Best Singing On A Morrissey Song

Touché! You know, I love the Dylan/Cash Girl From The North Country precisely because of the little slip. Though wrong notes are unforgivable. :p

I have heard about it, but I haven't listened to it. I love the original song too much to listen, I think. I'm not a big Johnny Cash fan, and only a mild Dylan one.

Funny how people keep mentioning Pigsty and most songs on Ringleader, I think his voice suffered a bit here, mostly on Pigsty from the line "I still maintain-ee-ain-ee-ain" etc.. it's almost like he's singing it really softly because if he went stronger his voice would break. But mostly on "On the streets I ran" which is one of my least favorite Morrissey songs, uninspired music but Moz's voice really loses it, mostly the line "is claim to know the real you" the "you" sounds awful, check it out, at about 2:20 in the song

but I know this isn't a which song does moz sound worst on thread, just surprised there's so much love for Ringleader which I found disappointing vocally.

But mostly on "On the streets I ran" which is one of my least favorite Morrissey songs, uninspired music but Moz's voice really loses it, mostly the line "is claim to know the real you" the "you" sounds awful, check it out, at about 2:20 in the song

I quite like this, not because it's fantastic, but because, again, it's appropriate! It's emotional and it's despairing because of the people he is singing about

I quite like this, not because it's fantastic, but because, again, it's appropriate! It's emotional and it's despairing because of the people he is singing about

I do get what you mean here, and I agree that when applied correctly this is great, that raw emotion that you capture in one take that might not be "perfect" but it's real and such .. but this isn't one of the times I'd say it works

but I know this isn't a which song does moz sound worst on thread, just surprised there's so much love for Ringleader which I found disappointing vocally.

I felt terrible I critiqued his vibratto above. After listening to it on other songs I absolutely love it. And the "Main-ta-ee-ai-ee-ai-ee-ain" on Pigsty is one of the best parts in my opinion.

I do get what you mean here, and I agree that when applied correctly this is great, that raw emotion that you capture in one take that might not be "perfect" but it's real and such .. but this isn't one of the times I'd say it works

Maybe you don't quite get its full meaning... but when you live with people like this, it's a fantastic song and emotion is understandable!

i listened to them and definitive

rubber ring...

the youngest...

on the streets i ran...

and Suedehead!!!

I really adore Morrissey's voice when he was young. It was fragile, cute, so wonderful...:horny: Like in "Tomorrow", "Everyday is like sunday"; his voice is funny in "girlfriend in a coma", cause at the beginning he sings a little with his nose.:p
His voice was haunting :sweet: on many other songs during the 90ies, especially on theVauxhall and I album, and very powerful :rolleyes:on the arsenal album. He had a really beautiful voice on some songs of the "You are the quarry album", like America is not the world" (the 1st song I heard from it: brilliant); yes, I think he sings the slow songs very well...:cool:

Last edited:
My personal favourites for Moz's warblings are ...

Come Back To Camden
Lost
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Speedway
Now My Heart Is Full
Nobody Loves Us
Trouble Loves Me
Ammunition
Wide To Receive

His voice is perfect on Come Back to Camden. Love that song.

Late Night, Maudlin Street and I Know It's Over

I love his voice in I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now, my favourite song of Ringleader.

I'll never beeeeeeeee
I'll never beeeeeeeee
I'll never be anybody's lover now
I'll never beeeeeeeee
I'll never beeeeeeeee
I'll never be anybody's lover now
things I've heard and I've seen
and I've felt and I've been
tell me I'll never be
anybody's lover now
it begins in the heart
and it hurts when it's true
it only hurts
because it's true.

:tears:

A true crooner.

- Yes, I Am Blind
- Lucky Lisp
- He Knows I'd Love To See Him
- Interlude (the version sans Siouxie)
- Friday Mourning
- Come Back To Camden
- Sweetie-Pie
- My Dearest Love
- I'm Not Sorry
- Tomorrow
- Trouble Loves Me

Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself and Alstatian Cousin, maybe because I just listened to them quite loud and songs always sound better when they're loud.

I think Morrissey's voice improves as he gets older. He sounds deeper.

Life Is A Pigsty
Friday Mourning
My Dearest Love
Let Me Kiss You
Maladjusted
Late Night, Maudlin Street

There again, I just love his voice on everything he's ever done. He could sing Baa Baa Black Sheep and make it sound beautiful.

The More You Ignore Me... just love how he sings the word "Yeeeah"

All You Need is Me = pure Moz venom:

You bang your head against the wall,
you say you're sick of it all

Choosing songs through the various eras, I'd go with:

Late Night Maudlin Street
Yes, I Am Blind (very underappreciated Morrissey song, great vocal melody)
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
Nobody Love Us
Trouble Loves Me
Come Back to Camden
Dear God, Please Help Me
I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now
My Dearest Love

Definitely leaning toward the tracks that show off his croon.

Back
Top Bottom