Best song from a Rocky movie?

mspendl828

Banned
Eye of the Tiger?
Burning Heart?
The main theme?
Another song from one of the many montage?

What is the greatest song from the greatest movies of all time?

It's pretty hard to beat "A Hard Day's Night", from our film of the same name.

"A Hard Day's Night" wasn't part of the Rocky series' I'm afraid, John. Although as you were only alive for the first two Stallone masterpieces I'll let you off, this time...

Edit: Oh, and while we're chatting John, what was the deal with Double Fantasy? The Lennon I enjoyed wasn't really one for sentimental nonsense like 'Woman'. And why leave out the good, harder songs that you recorded and demo'd at the same time? Surely 'Serve Yourself' deserved a proper recording and release?

I actually like "take it back" very much.

It's the song that appears, a cappella, sung by street singers in Rocky's neighbourhood in the first film.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BTpRVY82gYE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BTpRVY82gYE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

thats the one I like! :cool:

Going the Distance gives me chills everytime I hear it

I also love this scene in 4 when he is driving around to "there's no easy way out"

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, Eye of the Tiger is pretty sweet.

ok who here has actually ran up the Art Museum steps like a douchebag, humming the Rocky theme?

*raises hand*

The mother of a college friend of mine co-wrote the Rocky theme ("Gonna Fly Now"). According to him, she's been living in a trailer in Oklahoma for the past 30 years solely off the royalties from that one song. TRUFAX.

Eye of the Tiger is supreme awesome 80s sing along stadium crap. I love it. Burning Heart is a bit embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom