Best sixth song on a Morrissey album

I Bury the Living is truly a career low. It's clearly written by someone who has never really had to fight for anything in his life. I wonder how the Ukrainians fighting for their country would relate to lines like "I'm just an innocent soldier / There would be no war if not for me". Plus to add insult to injuri, it's full of late period Morrissey gobbledegook like "I'll blow up a border / I'll blow up your daughter" and the seemingly endless "honour, mad, cannon fodder" chant.

But then again, Late Night, Maudlin Street shows all the great things Morrissey has been capable of writing and singing.
I think it's a good song, it's not as beautiful as Late fight with Maude and Lyne but why re-do that song, when he had already done it?
I think people saw it as a dumb song with M attacking soldiers. Spiteful and mean.
It's not my kind of song as such but it has some lovely tender moments, Jesse again showing, he has more talent than people give him credit -
In my mind "I thought you were dead " is as good, if not better than most songs Boz and Alain ever did, the fact he then did River Clean, mean's M was right to have him on board
I think people having ago at M and misreading this song, shows more about their lack of depth and understanding of M, than anything else.

I took it as a human song, M seeing into the soul of someone who joined the army, was made into a killer then hit self-destruct and died.
The dead soldiers' attempt of finding meaning via battle is shown to be hollow and empty.
Pictures of their dead son in uniform (for instance), don't help the parents, it just highlights how young he was and what a waste it all is, This is made worse when they watch the news and see the same old wars rumble on. What was the point? There is no point.

1. Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
2. Knockabout World
3. Found Found Found
4. The Father Who Must Be Killed
5. Late Night, Maudlin Street
6. The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores
7. Do Your Best And Don't Worry
8. It's Over
9. Staircase At The University
10. We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
11. When Last I Spoke To Carol
12. I Bury The Living