes of cookies. So if it is purely because she eats a lot of cals I suspect that a)its around 3500-4000 calories a day and b) a good chunk of it is liquid... cola and orange juice calories (or alcohol calories) add up quickly!

I can tell you are in an almighty struggle with the calories. Your effort shines through in your post. Good luck.

I can tell you are in an almighty struggle with the calories. Your effort shines through in your post. Good luck.

you're right. I lost 50 pounds and I never want another ounce of it back on me.
I used to look like this:
http://photos-ak.sparkpeople.com/4/4/l449482616.jpghttp://photos-ak.sparkpeople.com/8/0/l801599881.jpg
Now I looke like this:
http://photos-ak.sparkpeople.com/1/7/l179715418.jpg
This pic is 2 yrs old but i havent gained anything and its the only 'body shot' i have.

Wow that's an amazing difference! how did you do it?

As for Beth Ditto, I don't have an opinion really, I thought the nme cover shot was a good move publicity-wise. I guess it's a shame that the only people in the media are reflecting extremes in body shape, we could do with a few more average 'healthy' looking people.

As for Beth Ditto, I don't have an opinion really, I thought the nme cover shot was a good move publicity-wise. I guess it's a shame that the only people in the media are reflecting extremes in body shape, we could do with a few more average 'healthy' looking people.
It's tough though. I find it really hard to keep my weight stable, it's up and down all the time, at the moment I feel I'd like to loose a little bit of weight, I had a big struggle before to loose weight, since I was a teenager. I'm always curvey, which I don't mind, but then sometimes I really don't like the extra curves I have right now! I shouldn't care, I certainly try not to judge other people on the way they look, but it does depress me sometimes. Right now, I am on a health kick, i lost lots of weight last year, by not dieting and because I had a lot going on in my life, but I have put most of it back on! Oh well!

Stopped eating out; that was a big one. I drank a lot of water. had a slim fast for breakfast and broke down meals into 5 times a day. and exercised quite a bit. I still run now. I'm quite slow but I enjoy it.

I use www.sparkpeople.com to calculate calories now. i find it very helpful.

I guess one could call her "fat," but that has never stopped me before. I actually find her to be extremely hot. When I saw that NME cover, oh my, well I won't go into details. LOL

you're right. I lost 50 pounds and I never want another ounce of it back on me.
I used to look like this:
http://photos-ak.sparkpeople.com/4/4/l449482616.jpghttp://photos-ak.sparkpeople.com/8/0/l801599881.jpg
Now I looke like this:
http://photos-ak.sparkpeople.com/1/7/l179715418.jpg
This pic is 2 yrs old but i havent gained anything and its the only 'body shot' i have.

Wow, that's awesome. You looked good before, but fantastic now.

I'm trying to lose my extra 20. It will not come off. I go to the gym everyday and do cardio for 60 min and weight train. Upper body one day and lower body the next. I am even on the almighty Weight Watchers with seems to only be failing me.
I assume I am turning the fat into muscle, which sucks. I don't want to look like a body builder!! If I don't lose this 20 before next summer, I'm going on Atkins again. Atkins works wonders, but the food sucks. I hate having to eat meat constantly. I'm not a vegatratian, but too much meat, is too much meat, ya know :D

Back
Top Bottom