Best version of Suedehead

S

Southpaw Geeza II

Suedehead is very much the "GARLIC BREADDD" (Peter Kay reference) of his career, Probably his most well known 80's solo song (excluding everyday is like Sunday). Due to the popularity of the record it has been performed a whole load of times in various ways. These variances are not major but they are certainly a nice change to a tired song.

In my opinion the best version is the one seen performed on "Later with Jools Holland" (October, 1992), What is your favorite version

-Southpaw Geeza (Best album btw)

Saturday Night Live was pretty good. Especially since Michael Keaton seemed to spit his name out like a bad oyster when he introduced him.

Saturday Night Live was pretty good. Especially since Michael Keaton seemed to spit his name out like a bad oyster when he introduced him.
Regarding that, who is the woman he has his arm around?

He looks unusually relaxed and sociable there, too.

Regarding that, who is the woman he has his arm around?

He looks unusually relaxed and sociable there, too.

funny you should ask because I was in vinyl boutique last year and running the shop was a friend of Lyn's and we were talking about the your arsenal tour and she said that she was the girl in the video. And the reason she, Moz and the lads are all laughing because when they all were making it up on the set she tripped.

equally as good as the SNL performance:

In the days before interweb I remember as a fallow 17 year old staying in to watch this one Friday night and then seeing him live the following Friday. A week seemed like an eternity then.

Kids dunno how easy they've got it nowadays with everything available at the touch of a button (and I realise we had vcrs but still)

Also doesn't Later look better without a studio audience full of coked-up BBC floorrunners and their annoying pals.

Does anyone have a copy of the short-lived 2006 version? I don't recall the arrangement.

I love the current version, fair play to the band, I think they nail it. I also like the slightly slower 2002 version, though I may be alone in that.

Does anyone have a copy of the short-lived 2006 version? I don't recall the arrangement.

Probably pretty similar to this version from 2007, when it popped up a couple times. As you recall, the Ringleader tour (2006) more-or-less morphed into the Greatest Hits tour (2007).

While trawling on this theme, I by chance stumbled on what must be the worst version, at Wolverhampton '88. It's so bad that some people in the comments section suggest he was drunk, and you do have to wonder. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom